Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FadeToBlackout)
    I'll be thinking of you lot, schussing and skiing away... while I'm back in Camb, with a pile of work to do and no-one else around... boo shame.
    I think by "schussing and skiing away" you mean "sliding down hills on your arse while small French children run over you." I've only ever had 3 lessons before Loads of my friends are insanely good too, so I doubt I'll be seeing much of them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    "schussing and skiing away" you mean "sliding down hills on your arse while small French children run over you."
    ...are you not meant to ski on your arse then?

ReputationRep:
    Well, I've never skiied before in my life... at least you've had lessons! Anyway, don'tmost people go for the apres-ski... erm... antics? Clareifornication would be out of business in the first week back if it weren't for Ski Clare. Oh, and the back issues are online. Clare people, be afraid!

Anyway, you can console yourselves by knowing that no matter how bad you are, I'm doubtlessly worse! Come on, I nearly managed to capsize a punt full of CUSAGC'ers- can you imagine me skiing! And a freind of mine has invited me to Switzerland... I'm so going to either die or get into a situation where I wish I were dead! I.e. halfway down a mountain and cathering speed uncontrollably...

ReputationRep:
    Well, I've never skiied before in my life... at least you've had lessons! Anyway, don'tmost people go for the apres-ski... erm... antics? Clareifornication would be out of business in the first week back if it weren't for Ski Clare. Oh, and the back issues are online. Clare people, be afraid!

Anyway, you can console yourselves by knowing that no matter how bad you are, I'm doubtlessly worse! Come on, I nearly managed to capsize a punt full of CUSAGC'ers- can you imagine me skiing! And a freind of mine has invited me to Switzerland... I'm so going to either die or get into a situation where I wish I were dead! I.e. halfway down a mountain and cathering speed uncontrollably...
    Oh don't you worry...the beady eyes of Clareifornication are everywhere...and after last year's business I'm hoping that this year will be just as entertaining (though obviously I'll be watching from the sidelines).

I THINK that the Clareif site isn't googleable. I hope.

ReputationRep:

Lol, punts are almost impossible to capsize, especially when they're full of people. That is a good effort.

MB

ReputationRep:
    I THINK that the Clareif site isn't googleable. I hope.
    It's the back issues of Clareif on the srcf site that you need to worry about... but they are stored as PDFs, so you shouldn't have any problems! not that you would anyway, because you've allways been a good girl...

By the way, my 600th post!

ReputationRep:
    It's the back issues of Clareif on the srcf site that you need to worry about... but they are stored as PDFs, so you shouldn't have any problems! not that you would anyway, because you've allways been a good girl...

By the way, my 600th post!
    Obviously. :angel: Ahem.

ReputationRep:
    Bad news: Google can scrape pdfs

Good news: So far Google has only indexed one of the issues

Bad news: It's an issue with Helen in it...

ReputationRep:
    Oops!

Let's try searching...

ReputationRep:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/4583192.stm
    I cross the road going to and from work right there under that coach :eek:

It's half-wrecked that building, was a complete mess this morning, the entire road was still shut at 8am.

A.

ReputationRep:
    crap! That looks nasty!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scarlet ibis)
    crap! That looks nasty!
    Yeah, the car involved looked pretty much trashed. Makes you wonder how fast they must have been going, it looked like a motorway accident.

The only way they could have got closer to the hospital would have been crashing into it. That's probably less than 50 yards from the Royal London's A&E.

A.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Immortal Wombat)
    Bad news: Google can scrape pdfs

Good news: So far Google has only indexed one of the issues

Bad news: It's an issue with Helen in it...
    Are you sure it's the right Helen? I could only find references to other infamous Helens of the past.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by musicbloke)
    Lol, punts are almost impossible to capsize, especially when they're full of people. That is a good effort.

MB
    almost the punt that takes people over to the Plough during bumps got capsized by a sidney boat doing their practise start a few years back- awesome video footage.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by priya)
    almost the punt that takes people over to the Plough during bumps got capsized by a sidney boat doing their practise start a few years back- awesome video footage.
    :eek: You're kidding?! That's fantastic! Is it on the SSBC website? Or Spam's site? I'd love to see it.

ReputationRep:
    Are you sure it's the right Helen? I could only find references to other infamous Helens of the past.
    It's not a very big mention. Helen 'the medic' in last year's Lent Pulling Pool, no?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by priya)
    We were shown that by a member of the crew/bc at the time the day we got on to the Lents, damn scary video for people who have no previous bumps experience, terrified pretty much everyone in the room as I remember it.

--------------

(Original post by musicbloke)

MB
    This punt has the potential to capsize or at least sink I'm sure, I helped the repair of the ancient craft when I should have been revising las summer!

ReputationRep:
    I still say we should give it a viking funeral into the Cam..

ReputationRep:
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! It's on 2nd page again!

In other news... Tickle thinks this of me...

Vincent, you're like the Waltz!

A romantic at heart, you have no trouble falling in love...and staying there. It's easy for a sweetie like you to follow your heart both on and off the dance floor. And like the elegant waltz, you'll never go out of style or lose your sense of grace. Always eager to keep things upbeat and positive, you try to appreciate the beauty in the people and places you encounter. You're a sentimental and passionate soul who tries to respect tradition and learn from the past. There's a poise and polish to everything you do. Sounds classic — just like you!

em.... Waltz.

ReputationRep:
    Just had my first Gardies of term... bacon burger, no salad and chips. it was a worryingly profound moment...

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.