Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I accidentally done a higher tier instead of foundation tier. Watch

ReputationRep:
    I done my edexcel biology exam today. When I saw my exam paper it says foundation tier. I thought I was meant to do a higher tier so i told one of the examiners that I had the wrong sheets. So she gave me a higher tier exam paper. When I got home I realised that I was meant to do foundation -_-. Am I in trouble?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rmnz)
    I done my edexcel biology exam today. When I saw my exam paper it says foundation tier. I thought I was meant to do a higher tier so i told one of the examiners that I had the wrong sheets. So she gave me a higher tier exam paper. When I got home I realised that I was meant to do foundation -_-. Am I in trouble?

The question is, do you think you did well on the higher? If so, I'd assume you're better off.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rmnz)
    Well... depends how well did you do in it?

ReputationRep:
    Yh definitely aced it. Thanks I was getting worried.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    im not sure how that will register on the system. one person i know wanted to change foundation to higher and they did all sorts of paper work and computer changing and you had to pay.

ReputationRep:
    I did foundation instead of higher accidentally, what can I do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Friendly Fatty)
    The question is, do you think you did well on the higher? If so, I'd assume you're better off.
    I'm pretty sure I aced it so... I was getting worried thanks

(Original post by tammio)
    I did foundation instead of higher accidentally, what can I do?
    Nothing. , hope youve got a C in the paper:/

ReputationRep:
    I dont think they'll register it because of all the names and numbers on the system. I mean your candidate number is probably registered for foundation. Ask your teacher tomorrow just to be safe

ReputationRep:
    I once came out of an exam accidentally did the Alevel paper instead of the GCSE one. Its calm thought I got an A* and towards the end told the Examiner they told me its fine I gave it to them they sent it off and I managed to complete my GCSE this year got 100 percent. Its all good mate. I also go to both Cambridge and Oxford YK I'm your typical TSR Member.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ihatePE)
    im not sure how that will register on the system. one person i know wanted to change foundation to higher and they did all sorts of paper work and computer changing and you had to pay.
    They won't disqualify me or something right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NoahMal)
    I once came out of an exam accidentally did the Alevel paper instead of the GCSE one. Its calm thought I got an A* and towards the end told the Examiner they told me its fine I gave it to them they sent it off and I managed to complete my GCSE this year got 100 percent. Its all good mate. I also go to both Cambridge and Oxford YK I'm your typical TSR Member.
    Is this true?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NoahMal)
    That is so cool if is true. (Not saying you're lying).

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by callumterty)
    I dont think they'll register it because of all the names and numbers on the system. I mean your candidate number is probably registered for foundation. Ask your teacher tomorrow just to be safe
    Ok thanks

ReputationRep:
    This happened to a girl in my class today and my teacher said it should be fine but you may have to pay a minor fee as your name and candidate number was not entered for higher or something like that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hnadwa)
    This happened to a girl in my class today and my teacher said it should be fine but you may have to pay a minor fee as your name and candidate number was not entered for higher or something like that.
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rmnz)
    They won't disqualify me or something right?
    Probably not; I'm sure you'll be fine. If anything make your teacher contact the exam board so they can change your registration; hopefully you did well in the exam!

ReputationRep:
    Probably not; I'm sure you'll be fine. If anything make your teacher contact the exam board so they can change your registration; hopefully you did well in the exam!
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Ok thanks

ReputationRep:
    If you think you've struggled considerably, I'm sure they'll put you under special consideration!!!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.