Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    What are your thoughts on the Chemistry GCSE on the 19th of May?

Any speculations on the type of questions they'll focus on?

ReputationRep:
    I'm really happy with how it went, I'm just hoping that this doesn't mean that grade boundaries will be too high.

How did you find it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RosieBee37)
    I'm really happy with how it went, I'm just hoping that this doesn't mean that grade boundaries will be too high.

How did you find it?
    I also really liked the exam. Most people in my school did so I'm expecting the grade boundaries to be pretty high unfortunately (48-50+ perhaps).

The only question I really struggled on was filling in the table at the back with standard form.

Which part did you have difficulties in?

ReputationRep:
    I really enjoyed the exam. The only question that I had to properly think on was the standard form at the back !!

ReputationRep:
    The exam was a walk in the park. The only two questions that for some reason I didn't get was the Solution Mining Question and the Mathematics Chlorine Table Question.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deliciate)
    I also really liked the exam. Most people in my school did so I'm expecting the grade boundaries to be pretty high unfortunately (48-50+ perhaps).

The only question I really struggled on was filling in the table at the back with standard form.

Which part did you have difficulties in?
    Me too! It was such an odd question but I guessed the answer as logically as I could so hopefully I may have scraped at least one mark.

I also had a complete mind blank on how a plasticiser makes something more flexible which I'm so angry about as I knew the answer! But oh well

ReputationRep:
    I was expecting something along the lines of the biology paper (obscure) so it was a welcome surprise!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmald583)
    I was expecting something along the lines of the biology paper (obscure) so it was a welcome surprise!
    Yes, I'm happy it wasn't as difficult as the biology exam. What I really liked about the exam is how content based it was. If you revised you will get a good result. They didn't try to trick us with some oddly worded questions. It was predominantly a data interpretation exam.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.