Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've been hitting up the dating sites recently as kind of a 'last resort' due to a fairly abysmal lovelife (I'm 27 and not getting any younger). To my surprise, it seems to have gone way better than I thought it would... I seem to have no trouble getting dates with decent looking girls and actually have a couple of 2nd dates lined up (I've only ever been on 'first' dates before)

This one girl in particular seems really pretty but fairly quiet and her boundaries were quite clear... so much so that I took it she wasn't even that into me, but she seems keen for a second date so I guess that's something. We were out for a drink for a few hours in a couple of bars and generally getting to know each other but neither of us could stay out too late... no kiss or anything.

Now we have another date in the pipeline, I'm just wondering what should I do? Just suggest going for a drink again even though that's what we did the first date? And should I expect to be a bit more physical this time around? It would seem odd to go on 2 dates and not even kiss (assuming the 2nd date goes well that is). And should we be staying out a bit longer than just 2–3 hours?

Also what kind of things should we talk about? More romantic topics than just work, music, interests etc I'm guessing?

ReputationRep:
    I would try and have some fun, go to a funky restaurant or interesting event. Or just ask her what she would really like to do. Try to have more a laugh and flirtation that leads to a natural kiss or even just holding hands. A 2nd date is usually a good sign but is also a bit pivotal as a 3rd date is getting quite serious. I've only been blown out once after a 2nd date and to be honest my heart wasn't in it either. Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zarek)
    I would try and have some fun, go to a funky restaurant or interesting event. Or just ask her what she would really like to do. Try to have more a laugh and flirtation that leads to a natural kiss or even just holding hands. A 2nd date is usually a good sign but is also a bit pivotal as a 3rd date is getting quite serious. I've only been blown out once after a 2nd date and to be honest my heart wasn't in it either. Good luck.
    Thanks for the tips. I'll see what she says then... I always seem to have trouble getting flirty as I rarely can think of anything to say. Whenever I've kissed (or anything else) on dates its normally as a result of the girl coming onto me rather than the other way around, but I'm not sure I can see it working like that with this girl as she seems quite reserved. So I guess it's all up to me! :/

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 18, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.