The Student Room Group
Is it wrong that I am just about to go to bed? I spent most of last night working on physiology and waiting for the sun to rise so that I could take a few photos of the snow :o:o:redface:
Screw it, I'm staying awake.
What are the bets that he's fallen asleep on the keyboard?
What was that??? I've just come back from town after doing some shopping and getting some photos developed! I think I'll do some more physiology now...
I feel so quilty when other people work hard and I don't.
You're ****ing joking, right? ^o)
no :frown:
Reply 20327
you know I always thought the most painful thing you can do on an erg was a 2k test....but I was wrong. Today I had what felt like the most painful, most horrible erg session ever. 8x750m with 2:30 rest between each one. The first one you do quite happily, and feel recovered after about 30 seconds. The second one you had to put some effort in to, and take a good 2 minutes to feel recovered. The third and fourth it really started to hurt, the middle 250m started to go soft. The 5th and 6th were just a struggle, after the first 10 strokes I felt like I was in the worst part of a 2k erg test. By the 7th I was mumbling things like "no more, please...I can't take it" and looking like a right idiot trying to keep moving up and down the slide. When I finally finished it took me half an hour before I could think about something other than the pain and how terrible I felt.

It's different to any regular piece, because when you finish a piece, you can fall off the machine and lie there while the rush of euphoria takes you over and you realise how great it is to be finished. But with this session you had to suppress that feeling and try and prepare for the next one. This made everything feel so much more painful, so when I finally did finish I had no rush of euphoria, just a horrid exhausted "wanna die" feeling.

And I have to do it all again on saturday....nooooo!
minimo

god, i'd end up a nervous wreck if i did that. cambridge is so full of keenos there's always going to be someone (in my case rather a lot of people) working harder than you!
Wow! :redface:

This is a massive thread. It's been five months since I was last on and I was sure this one would have died by now!

Hi everybody anyway..

:smile:
visesh
Is it wrong that I am just about to go to bed? I spent most of last night working on physiology and waiting for the sun to rise so that I could take a few photos of the snow :o:o:redface:
and i still haven't gone to bed...:frown:
polthegael
Wow! :redface:

This is a massive thread. It's been five months since I was last on and I was sure this one would have died by now!

Hi everybody anyway..

:smile:

pol!
we've missed your drunken presence!
minimo

Funniest thing I've read all week, coming from you! :eek:
Work. Yeah - I've got exams when I get back from my skiing (actually a few hours after my plane lands...) and I really think I need to do some work on them. Structures particularly I need a kick up my arse on, which is an arse because I can't actually remember going to any structures lectures since about week three this term.
i'm still fecking awake :hmpf:
Adhsur
Funniest thing I've read all week, coming from you! :eek:

I said it in all seriousness :redface: :redface:
and it's nearing 40 hours now:frown:
seriously, visesh, go to bed. hehe.
visesh
and it's nearing 40 hours now:frown:

Noel Gallagher (of Oasis) once decided that if you stayed awake for 100 hours you became "infinite", so he did it. Apparently he nearly died, but I doubt you can die from sleep deprivation: you can't die from insomnia (other than of not being able to properly operate machinery or cars etc.).
According to Solzhenitsyn, sleep deprivation was used by the NKVD to soften up prisoners for interrogation. Once past a week of not sleeping, apparently youkind of enter a catatonic state where you don't need to anymore.

So no-one try and repeat Gallagher's "feat", OK?

Latest

Trending

Trending