Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    hi i have almost finished my first year at university and i found out that i got 33 marks in two modules....in a course where you are only allowed to fail one module. im sure i am going to fail, university i have always wanted to do but i cant afford to throw more money at it as my background isn't great as my family don't have money. throughout my first year i have slowly lost interest in my course but im not someone to give up. i have this thing where many subjects interest me so its hard to figure out what i want to do. what does anyone recommend change courses and start again or quite uni and just work??? any help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leedstudent12)
    hi i have almost finished my first year at university and i found out that i got 33 marks in two modules....in a course where you are only allowed to fail one module. im sure i am going to fail, university i have always wanted to do but i cant afford to throw more money at it as my background isn't great as my family don't have money. throughout my first year i have slowly lost interest in my course but im not someone to give up. i have this thing where many subjects interest me so its hard to figure out what i want to do. what does anyone recommend change courses and start again or quite uni and just work??? any help
    If I was in your position I would quit and get a job or an apprenticeship. Doing something of the sake of it will not benefit you, and if you've already p much failed the first year then I can't really see things drastically changing for you in the next 2 years. 1 year of debt is easier to pay off than 3 after all. Also if you earn something like less that £24,000 they don't make you pay it pack until you earn over that (I think - something like that) so you wouldn't have to worry about dealing with uni payments if the job you get initially isn't well salaried.

Good luck and I hope things work themselves out for you <3

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.