The Student Room Group

Accn2 2016

Anyone have any tips for the Accounting AS Unit 2 exam on Friday 20th May 2016? ACCN1 today was ever so hard and the questions were quite different to the past papers of the previous few years....
Reply 1
SO glad someone else thought the questions were massively different to previous years! I've done loads of past papers in preparation for Unit 1, got into the exam today and felt like I was sitting a completely different exam board! Really disappointing!
Reply 2
Don't use past papers to much, use the big text book

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Listen to df he is going to get 100UMS :colone:
Reply 4
Posted from TSR Mobile
What was different about it?
There was like 4 control accounts, a lil income statement and bank recon, what's so different about that?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by df2397
Don't use past papers to much, use the big text book

Posted from TSR Mobile

eeek i dont even have a big text book
Reply 6
Original post by df2397
Posted from TSR Mobile
What was different about it?
There was like 4 control accounts, a lil income statement and bank recon, what's so different about that?

4 control accounts has never come up in a past paper before. They could at least have warned us before hand that theyre changing the exam format. Did 6 past papers before the exam under timed conditions and got 5 A's and a B and that exam was terrible!
Reply 7
4 control accounts have never come up before in one exam? That's probably true, but if you can do one you can do the rest 😂
Reply 8
When ur resitting and completely forget bank reconicilations exist so u wing it. Oh well, luckily I got an A last year :angry:
Hi guys how did you find the paper for ACCN2 ?

here are the answers that i got : 1a) closing balance - 5770, 1b) revised profit (600), 2a) profit for the year - (496600), 2b) 215.88%, 2c) talk about profitability and liquidity, 3a) 455 decrease in doubtful debts, 18450 dep transfer to income statment, 3b) 28600, 3c) 1800, 3d) trade receivables - 81375, inventory - 38400, bank - 24456, 4a) 5 times, 4b) 19924, 4c) just in time and reducing prices.

compare answers !!!
Reply 10
Original post by _Randomguy123
Hi guys how did you find the paper for ACCN2 ?

here are the answers that i got : 1a) closing balance - 5770, 1b) revised profit (600), 2a) profit for the year - (496600), 2b) 215.88%, 2c) talk about profitability and liquidity, 3a) 455 decrease in doubtful debts, 18450 dep transfer to income statment, 3b) 28600, 3c) 1800, 3d) trade receivables - 81375, inventory - 38400, bank - 24456, 4a) 5 times, 4b) 19924, 4c) just in time and reducing prices.

compare answers !!!

I got 455, 1800, 5770, 5 times, my revised profit was a postive figure and my gearing was 66% and I talked about computer software and keeping COS down whilst maintaing the selling price
Reply 11
Original post by df2397
I got 455, 1800, 5770, 5 times, my revised profit was a postive figure and my gearing was 66% and I talked about computer software and keeping COS down whilst maintaing the selling price

I didnt have time for most of question 2 and i forgot my gearing ratio formula. So i basically winged it. Will i be allowed to resit just one unit next summer do you think?
Original post by Sstar123
I didnt have time for most of question 2 and i forgot my gearing ratio formula. So i basically winged it. Will i be allowed to resit just one unit next summer do you think?

Should be able to but at my sixth form if you fail (u) you have to retake the whole year or if you get a low grade you can retake while doing a2 units.
Reply 13
Original post by nlChandler
Should be able to but at my sixth form if you fail (u) you have to retake the whole year or if you get a low grade you can retake while doing a2 units.

Well i personally think my marks will either add up to a B or a high C, but lets hope for the best lmao
Reply 14
Posted from TSR Mobile
Q2 was alright, my equity table; the rows total and the column total added up to the same figure 😀

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending