Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    https://www.change.org/p/aqa-lower-t...edium=copyLink

ReputationRep:
    :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

ReputationRep:
    wtf does lower the mark scheme mean?

ReputationRep:
    Don't you mean lower the GRADE BOUNDARIES?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sunshine774)
    Don't you mean lower the GRADE BOUNDARIES?
    Yeah, because otherwise all they'll do is move the mark scheme closer to the floor. Then someone will trip on it and end up in A&E with all the pissed 15 year olds.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aidanjt)
    Yeah, because otherwise all they'll do is move the mark scheme closer to the floor.
    Yeah you're right. How did you find the paper? I am so scared I have thrown my Biology GCSE away...

Instead of wasting your time on something pointless, I suggest that you revise for the other units.

ReputationRep:
    Shut up idiot

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sunshine774)
    Yeah you're right. How did you find the paper? I am so scared I have thrown my Biology GCSE away...
    It was OK. I have a feeling that I'll have done better than it felt. I wasn't really concentrating in the exam- just hoping that I'd be able to do the next page. Still, I'm sure once we've all dissected B2 and B3 and got it trending on Twitter again, a mark here or there on B1 will be the least of our worries!

ReputationRep:
    "Instead it was application based".

Just wait until A Level Biology :c

ReputationRep:
    this would probably be more of a persuasive petition if the op could use spaces after punctuation.

ReputationRep:
    Assuming you mean grade boundaries rather than the marking scheme (try that if you want though by all means), I bring to you what I just wrote in another thread for the same thing. YOU can't change grade boundaries, your mark in the exam can though, and does every year.
    I've been dealing with this on the Scottish qualifications section of the forum, where these petitions are for some reason becoming commonplace, and I'm going to tell you what I told all of them (or tried to).
    Petitions do not change grade boundaries. Exam grade boundaries are rarely ever the same year on year, and are almost never at the "standard" marks (50% pass/C, 60-70% B, 70+% A). Grade boundaries are decided after the exams are marked, and combined with coursework if applicable, and feedback is gained from markers.
    People seemed to noticed the petition about the CfE Higher Maths exam last year, and then noticed the pass mark of 35% that was eventually decided for it (it was quite a high profile thing, in Scotland anyway). They think that it was the petition that forced the SQA to lower the pass mark, rather than the reality that the examining body (AQA for yous?) does it of its own accord every year.

ReputationRep:
    cant believe this exists lmao when in the biology paper u guys had a question for healthy diet as a 6 marker...lol

ReputationRep:
    Worst worded exam ever so much science revised and didn't even need half of it. Who would come up with an exam like this when they have gone through stress like this themselves. Hopefully the chemistry and physics core will be a lot easier. Well it better be otherwise I'm never going to get a grade #gcse #b1 #aqa

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.