Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by minimo)
    2 hours till the New Year.
    I'll probably be reading some bloody economics texbook when the bells chime 12.
    No-one invited Minimo to a party this year.
    Lol Yeah! - slightly confused though. It's four hours where I am until new year....are you an international student?

ReputationRep:
    I'll probably be packing for my ski trip as I have to go back to Bristol tomorrow! I was going to go out, but I've been out quite a bit this week, and I'm giving it a night off.

Cheers!

ReputationRep:
    lions den - yep.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scarlet ibis)
    Martins all the way. Opposite the architecture dept and engineering on Trumpington Street. Just before the Lensfield Road roundabout. They do the best sandwiches, the best fried breakfast, the best coffee... they're just brilliant, andd the staff are al lovely.
    (in fact they were voted one of the top 10 greasy spoon cafes in the country!)
    Thanks everyone

ReputationRep:
    I'm at home for New Year's Eve too... Hmm, its just an arbitrary date. The shortest day of the year is much more significant!
    Its also my last day at home. I'm going back to Cam tomorrow (hopefully avoiding tube strikes!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ticki)
    So Will, how did you get on? And more importantly, have you joined Facebook?!

Can anyone think of any current Cambridge students who have done something really worthwhile this year? Varsity are compiling their top 100 and are asking around so speak up if you can think of anyone worthy of a mention. [Priya, I've nominated NE for his charity ergathon!]
    yeh that was awesome. some great pictures of that if varsity need them.

i guess the usual- people going to africa to build houses etc, it's pretty amazing but is done by many, i guess.

right, off to new years party. happy 2006 guys!! hope you're all having fun whatever you're up to tonight! xx

ReputationRep:
    *stumbles in*

That was a really good night! i guess in total it's cost me almost as much as a Ball, but hey, it's New Year
    Still buzzing, but my feet and my back are killing me after 7 hours dancing! Couldn't hack an after-party, another 7 hours would kill me.

Hope everyone else enjoyed themselves! Happy New Year!

A.

ReputationRep:
    i staggered in at about 3 i think?? then was on the phone to a friend for a while, still drunk. my head hurts.

weather is sooo nice outside though, might go for a walk to cure hangover or something

ReputationRep:
    I went to bed at about half one.

Sober (well, apart from one can of cider)

Life sucks atm.

ReputationRep:
    i wish i'd gone to bed sober....

fadetoblackout- at least your liver can rest!

ReputationRep:
    My liver kind of gives up the moment it get's any alcohol... so I drink one pint, get up and stagger...I'm such a lightweight! Four pints and I can't walk straight. But I can think straight, if you get my meaning... I don't dance on tables or anything!

Meh, I want to see people but I've got two weeks to go before people come back...

ReputationRep:
    Urgh.

I swear I wasn't that drunk when I went to bed, but I feel **** in the head now. I think it's probably dehydration that isn't jut alcohol. The railway arch with the funky house playing was soo soo hot. So many people rammed into a small space, a bit like Clare Cellars,
    except hotter and fuller and full of random old people I didn't know!

It's all good though

A.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alaric)
    Urgh.

I swear I wasn't that drunk when I went to bed, but I feel **** in the head now. I think it's probably dehydration that isn't jut alcohol. The railway arch with the funky house playing was soo soo hot. So many people rammed into a small space, a bit like Clare Cellars,
    except hotter and fuller and full of random old people I didn't know!

It's all good though

A.
    That wasn't in Peckham was it? BarStory or something?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Steveee)
    That wasn't in Peckham was it? BarStory or something?
    Nope, the cross, in the goods depot behind Kings Cross

ReputationRep:
    Nope, the cross, in the goods depot behind Kings Cross
    Was that the thing on York Road that I saw people leaving from at about 2 this afternoon?

MB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by musicbloke)
    Was that the thing on York Road that I saw people leaving from at about 2 this afternoon?

MB
    Yeah, that'd have been an afterparty. There are three clubs in the goods depot though.

A.

ReputationRep:
    hey everyone!
    am back in cambridge! WooOooOoOo
    (but have just discovered that for the entirity of the 4 days I will be with Tel before he goes to Taiwan for a week and after having not seen him for 2 weeks, his sister will be staying with us in his room, and sleeping there EVERY night! hence i am quite annoyed. not with her really - but just annoyed generally. I want some time just with him!)
    oh well
    its good to be back (sort of)

ReputationRep:
    You could bring him back to your room? That way she can sleep in his bed and you two can have some privacy.

The boy is here, but has decided watching me moderate TSR is not exciting (for the whole 10 mins I've been on) so he's watching Top Gear. We went to a friend's houseparty last night, it was actually relatively sedate compared with her last one, which involved drinking Jenga .

Hope everyone has had a lovely Christmas and New Year!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, that'd have been an afterparty. There are three clubs in the goods depot though.

A.
    cool. lol, everyone looked knackered.

MB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    You could bring him back to your room? That way she can sleep in his bed and you two can have some privacy.

The boy is here, but has decided watching me moderate TSR is not exciting (for the whole 10 mins I've been on) so he's watching Top Gear. We went to a friend's houseparty last night, it was actually relatively sedate compared with her last one, which involved drinking Jenga .

Hope everyone has had a lovely Christmas and New Year!
    Hmm that would be nice, except I don't have my room until next Saturday! To avoid paying out of term charges, he said I could stay in his room which he has all holiday. unfortunately his sister (who is at school in Cambridge) has also suddenly decided she needs to stay in his room until her term starts!

ah well, its been ok so far. She' s lovely and we have found some privacy (mainly involving long showers) hehe

Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.