Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Reading? Books? People are talking about things I don't understand, that's what I love about Maths, no textbooks to buy, no reading list, just the two example sheets a week, only about 3-5 hours each, 12 hours of lectures and 2 hours of supervisions (1 for each example sheet). On the downside, we do have Saturday lectures though!

ReputationRep:
    I will be spending the evening redoing my 10k which I had to stop for about 4 minutes half way through and hence feel really bad about not finishing. There's a reason (heavy weights session I did yesterday rather than thursday evening) but it's still not good to fail to push through it.

ReputationRep:
    It's probably better to stop and do it again properly, rather than finish, do bad and risk an injury, especially with Fairbairn's coming up

ReputationRep:
    Reading? i read maybe a couple of chapters of a book every two weeks for my history supervision, but i never need to read for studio, which is what takes up most of my time. i have to draw and make models instead of writing essays! i complain about it sometimes, cos its a lot of work, but at least its not sitting at my computer all day writing essays!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scarlet ibis)
    Reading? i read maybe a couple of chapters of a book every two weeks for my history supervision, but i never need to read for studio, which is what takes up most of my time. i have to draw and make models instead of writing essays! i complain about it sometimes, cos its a lot of work, but at least its not sitting at my computer all day writing essays!
    Dude(tte) I don't use my computer to write essays and yet I still spend my day in front of it. You know, there is more to computer than being a highly suffisticated typewriter... for a start, typewritters can't play computer games...

ReputationRep:
    Can some wonderful English person who knows their geography tell me if Liverpool is near Lacashire.

I'll give rep to whoever tells me first

ReputationRep:
    It is!!!

--------------

Liverpool's about an hour (and a half?) away from me. I'm in Lancashire.

ReputationRep:
    Darn I can't rep you lol, but i will when i can again! :hugs:

--------------

Oh and thanks!!!

ReputationRep:
    The phrase "who knows their geography" amused me... I did happen, at one point in time (within the last... 3 years...), to think that Liverpool was north of me. Which was kind of a stupid thing to think. But whatever. I now know better :proud: :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Well, I asked because i was writing notes on British economic history...and since i intend to learn what i am writing for my exam, i thought that little addition was important :p:

ReputationRep:
    Well, no, I don't know my geography. I'm really, really clueless about where places are, which is probably why I won't use a train by myself... it takes a certain amount of knowledge regarding where the hell you are and where the hell you're going. :rolleyes:

I do, however, know where Liverpool is. Mostly.

OK, it's a bit to the south of here. There is a pretty cathedral there. I've been on a short boat trip on the Mersey (sp. ) and I went to the Beatles museum during a sewage leak. We thought it was some special effect smell to make the underground bits realistic... until the smell spread to other sections... and then they were mopping up mess that had overflowed from the drains. Mmmm. Fun times.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by minimo)
    Can some wonderful English person who knows their geography tell me if Liverpool is near Lacashire.

I'll give rep to whoever tells me first
    No it's not Jeanne, there miles apart trust me, I live close enough to both to know, they're miles apart, and any confusion between the two will cause serious insult, if not violence, southerners may tell you they're close, but believe me they're not! (I live close enough to both to know!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by apd35)
    No it's not Jeanne, there miles apart trust me, I live close enough to both to know, they're miles apart, and any confusion between the two will cause serious insult, if not violence, southerners may tell you they're close, but believe me they're not! (I live close enough to both to know!)
    Erm... so do I? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by apd35)
    would it be close enough in term of coal fields and iron? My theory can't go wrong!
    Seems like I will have to visit the library then...

--------------

On another note, Andy you are sorely addicted to TSR...60 posts in 3 (ish) days!

ReputationRep:
    I am addicted!!! If you're talking late 18th to early 20th economics maybe, if later than that, then probably not, as I said, PM me with specifics and I'll try to help.

ReputationRep:
    Awww, thankees, but I *should* really use the library more (and get off here)

ReputationRep:
    I am also led to believe that Liverpool was even within Lancashire before Merseyside ever existed. How long ago that was, I don't know.

ReputationRep:
    At least 100 years ago I'd say, there's a BIG Manchester-Liverpool split nowadays, and where I live, we're bang between the two! Minimo was on about 19th century coal trade thouh, where Albert Docks in Liverpool was the only major Northern port.

ReputationRep:
    Andy, you'd know this as it's mathmo gossip but a mate told me yesterday that paul Jeffreys had already done a BA Economics degree on the side/before he came to Trinity/whilst he was doing his A Levels...is this true? *am extra-ordinarily curious and slightly mollified at the fact that someone managed to do my degree for fun on the side* :p:

ReputationRep:
    Oh ****. This is going to hurt in the morning.

A.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.