Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Thread Starter

    Hi guys, girls and otherwise known,

    I'll be applying for uni for 2017 (but even info based on 2016 entry would help). I'm 20 (will be 22 when i start uni), I'm married and my spouse works but earns under 15,000 per year. We live together in London (my parents live in England and I don't live with them)

    I'm hoping and really I need the full maintenance loan of just over £10k, will this be available to me? I know as I am married I am not considered an independent student...any help?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    If you're married prior to the start of the academic year, (which SFE count as September 1st) you're classed as an independent student. Therefore, with a household income below £25k, you're entitled to the full loan.

    Because you're married, you don't need to be 25 to be classed as independent.
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.