Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    basically im having a mental breakdown,

last year i got a D overall in psychology a middle C and a E. I resitted the E however on my resit everything was calm then on the 12marker i wrote about daycare instead of institutional care!! AND I KNEW SO MUCH FOR INSTITUTIONAL CARE!! whats the chances of me getting a B which is what i need to uni

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BigDaddyDick6)

last year i got a D overall in psychology a middle C and a E. I resitted the E however on my resit everything was calm then on the 12marker i wrote about daycare instead of institutional care!! AND I KNEW SO MUCH FOR INSTITUTIONAL CARE!! whats the chances of me getting a B which is what i need to uni
    Assuming the paper is out of 72, you would still have access to 60 marks. Which means you can get away with losing an extra 9 marks maximum (depending on the grade boundaries). Are you doing A2 as well?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RedRosesBloom)
    Assuming the paper is out of 72, you would still have access to 60 marks. Which means you can get away with losing an extra 9 marks maximum (depending on the grade boundaries). Are you doing A2 as well?

(Original post by BigDaddyDick6)

Was just about to say this. Last years grades boundaries were 58/72 for an A and that was a very nice paper hence why it was so high whereas the 2013 paper had a grade boundary of 50/72 (?) I think, and apparently that was a difficult paper.
    So just remember, although exam boards set these difficult exams, they are all relative and proportionate.

I also got an E on last years paper (Have no idea how saying as I was a B/C student all year) and found it difficult too. I wrote about Hodges and Tizzard for the last one but that was the only key research I could think of, so I also don't think I have got full marks on this as I didn't know the full details on the process of that study.

ReputationRep:
    I also need a B for university and I think I worked out if I got an A in my resit of unit 1, original C in unit 2 and two B's at A2 came overall to a B.

http://umstools.sourceforge.net/demo...tor&target=gce

Try this website

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.