The Student Room Group

OCR MEI C1 18th May 2016

Discussion for revision, and post-exam

Scroll to see replies

Anyone got any last minute revision tips? Things to cover?
Original post by TobyReichelt

Do as many past papers as possible: http://hleavey.site/C1PastPapers
Original post by harryleavey
Do as many past papers as possible: http://hleavey.site/C1PastPapers

According to the Grade Boundaries, the most difficult C1 Paper was Jan 2007 as only 50 marks were needed for an A.
What are people predicting to come up in section A and B, thinking graph question in section B
Im getting 60-70's in most past papers just need to refine a few things and ill be ready 😁
Reply 6
Original post by TobyReichelt

Go to bed early!
:biggrin:
My teacher said make sure to go over the discriminant i.e. b^2 -4ac : It's going to come up
Original post by harryleavey
According to the Grade Boundaries, the most difficult C1 Paper was Jan 2007 as only 50 marks were needed for an A.

woah, that's really low
I was going to do the newer papers cus i thought they'd be harder
but i think i'll do the jan '07 one now
thanks
Since last years exam was relatively easy - do you think our exam will be hard?
I've already slept 10 hours so I could revise the morning before the exam. Does any one have any tips for binomial expansion? It's the hardest one for me, but they always do 1 or 2 questions on it every year.
Original post by greys-anatomy
Since last years exam was relatively easy - do you think our exam will be hard?

Maybe the government will suggest the exam boards make it harder this year since they couldn't change the A Level to the new A Levels.
I made a thread about this exam, its much more populated: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4013573
How did everyone's go?
I thought it was a nicer paper than last years? I was expecting a rougher version of the discriminant and algebra questions but they all seemed pretty uneventful? Nothing jumped out imo
Thought last question part about 'k' value was quite tough, couldn't do it
Yeah i agree, i expect the grade boundaries will be hard. The only thing for me personally was the fact that i got some awkward surds so its easy to make mistakes :/... or just be completely wrong :'(
You need to use the discriminant to solve it
absolutely kicking myself. Was relying on getting full marks in this resit to make up for the hell of core 3 and 4. But I missed out the last question not realising I was to use the discriminant which I thought was just for intersection with x axis :frown: I also made a mistake in simplifying my values for the x coordinates for part ii of the last questions, I subbed everything correctly into the quadratic formula but I'll have lost 2 marks due to simplifying wrong hence getting incorrect Y values :frown:. So that's 7 marks I've already lost :frown: uh so mad, definitely harder than last year.
Reply 19
How hard was the MEI C1, please?

Quick Reply

Latest