TheNerdxP
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hey! was just wondering if anyone knows what's involved in A-Level Philosophy? I'm tempted to take it because I'm a very deep thinker but is it criticised that you actually just learn other Philosopher's ideas?
halliethestudent
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Philosophy of Religion. The New Testament element will provide an introduction to New Testament literature and develop awareness of some key events, beliefs and significant human experiences that are reflected in it, such as miracles and ideas concerning the end of the world. Philosophy of Religion complements it by providing the opportunity for study of fundamental philosophical themes, including human experiences of evil and suffering and life after death. It provides an opportunity to engage with some of the most challenging questions of human existence such as, ‘What is the purpose of our lives?’ and ‘Why are we here?’ It will help you to acquire the ability to think logically, to analyse issues and to express ideas clearly. Theology and Philosophy aims to promote an enquiring, critical, yet sympathetic study of some of the major beliefs and issues affecting our world today. This subject provides you with the training and skills to think independently, rationally and question what others might take for granted.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (422)
67.41%
No (204)
32.59%

Watched Threads