Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys! Exams have just started and I find them going pretty well and I have studied a lot for this day but now I'm starting to lose hope and I don't see anything in the future for me as im a C-grade student. Should I even try anymore? I'm doing the foundation paper for everything so I can't even get a B for anything. I'm starting to think of whats even the point of trying if I'm just going to get C's. Do you think I can have a good future depsite having bad predicted grades? And do you think C's are classified as bad grades,,, all my friends say getting C grades is bad.

ReputationRep:
    No of course it isn't bad, C is still a pass. Believe in yourself, the worst thing you can do is go into an exam telling yourself you will fail. You've worked hard, you've revised, you're put in your best effort and at the end of the day only you know how hard you tried. You are not defined by a number or a letter on a piece of paper, C's get you into college and that's all that really matters at GCSE. Good luck, I know you can do this.

ReputationRep:
    C is an pass, having an C in every GCSE isnt a bad thing, atleast you passed every subject. Aswell you might be able to go to Sixth form depending of the requirements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rm715)
    No of course it isn't bad, C is still a pass. Believe in yourself, the worst thing you can do is go into an exam telling yourself you will fail. You've worked hard, you've revised, you're put in your best effort and at the end of the day only you know how hard you tried. You are not defined by a number or a letter on a piece of paper, C's get you into college and that's all that really matters at GCSE. Good luck, I know you can do this.
    Thankyou this made me feel better 😊 I will try!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zacl)
    C is an pass, having an C in every GCSE isnt a bad thing, atleast you passed every subject. Aswell you might be able to go to Sixth form depending of the requirements
    Thanks! I would prefer to go to 6th form instead of college. However, I believe you need at least a B-grade to do A-levels which I can't do sadly.

ReputationRep:
    You're grades don't define who you are as a person at all, if you work hard and believe you can achieve you might and will exceed your potential! I was terrible at maths and i just stuck to it and worked at it now im not too bad at it, just remember that anything you wanna do in life might require qualifications but it shouldn't stop you from trying your hardest to achieve what you want to do, there are so many people who haven't even done gcses or failed them all and are in a better position than those who did incredible! As long as you believe that you can achieve something you will be able to do so

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chrlhyms)
    You're grades don't define who you are as a person at all, if you work hard and believe you can achieve you might and will exceed your potential! I was terrible at maths and i just stuck to it and worked at it now im not too bad at it, just remember that anything you wanna do in life might require qualifications but it shouldn't stop you from trying your hardest to achieve what you want to do, there are so many people who haven't even done gcses or failed them all and are in a better position than those who did incredible! As long as you believe that you can achieve something you will be able to do so
    Thankyou so much, this has really motivated and inspired me. Everyone's so nice here .

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.