The Student Room Group
Of all the work and reading I have to do, I have done...

Precisely 0%. Which is why I am going back up on the 7th/8th January.

And I havn't been dossing- I've been working 39 hours a week plus at a full time job. If I hadn't, then I wouldn't be able to go back at easter. That's the fianncial stuation, which i greatly dislike!

Will anyone be around at that point, or will I be stuck a sad loner on my own for a week until people come back?

Chappy Hristmas!
Reply 20301
FadeToBlackout

Precisely 0%.

Pfft, until final year dissertation I never did any work in holidays, except for a touch of 'revision' in my first christmas. Ick far too awfully keen. It's just not really necessary.

FadeToBlackout

And I havn't been dossing- I've been working 39 hours a week plus at a full time job. If I hadn't, then I wouldn't be able to go back at easter. That's the fianncial stuation, which i greatly dislike!

Will anyone be around at that point, or will I be stuck a sad loner on my own for a week until people come back?

Chappy Hristmas!

Hmm, working 45+ hours a week does suck doesn't it. If I didn't I'd be sleeping on the streets and be hungry every day :frown:!

There'll be people around, especially in the Colony.

Happy Christmas everybody! I'm off work until the 3rd! WOO! :smile:

A.
Reply 20302
I have officially trained on christmas day: I'm far too boatie! Although it was nice to see central london when it was a little quieter than normal (still suprisingly busy). Merry christmas all!
Reply 20303
erk- what sort of training did you have to do? btw, one of your coxes put photos of herself and CULRC on facebook- loving your all-in-ones :p: ....
Reply 20304
FadeToBlackout

I'm back on 2nd Jan and back at work on 3rd. There are usually quite a few students around - let me know if you're really at a loose end.
Ticki
I'm back on 2nd Jan and back at work on 3rd. There are usually quite a few students around - let me know if you're really at a loose end.

or if you need condoms :wink:

MB
Reply 20306
musicbloke
or if you need condoms :wink:

MB
I would love to see the look on the face of anyone reading this who doesn't know what my job is.
Ticki
I would love to see the look on the face of anyone reading this who doesn't know what my job is.

I'm sure they can guess :wink::wink::wink::P

MB
CUSU's prophylactic representative?
Campaign for (lots of) safe sex?
Chemist?
Reply 20309
i'm sure she wouldn't mind fulfilling the role of job no 2 :p:
Reply 20310
priya
erk- what sort of training did you have to do? btw, one of your coxes put photos of herself and CULRC on facebook- loving your all-in-ones :p: ....

I presume they are the crew photos from after trial viii's? (i.e. are we standing behind two crossed oars?)
Reply 20311
indeed they were :smile:
FadeToBlackout

Precisely 0%. Which is why I am going back up on the 7th/8th January.

Chappy Hristmas!

I am going back to Cambridge on the 1st of January! I have realised that I really can't work at home, so I'm going back a week earlier than I planned. It also means I get to spend two extra days with Tel before he goes back to Taiwan for a week.

So I'll definately be around!
Reply 20313
will- found the best tshirt for you.....
priya
will- found the best tshirt for you.....

I wonder if I can get one with a man beating a boatie.

MB
Go to "Talking T's" in Bridge Street and they'll make one! Seriously. It'll cost a bit, but if you can pick a load of mates to get one too it won't cost so much!

I'm very tempted to get one saying "No, I DON'T want a Big Issue!".
Reply 20316
FadeToBlackout
Go to "Talking T's" in Bridge Street and they'll make one! Seriously. It'll cost a bit, but if you can pick a load of mates to get one too it won't cost so much!

I'm very tempted to get one saying "No, I DON'T want a Big Issue!".

oh my god, I thought about getting a t-shirt with exactly that written on it at the start of term! Great minds eh...
Hell yeah...

I keep getting embarassed at saying no.
I had my hoody banned by college after there were 14 complaints to the senior tutor. They tried to ban me wearing it around cambridge too. I went for a meeting with my tutor about it, and after talking about it for an hour and showing him the ciccu website he couldn't really come up with an argument against it, so I sent him back to tell the warden and the senior tutor that he couldn't see a problem. I was also told that it was bad publicity for the college, but I did tell them that it would be worse publicity to have a pic of me wearing it in TCS or varsity and a headline saying 'Robinson takes away student's human rights' or something like that, than just to let me wear it - chances being that I wouldn't mention that I was from Robinson. So I can currently wear it around Cambridge, but not in college. My favourite comments so far are:

Domestic Bursar: Jacob, as a christian I'm rather offended by that shirt
Me: Yeah, that's fine. It's kind of the point.

J (college ents officer): Oh my god, he's outdone all of our halloween costumes with a hoody

N (CICCU member):That's a really good shirt
N (three days later: I just noticed what it spells down the side. I can't believe you're wearing that.

MB
Reply 20319
musicbloke
I had my hoody banned by college after there were 14 complaints to the senior tutor. They tried to ban me wearing it around cambridge too. I went for a meeting with my tutor about it, and after talking about it for an hour and showing him the ciccu website he couldn't really come up with an argument against it, so I sent him back to tell the warden and the senior tutor that he couldn't see a problem. I was also told that it was bad publicity for the college, but I did tell them that it would be worse publicity to have a pic of me wearing it in TCS or varsity and a headline saying 'Robinson takes away student's human rights' or something like that, than just to let me wear it - chances being that I wouldn't mention that I was from Robinson. So I can currently wear it around Cambridge, but not in college. My favourite comments so far are:

Domestic Bursar: Jacob, as a christian I'm rather offended by that shirt
Me: Yeah, that's fine. It's kind of the point.

J (college ents officer): Oh my god, he's outdone all of our halloween costumes with a hoody

N (CICCU member):That's a really good shirt
N (three days later: I just noticed what it spells down the side. I can't believe you're wearing that.

MB

I'm sorry but I have to agree with the majority of your peers on this one. I too don't agree with what the christian union believes in etc, but any disagreements I have with them need to be clearly debated or explained. What your hoody says to anybody who doesn't know you is that you think the christian union is a bunch of *****, with no obvious justification for such a statement. And with such a bold statement on a hoody I reckon people will be reluctant to try and have a debate with you on the matter, since they will presume that all you can do is collapse your argument into some offensive unjustified dribble. I'm not saying that you should be banned from wearing it, I agree mostly with the concept of freedom of speech, but I think you should be aware that as far as I am concerned, that hoody makes you look like a shallow, unintelligent person who doesn't know how to construct an argument, and probably isn't worth talking to.

I spend a lot of time trying to get around the seemingly self-consistent, unfounded arguments that christianity has, which as far as I am concerned just collapse down to a statement of "I'm right and you're wrong". Your hoody is an expression of exactly that, but said by someone who is on my side of the argument. Hence I personally don't want you wearing it, because I think you drag my side of the debate down to a level which I think the majority of us are above.

But it's your choice whether or not you take on board people's opinions....but then again, your defiance at wearing the hoody despite so many objections suggests you may not be the type of man to do such a thing.

Latest

Trending

Trending