?
Report 2 years ago
wtf does lower the mark scheme mean?
sunshine774
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Don't you mean lower the GRADE BOUNDARIES?
aidanjt
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by sunshine774)
Don't you mean lower the GRADE BOUNDARIES?
Yeah, because otherwise all they'll do is move the mark scheme closer to the floor. Then someone will trip on it and end up in A&E with all the pissed 15 year olds.
sunshine774
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by aidanjt)
Yeah, because otherwise all they'll do is move the mark scheme closer to the floor.
Yeah you're right. How did you find the paper? I am so scared I have thrown my Biology GCSE away...
bulgylau
Badges: 21
Report 2 years ago
Instead of wasting your time on something pointless, I suggest that you revise for the other units.
alldayniqqa
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Shut up idiot
aidanjt
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by sunshine774)
Yeah you're right. How did you find the paper? I am so scared I have thrown my Biology GCSE away...
It was OK. I have a feeling that I'll have done better than it felt. I wasn't really concentrating in the exam- just hoping that I'd be able to do the next page. Still, I'm sure once we've all dissected B2 and B3 and got it trending on Twitter again, a mark here or there on B1 will be the least of our worries!
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
"Instead it was application based".

Just wait until A Level Biology :c
kirigiri
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
this would probably be more of a persuasive petition if the op could use spaces after punctuation.
PTS_99
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Assuming you mean grade boundaries rather than the marking scheme (try that if you want though by all means), I bring to you what I just wrote in another thread for the same thing. YOU can't change grade boundaries, your mark in the exam can though, and does every year.
I've been dealing with this on the Scottish qualifications section of the forum, where these petitions are for some reason becoming commonplace, and I'm going to tell you what I told all of them (or tried to).
Petitions do not change grade boundaries. Exam grade boundaries are rarely ever the same year on year, and are almost never at the "standard" marks (50% pass/C, 60-70% B, 70+% A). Grade boundaries are decided after the exams are marked, and combined with coursework if applicable, and feedback is gained from markers.
People seemed to noticed the petition about the CfE Higher Maths exam last year, and then noticed the pass mark of 35% that was eventually decided for it (it was quite a high profile thing, in Scotland anyway). They think that it was the petition that forced the SQA to lower the pass mark, rather than the reality that the examining body (AQA for yous?) does it of its own accord every year.
graceelle
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
cant believe this exists lmao when in the biology paper u guys had a question for healthy diet as a 6 marker...lol
Georgiabennett
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Worst worded exam ever so much science revised and didn't even need half of it. Who would come up with an exam like this when they have gone through stress like this themselves. Hopefully the chemistry and physics core will be a lot easier. Well it better be otherwise I'm never going to get a grade #gcse #b1 #aqa
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bath
    Undergraduate Virtual Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Feb '19
  • Ravensbourne University London
    School of Design, School of Media Further education
    Sat, 23 Feb '19
  • Leeds Trinity University
    PGCE Open Day Further education
    Sat, 23 Feb '19

Is the plastic tax enough to protect the environment?

Yes (14)
5.96%
No (221)
94.04%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise