Turn on thread page Beta

girl likes sensitive guys watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adhsur)
    To be honest I think beauty in girls seems to be more desirable for men than beauty in guys is desirable for women...

I think that's because according to me there are loads of good-looking guys but very few who are really good people...so that bit stands out.

Of course that doesn't mean that I'd go out with someone who had an obesity problem, but I think if there are subtle things that make the person unattractive, those things become insignificant when you fall in love with who they are.

It's not wrong if you think that way, you're just a different person with different wants and you'll achieve a balance one day.
    i have an obesity problem...

*cries*

ReputationRep:
    To be honest I think beauty in girls seems to be more desirable for men than beauty in guys is desirable for women...

I think that's because according to me there are loads of good-looking guys but very few who are really good people...so that bit stands out.

Of course that doesn't mean that I'd go out with someone who had an obesity problem, but I think if there are subtle things that make the person unattractive, those things become insignificant when you fall in love with who they are.

It's not wrong if you think that way, you're just a different person with different wants and you'll achieve a balance one day.
    There's black and white to this situation, there's plenty of good-looking girls but very few cut the grain for me personality wise. The really pretty girls tend to be extremely high maintenance and have very shallow personalities. Don't get me wrong though, for a guy I find personality very very important (more than most I've been told) but this thread was about what comes first. I'm inclined to say looks in the majority of cases.

ReputationRep:
    The answers are here:-

http://www.intellectualwhores.com/masterladder.html

All you ever needed to know. i.e. be a prick... cos for some reason girls like that :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fly By)

*cries*
    :eek:

I think in something like this it's also about what you can control and what you can't.

A good personality is down to the original, but good looks is simply what you are given at birth. I'd rather take what someone has done for himself than what he has been given.

As for obesity, that's something you can control at least to some extent.

ReputationRep:

*cries*
    Then get to the gym! (in the nicest way possible)

If you're comfortable with how you are, then that's great. There's many obese people who aren't and there's small steps you can take that will make a lot of difference over time. I have a friend that used to be a 36" waist in year 11, he's now 30". All due to a little bit of exercise each night and watching what he eats.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Furtive)
    There's black and white to this situation, there's plenty of good-looking girls but very few cut the grain for me personality wise. The really pretty girls tend to be extremely high maintenance and have very shallow personalities. Don't get me wrong though, for a guy I find personality very very important (more than most I've been told) but this thread was about what comes first. I'm inclined to say looks in the majority of cases.
    Hehehe,

Well just hope yuo find a girl that has both and yet has the humility not to think so.

ReputationRep:

If you're comfortable with how you are, then that's great. There's many obese people who aren't and there's small steps you can take that will make a lot of difference over time. I have a friend that used to be a 36" waist in year 11, he's now 30". All due to a little bit of exercise each night and watching what he eats.
    hehe ok!!

i dont have an obesity problem really :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:

Awwwww lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MBR50)
    The answers are here:-

http://www.intellectualwhores.com/masterladder.html

All you ever needed to know. i.e. be a prick... cos for some reason girls like that :rolleyes:
    Lol, I love sites like that because everyone can relate with situations. They're not the norm though contrary to the belief of "treat em mean to keep em keen"? There's plenty of factors that go undiscussed. I wished I was Mel Gibson in that **** film "What Women Want". To know a womans thoughts would definately be something I'd trade my kidneys for.

ReputationRep:
    I wished I was Mel Gibson in that **** film "What Women Want". To know a womans thoughts would definately be something I'd trade my kidneys for.
    Well the first thing you should learn is that all women are different and to a large extent want different things. There won't be anything you do that can please them all.

ReputationRep:
    Lol, I love sites like that because everyone can relate with situations. They're not the norm though contrary to the belief of "treat em mean to keep em keen"? There's plenty of factors that go undiscussed. I wished I was Mel Gibson in that **** film "What Women Want". To know a womans thoughts would definately be something I'd trade my kidneys for.
    lol, that site is very popular on the internet... and I really do think it is completely true

ReputationRep:
    Yeah and I'm sure it's also cute when they break up with you and show no emotion because "they are hiding it" :rolleyes:
    I only meant at films and stuff! See, the tough thing about this is that I'm trying to come up with a medium between wimp/overly caring and tough/unthinking of others. There's no word which articulates the exact level I'm thinking of!

ReputationRep:
    i bet girls like someone who is sensitive yet can also give them a good seeing to

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by F. Poste)
    I only meant at films and stuff! See, the tough thing about this is that I'm trying to come up with a medium between wimp/overly caring and tough/unthinking of others. There's no word which articulates the exact level I'm thinking of!
    i'm here

ReputationRep:
    hehe ok!!

i dont have an obesity problem really :rolleyes:
    Hehehe, don't give me something else to tease you about

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by F. Poste)
    Hehehe, don't give me something else to tease you about
    lol nastyness!! tahts what you are!

you shouldnt tease people with obesity!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by John Paul Jones)
    i bet girls like someone who is sensitive yet can also give them a good seeing to
    LOL! refreshing.

ReputationRep:
    Am I a nerd?
    Maybe. I'm talking about a specific kind of nerd. They're smart and a little awkward socially; still, they shower regularly and have friends and know that girls won't be impressed by an extensive knowledge of cheat codes for the TurboGrafx 16 (God rest its soul). They'd like nothing more than to treat a girlfriend to a birthday dinner in a nice restaurant or go on a romantic walk through the gently falling snow. They're careful about what they say and genuinely respect women. In short, nice guys.

Girls do not date nice guys. By midway through high school or so, they have realized this. They do not understand why, but it is painfully true.
    If you liked the past site, and fit the description above, http://www.newton.cx/~peter/docs/ladder-corr.html

is also quite amuseing.

ReputationRep:
    lol nastyness!! tahts what you are!

you shouldnt tease people with obesity!
    But you said you didn't!!

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.