https://917c8db4f385e20466384eff57d8...%20Edexcel.pdf

How do you do question 6d? June 2013 R paper

ReputationRep:
    You do 50 times a2 plus 50 times 1 the answer should be 25

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jenqo)

Wait I don't think you can do the above way because the sequence doesn't have a common difference as such, or rather it just switches between two values.

You should know from parts a b c that U1 = 1, U2 = 1-K (you'll have a number but I couldn't be bothered working it out) and U3 = 1. We have already seen that if you put 1 into the recurrence relation formula you get out 1-K so U4 must be 1-K and this in turn means U5 = 1... This means that all the 50 even terms are 1 and the 50 odd terms are all 1-K. Therefore to find the total you'd add 50 + 50(1-K)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Btw was K 3/2? Didn't work it out I just think I remember it being that... Also I think I remember the answer being 25?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jenqo)

Here you go
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by #sarahsmith2)
    Wait I don't think you can do the above way because the sequence doesn't have a common difference as such, or rather it just switches between two values.

You should know from parts a b c that U1 = 1, U2 = 1-K (you'll have a number but I couldn't be bothered working it out) and U3 = 1. We have already seen that if you put 1 into the recurrence relation formula you get out 1-K so U4 must be 1-K and this in turn means U5 = 1... This means that all the 50 even terms are 1 and the 50 odd terms are all 1-K. Therefore to find the total you'd add 50 + 50(1-K)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Btw was K 3/2? Didn't work it out I just think I remember it being that... Also I think I remember the answer being 25?
    Thank you very much

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JohnJ100)
    Here you go
    Bless you, I really appreciate it

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.