Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    aww

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know from where (in Cambridge) I can get good sandwiches (excluding supermarkets & chains)? The covered market in Oxford has some superb sandwich shops which has sandwiches from £1.80-2.20 and incredibly yummy- and going all the way to Oxford just to buy that doesn't sound logical!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fleur-de-lis)
    Does anyone know from where (in Cambridge) I can get good sandwiches (excluding supermarkets & chains)? The covered market in Oxford has some superb sandwich shops which has sandwiches from £1.80-2.20 and incredibly yummy- and going all the way to Oxford just to buy that doesn't sound logical!
    peppercorns on king's parade or rose crescent, and sam smiley's on trumpington street.

MB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fleur-de-lis)
    Trockel, Ulman and Freunde. Between the (road) New Museums entrance and Trumpington street. They used to do a croissant and coffee deal too, spent a small fortune in there getting me through my first year, back in the day.

A.

ReputationRep:
    Their soups kick ass too!

ReputationRep:
    Peppercorn's, Sam Smiley, or Nadia's (various places, but there's definitely one on Silver Street near the bridge.

ReputationRep:
    There is also an Anabelle's somewhere; they send a van to the new museums site and downing site and their sandwiches are ACE.

ReputationRep:
    Though Peppercorn's win. Three more baguettes till I get one free!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks a lot for all the info I hope they are open during off-term as well?

ReputationRep:
    Martins all the way. Opposite the architecture dept and engineering on Trumpington Street. Just before the Lensfield Road roundabout. They do the best sandwiches, the best fried breakfast, the best coffee... they're just brilliant, andd the staff are al lovely.
    (in fact they were voted one of the top 10 greasy spoon cafes in the country!)

ReputationRep:
    nadia's prawn and avocado baguette. rocks oh-so-much.

nadia's on silver street should be open. get a cake while you're in there too. peppercorns on kings parade should definitely be open as well

ReputationRep:
    OK, best head off to do the erg session of pain: 8x750m. Think of me in about an hour's time, when I'll be screaming for it all to stop!

ReputationRep:
    So Will, how did you get on? And more importantly, have you joined Facebook?!

Can anyone think of any current Cambridge students who have done something really worthwhile this year? Varsity are compiling their top 100 and are asking around so speak up if you can think of anyone worthy of a mention. [Priya, I've nominated NE for his charity ergathon!]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ticki)

Can anyone think of any current Cambridge students who have done something really worthwhile this year? Varsity are compiling their top 100 and are asking around so speak up if you can think of anyone worthy of a mention. [Priya, I've nominated NE for his charity ergathon!]
    varsity top 100? Probably selwyn and downing JCRs then,.

MB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ticki)

I'm still alive!!! WOOOOO! It wasn't as bad as the first time I did it, so hopefully that is a sign that my lactate tolerance has increased. It still hurt like hell though.

And no I have not joined facebook, although I am facing increasing pressure every day to join (you are the 5th person this week to ask me - although I guess your inquiry was kind of sparked by my post so that's slightly more forgivable).

and what would you say is "really worthwhile". I don't want it to be full of people who did things for RAG (although I admit it will have a lot of them in there).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willa)
    And no I have not joined facebook, although I am facing increasing pressure every day to join (you are the 5th person this week to ask me - although I guess your inquiry was kind of sparked by my post so that's slightly more forgivable).
    Go on, go on, go on! I don't know who you ARE.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adhsur)
    Go on, go on, go on! I don't know who you ARE.
    Facebook stalker!!

(hehe j/k... go on willa)

A.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alaric)
    Facebook stalker!!

(hehe j/k... go on willa)

A.
    Indeed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adhsur)
    Indeed.
    Hehe, well that just confirms it!

A.

ReputationRep:
    2 hours till the New Year.
    I'll probably be reading some bloody economics texbook when the bells chime 12.
    No-one invited Minimo to a party this year.

Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.