Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Seemed to want to date but now ignoring me? watch

Hey all, another one of those stories im afraid, hopefully someone will give me some advice.

Theres a girl at sixth form, she seems quite shy, who I noticed was looking at me a few times so I sent her a message on facebook. The first conversation was just to let her know that I knew she existed and I joked about something I noticed that she does alot and she took that quite well. It was only a short conversation but she replied thoughtfully and I thought it went quite well.

The next time I contacted her, a week later I asked about her revision and after a few short messages I told her I would be at this place if she wanted to join me for coffee. She replied (I'll include the important parts here) "I would like to" but she was busy that day with genuine reasons i know to be true and then she finished it off with "Besides I prefer X " (this other place)

Now if it wasn't for the "I would like to" and the bit at the end (Where i presume she wanted me to ask her to meet at that place instead of the one i originally suggested) I would probably just leave it at that but she genuinely seemed like she would like to meet up so I sent her a message this week asking how she was and if she had any spare time in her schedule.

That was 48 hours ago now. She's been active in that time but hasn't opened my message. What is that about?

The last girl I tried talking to sometime late last year I was no where near as forward as I think i am now. I took me months to ask her out on a date and obviously she wasnt into it at that point. So this time around I think i did right by getting more or less straight to the point?

ReputationRep:
    I don't know what you want us to say? It seemed as though she was interested, but now looks like she probably wasn't. Give it another day or so. If no reply, you can assume you've been brushed off. Sorry brah.

ReputationRep:
    The frustrating thing about dating is that reject comes in a variety of frustrating forms. The initially interested and then cools is a less humiliating one but particularly disheartening. Might be worth another go, but forget f/b and go for face to face - bolder and you generally find out where you stand, good or bad.

ReputationRep:
    give it a bit more time. it is exam season after all, she could be busy revising and not have time for a long conversation

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Hey all, another one of those stories im afraid, hopefully someone will give me some advice.

Theres a girl at sixth form, she seems quite shy, who I noticed was looking at me a few times so I sent her a message on facebook. The first conversation was just to let her know that I knew she existed and I joked about something I noticed that she does alot and she took that quite well. It was only a short conversation but she replied thoughtfully and I thought it went quite well.

The next time I contacted her, a week later I asked about her revision and after a few short messages I told her I would be at this place if she wanted to join me for coffee. She replied (I'll include the important parts here) "I would like to" but she was busy that day with genuine reasons i know to be true and then she finished it off with "Besides I prefer X " (this other place)

Now if it wasn't for the "I would like to" and the bit at the end (Where i presume she wanted me to ask her to meet at that place instead of the one i originally suggested) I would probably just leave it at that but she genuinely seemed like she would like to meet up so I sent her a message this week asking how she was and if she had any spare time in her schedule.

That was 48 hours ago now. She's been active in that time but hasn't opened my message. What is that about?

The last girl I tried talking to sometime late last year I was no where near as forward as I think i am now. I took me months to ask her out on a date and obviously she wasnt into it at that point. So this time around I think i did right by getting more or less straight to the point?
    I'm a girl so hopefully I can shed some insight (or not, because girls are impossible to understand and generally tend to make no sense)

One of 2 things has happened... You've either
    a) been friendzoned, or no zoned tbh is she's not replying to you
    OR
    b) enticed her and she likes you so she's giving you the cool 'ooh I am going to appear super nochalant and chill by not replying immediately and then reply in a few days so that he/she thinks I am not too keen but still keen and oo mystique'

Girls do weird shiz.

Wait it out a few days and if she's into you she'll reply. She may just be busy ATM or want time to reply to your message so you can have an actual conversation rather than fleeting messages enterlaced with pregnant pauses as she goes about her busy life. If not, then she's a bit of a walley for leading you on but don't read too much into it.

Anyway, good luck dude <3

(I hope shes option b by the way)

ReputationRep:
    Honestly, I think you have followed up a little too quickly. She's studying, and talking everyday about the meeting up, whats her schedule looking like etc, is probably grating. Everyone acts differently during exam season, so don't take it to heart. Don't message her for a while.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 18, 2016
Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.