Hello pol. we miss you too.

ReputationRep:
    I am bored, and also ill. Grr.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, whatever Camfo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by minimo)
    Yeah, whatever Camfo
    "Whatever"? Is that the best you can do? Looks like I'm not the only one who's bored with sleeping.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FadeToBlackout)
    Just had my first Gardies of term... bacon burger, no salad and chips. it was a worryingly profound moment...
    That's dead keen. Have you seen Seth yet? He got back on Friday and would be up for a Gardies, I'm sure.

ReputationRep:
    I havn't yet, unfortunately. But there is a picture of him in gown and mortar board in Gardies! It's a confusing picture, because it also incorporates his reflection in the side of their stainless steel thing on the counter. First time I saw the picture, I thought there were two Seths...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FadeToBlackout)
    First time I saw the picture, I thought there were two Seths...
    :eek: God forbid!!!

ReputationRep:
    Hi ho, Hi ho, it's off to cam I go.....

ReputationRep:
    That's rather random.. so is he up now?

Anyway, I've just done a Seth and challenged someone to a duel... he (the challenged guy) is French and called all English women "cold and frigid"... so for the honour of everyone out there, I half-jokingly challenged him to a duel on Clare Bridge, which he accepted.

Looks like it's going to be cardboard poster tubes at dawn...

Or at ten O'Clock in the morning- as close as I, being an historian, ever get to dawn!

ReputationRep:
    may I have a question for all of the people who already are at cambridge? during the last month, I got quickly used to reading a lot of stuff on TSR, especially cambridge subforum..I was wondering, given that by the time I'll be (hopefully) at cambridge, there'll be the facebook as well, how do you manage to keep up with all of them?

because quite a lot of you (fadetoblackout, helenia, ticki, minimo, priya and others) seem to read a lot of stuff on here, I suppose you're online a lot on the facebook as well - how the hell do you fit it are in your day?

any advice? I am seriously afraid of becoming too addicted.

ReputationRep:
    I tend to just stay online when writing essays...so i do a couple of paragraps, have a browse for 10 mins...it's like a break.

--------------

Camford, willa and crana9 were three of our heaviest posters last year and all got firsts.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Honza)
    may I have a question for all of the people who already are at cambridge? during the last month, I got quickly used to reading a lot of stuff on TSR, especially cambridge subforum..I was wondering, given that by the time I'll be (hopefully) at cambridge, there'll be the facebook as well, how do you manage to keep up with all of them?

because quite a lot of you (fadetoblackout, helenia, ticki, minimo, priya and others) seem to read a lot of stuff on here, I suppose you're online a lot on the facebook as well - how the hell do you fit it are in your day?

It's pretty easy when you get used to it. I don't know about others but I did sweet F.A. all through school. So it took a bit of getting used to to do a bit more work and sport and drinking etc, but it's manageable.

A.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Honza)

I'm not studying this year, and the office has been pretty quiet over the holidays. During term time I tend not to post as much (though I do keep an eye on the advice given because a lot of the time people try to be helpful but give incorrect answers). You just have to be strict with yourself and bear in mind that you have a degree and a real life out there too. That said, don't take on too many extra-curricular things, because then things get tricky.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Honza)

i don't know. i'm not on tsr much during term time, and don't spend as much time on facebook either-usually some friends and i will browse together whilst having a chat or whatever.

also- i get up early and sleep late in camb. so extra hours in which i can browse/post

ReputationRep:
    Yeah. My usage of TSR and Facebook tends to peak in the holidays... over Christmas, on my rare days off, I had no energy to do anything, hence my TSR posting.

But during termtime, I may go on late at night or fill in the odd five minutes with TSR. I have, however, not got my laptop in my room connected to the internet to remove the temptation.

Just wait two weeks when term starts, and see my postcount radically drop....

ReputationRep:
    Trinity economists now have a discussion forum all to themselves!! WOOOO!!

ReputationRep:
    I am sleepy. I get sleepy around 6pm everyday at the moment. This isn't good. This so isn't good.

ReputationRep:
    mmmm, just got my training program through for the next 3 weeks. Looks like things are getting progressively more and more painful.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willa)
    mmmm, just got my training program through for the next 3 weeks. Looks like things are getting progressively more and more painful.
    You asked for it :p:.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.