Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone, I've been accepted to start The foundation program in September, just wondering if there was anyone else out there starting in Sept or any previous students to give information ie days/hours & workload?
    Thanks😊

ReputationRep:
    This is Derby Uni btw!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shell1312)
    Hi everyone, I've been accepted to start The foundation program in September, just wondering if there was anyone else out there starting in Sept or any previous students to give information ie days/hours & workload?
    Thanks😊
    Hi,

I did the Foundation Programme 2015/2016. You can choose your own timetable that fits your life circumstances. I worked throughout the course and thank God I passed all my subjects but I must say that 3 different subjects are too much especially, when you are not into it and has to force yourself in order to pass the whole course. If you will have Maths that is super easy, you will have 2 Assignments and 2 In-class tests. English I had in total 7 Assignments. Sociology, what shall I say, I still don't know what went into me to choose it. Law I had 4 assignments. Study Skills was is also easy I think it was just only 5 Assignments and IT was in total 3 Assignments. It all depends on you. You really need to be focus. Otherwise you submit assignments late and they will be capped 40% and that hurts, especially when it was graded with an A.
    The good think is you do not need to study a Joint Honour, so if you want to go for a single degree go ahead. In September I am going to study Law.

Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    Hi my names Jessica!

I have been accepted for September too! I went to time tabling and I'm in 3 days tues/wed/thurs 10-3pm ... What subjects are you studying? I have chosen law psychology, sociology and history along with study skills!

Messag me and let me know I don't know anybody

ReputationRep:
    Hi, my names Anna

I'm starting in September too! Im doing Psychology, Law and Biology.

I haven't timetabled yet so have no idea what to expect. What are you studying?

ReputationRep:
    Hi Anna,

I've had to choose 5 subjects Plus one study skills so I have choose, sociology, law, psychology, pihilosphy and history.

I'm starting the induction on the 7th X

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jessicasmyth92)
    Hi Anna,

I've had to choose 5 subjects Plus one study skills so I have choose, sociology, law, psychology, pihilosphy and history.

I'm starting the induction on the 7th X

Ohh I didn't realise there was anything on the 7th? did you find that out when you timetabled?

I didn't think there was anything until the 9th?

I move in on the 6th and timetable then too so don't really know anything about anything yet

ReputationRep:
    I'm in mon tue wed and doing law phycholgy and sociology are you going in on 8th and 9th in currently on crutches so worried

ReputationRep:
    I thought it was the 8th and 9th I'm doing law sociology and psychology

ReputationRep:
    hi. im going to apply to the foundation joint honors. im pretty worried about the assessments ive got to do tho to get on. what are they like are they hard?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kirk123)
    hi. im going to apply to the foundation joint honors. im pretty worried about the assessments ive got to do tho to get on. what are they like are they hard?

They're not that hard, but it depends how you are with assignments I guess. There aren't that many either. I'm sure you'll be fine

ReputationRep:
    Thankyou. But I meant the assessments at the information event. The ones you have to take before they can let you on the course. Im pretty worried about them in case I don't pass them.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone got there timetable for this year?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.