Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys

So I have unconditional offers from both the University of Reading and the University of Birmingham in Politics & International Relations, and I have to choose between the two of them as my insurance choice. I'm really torn between both.. any good advice/pros and cons for them?

•  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marie238)
    Hey guys

So I have unconditional offers from both the University of Reading and the University of Birmingham in Politics & International Relations, and I have to choose between the two of them as my insurance choice. I'm really torn between both.. any good advice/pros and cons for them?

Hi,

Congratulations on the unconditional offer! I few things I really like about Reading which might help you decide. We have a beautiful campus, with a lovely lake. Its great for walking around when the weathers nice, and makes a great break from coursework or lecturers. We also have have a great students union, which is in the top ten in the UK. There is lots going on, so student club nights on a Wednesday and Saturday. There is also quiz and karaoke, and comedy nights. We also have 150 sports clubs and societies, in a range of things such as lacrosse, netball, football, drama, dance, quidditch and baking. We are also close to town, but not right in it, so we have the perks of having a town centre, like the shops, train station and clubs and bars, but also the perks of having a campus with numerous bars, a shop and a bank on.

Hope this helps and feel free to ask me any other questions.

Emma
    2nd Year Human and Physical Geography

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, could you give me an advice/help?
    I am an international student, coming to UK for a masters in Project Management (Construction).Which University is better? Reading University, Brookes or UCL? Apart to UCL that I am still waiting for a response, the other 2 gave me an offer.
    Each ranking says different things, I want to have a personal opinion from you.
    Thanks

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.