Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=F. Poste]It's not selfish to want a guy who's not a ****** who only thinks about himself
    QUOTE]

true, but i had a girlfriend who would go mental if i didn't say 'love you xxx' in every single text or after after every single conversation on the phone

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by F. Poste)

It's a good job I didn't list "confidence"! Don't put yourself down!!

lol yeah but thats coz its number 6..

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=John Paul Jones]
    It's not selfish to want a guy who's not a ****** who only thinks about himself
    QUOTE]

true, but i had a girlfriend who would go mental if i didn't say 'love you xxx' in every single text or after after every single conversation on the phone
    I would go mental as well It's a good job he does

to start off a relationship, it is the physical appearance, to keep it going, it is the personality

anyone agree/disagree?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by musicboy)
    It's a lie - this person doen't exist.

MB
    Not true! That's because a lot of them are subjective- like what I find "interesting" in a person and what it is that makes me physically attracted to someone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DazYaZZZ)
    to start off a relationship, it is the physical appearance, to keep it going, it is the personality

anyone agree/disagree?
    For me the personality starts it as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adhsur)
    I would go mental as well It's a good job he does

haha really? it must be the insecurity! if i never said i loved her every time i spoke to her, she'd just go all moody and weird !

ReputationRep:
    Not true! That's because a lot of them are subjective- like what I find "interesting" in a person and what it is that makes me physically attracted to someone.

Sorry, it was just me being bitter about being eternally single.

MB

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=John Paul Jones]
    It's not selfish to want a guy who's not a ****** who only thinks about himself
    QUOTE]

Yeah, but I'm nothing like that, and saying that I'd like my boyfriends to be considerate of me doesn't constitute that- what i mean is that i don't want a tosspot who is cruel and completely selfish! not too much to ask for!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by John Paul Jones)
    haha really? it must be the insecurity! if i never said i loved her every time i spoke to her, she'd just go all moody and weird !
    Actually, I don't think I would. It's just because it hasn't happened before. If you are used to someone saying it all the time, and they don't one day you think something is wrong.

However, if you have never had someone say it then it doenst matter one bit.

Well, it's got to the point for me where it doesn't really matter much what someone says but rather what they do. And I've had someone do a lot for me in four years

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, but I'm nothing like that, and saying that I'd like my boyfriends to be considerate of me doesn't constitute that- what i mean is that i don't want a tosspot who is cruel and completely selfish! not too much to ask for!
    "boyfriendS"?? Maybe you ARE selfish!!!

ReputationRep:
    I'd find it really cool if a guy wasn't afraid to cry at a film or something and didn't attempt to look "manly"...
    I think it's cute when they're touched but try to hide it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DazYaZZZ)

anyone agree/disagree?
    Agree to an extent. If you're out clubbing or something then looks first. If it's at college or place of work etc personality comes into the equation. I think physical attraction is what gets the ball rolling so to speak.

Adhsur even though I've thought very carefully about this I couldn't 'see' a girl if I wasn't physically attracted to her even if she had the best personality in terms of what I like in a girl. Is that wrong?

ReputationRep:
    lol thats what i was thinking!

ReputationRep:
    lol! Only one at a time, of course..

(Original post by Furtive)
    Agree to an extent. If you're out clubbing or something then looks first. If it's at college or place of work etc personality comes into the equation. I think physical attraction is what gets the ball rolling so to speak.

Adhsur even though I've thought very carefully about this I couldn't 'see' a girl if I wasn't physically attracted to her even if she had the best personality in terms of what I like in a girl. Is that wrong?

yep, its all the chemistry in the head....... that's all it is, everyone in this world will find their partner which is the sweet thing ( well the majority of people anyway )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Furtive)
    To be honest I think beauty in girls seems to be more desirable for men than beauty in guys is desirable for women...

I think that's because according to me there are loads of good-looking guys but very few who are really good people...so that bit stands out.

Of course that doesn't mean that I'd go out with someone who had an obesity problem, but I think if there are subtle things that make the person unattractive, those things become insignificant when you fall in love with who they are.

It's not wrong if you think that way, you're just a different person with different wants and you'll achieve a balance one day.

ReputationRep:
    lol! Only one at a time, of course..
    :eek: I sure hope so!!! After that pic for fly by, I don't know WHAT to think

ReputationRep:
    I think it's cute when they're touched but try to hide it
    Yeah and I'm sure it's also cute when they break up with you and show no emotion because "they are hiding it" :rolleyes:

I think that's because according to me there are loads of good-looking guys but very few who are really good people...so that bit stands out.

ummmmm i disagree to that but only to an extent

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.