Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willa)
    mmmm, just got my training program through for the next 3 weeks. Looks like things are getting progressively more and more painful.
    Hannah's coaching us this week - she's brilliant. We managed a couple of successful outings today, despite not having rowed for the last month. I do worry that I will be in pain tomorrow though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ticki)
    Hannah's coaching us this week - she's brilliant. We managed a couple of successful outings today, despite not having rowed for the last month. I do worry that I will be in pain tomorrow though.
    hannah's coxxing has had a profound affect on the way i cox (when i helped out in tubbing at start of term). She says "go" in a wierd sort of way, and because she was coxxing in dev squad, for some reason I say "go" in exactly the same way, and it sounds really wierd.

ReputationRep:
    Somebody say something, please.

ReputationRep:
    I am a fish

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willa)
    mmmm, just got my training program through for the next 3 weeks. Looks like things are getting progressively more and more painful.
    just think- 1st of april- day of glory

ReputationRep:
    this thread is dying.

ReputationRep:
    No. It. Shall. Not. Die.

Medics!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Camford)
    this thread is dying.
    Nein, you're just being melodramatic.

Are you applying for internships this year camfo' ?

A.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by priya)
    just think- 1st of april- day of glory
    Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo. Please please please let that not be the weekend of The Boat Races.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katie J)
    Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo. Please please please let that not be the weekend of The Boat Races.
    It is. Someone clearly has a very poor sense of humour.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alaric)
    Nein, you're just being melodramatic.

Are you applying for internships this year camfo' ?

A.
    yeah, of course. I have started looking. Don't like the look of Goldman Sachs' application form though. They are asking for my phone number... I don't have a bloody phone at the moment. Any advice on which companies I should be applying for?

ReputationRep:
    Goldman Sachs? Google!

Of course I'm kind of biased as I was interviewed by a google guy this weekend (nothing google related) and he told me to apply for an internship there in a couple of years :P Mwah. Now if I only knew how to program

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xyro)
    Goldman Sachs? Google!

Of course I'm kind of biased as I was interviewed by a google guy this weekend (nothing google related) and he told me to apply for an internship there in a couple of years :P Mwah. Now if I only knew how to program
    you'll learn. All mathmos learn programming at some point. You have to learn if you are mathmo... pen and paper are just not efficient enough. (That's not saying I don't like pen and paper. They are great)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ticki)
    It is. Someone clearly has a very poor sense of humour.
    I promised my mate I'd cancel anything I could to be there. But my department have carefully put a compulsory field trip from the 26th March-2nd April in France. Argh, I'm so gutted. I really don't want to miss the race but I cannot miss the trip.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xyro)
    Goldman Sachs? Google!

Google didn't give away an average of 0.5mil£ as a christmas bonus to all their employees :p:

--------------

(Original post by Camford)
    yeah, of course. I have started looking. Don't like the look of Goldman Sachs' application form though. They are asking for my phone number... I don't have a bloody phone at the moment. Any advice on which companies I should be applying for?
    You NEED a phone. Everywhere uses telephone interviews, including my company. Apply for banks and consultancies!!

ReputationRep:
    You NEED a phone. Everywhere uses telephone interviews, including my company. Apply for banks and consultancies!!
    I'm getting one before lecture starts.

ReputationRep:
    Google didn't give away an average of 0.5mil£ as a christmas bonus to all their employees :p:
    You can also see it this way: They have to bribe you with such a large amount of money because the job is boring Ah well, I might just end up applying to those companies next year although I'd really like to do something more technical over my summer.

ReputationRep:
    I'll probably be a waitress during my summer hols :rolleyes: :mad:

ReputationRep:
    I'll probably be a punt tour guide.

Or a walking tour guide- less chance of falling in.

has anyone here actually worked for Scudamore's or the other ones?

ReputationRep:
    argh~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[/end rant]

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.