The Student Room Group
Willa
i've already done it, silly noggin. :rolleyes:

mmmm special reward m&s chocolate pudding!!!!

I had one of Peppercorns' rocky road chocolate brownies today. For doing sweet FA. :cool:
Reply 20621
Camford
I have my Godman Sachs interview on 27th... in bloody london! :vmad: I'll miss 2 lectures. :vmad: Don't these people live in the students world anymore? **** **** and bugger.

Get used to it. Funnily enough we only work 8-6 five days a week, you expect us to interview you on Sunday too?
What time are you in London?

A.
Reply 20622
missing two lectures certainly isn't the end of the world
Alaric
Get used to it. Funnily enough we only work 8-6 five days a week, you expect us to interview you on Sunday too?
What time are you in London?

A.
Interview's at 10:15... given that I don't know much about London, I'd say I should get there with at least an hour to spare. Good thing that Goldman Sachs is paying for my travel expenses. Can I expect all companies to do that?
I think I have just thrown myself into a great big hole by taking the job of project manager. I think I am f'd...
G'luck with the interview - what's it for, grad programme or internship?
Intern. I hope the weather won't be so suckful on the day. and Thank you :smile:.
Reply 20627
Camford
I think I have just thrown myself into a great big hole by taking the job of project manager.

yes, yes you have.

Camford
I think I am f'd...

yes, yes you are.

(programmers are notoriously lazy, being project manager you have to motivate them, and without cash incentives that's pretty difficult)
Just threaten to report them for use of DC. That should scare them enough :wink:
Reply 20629
Helenia
Just threaten to report them for use of DC. That should scare them enough :wink:

ah the "I'm a boss first, a friend second" approach.....yeah that's not so popular with the employee's :p:
Willa
ah the "I'm a boss first, a friend second" approach.....yeah that's not so popular with the employee's :p:

Sorry, am I meant to suggest friendly methods for working with lazy compscis? :p:
I find a stick is often the best way to motivate people to code.
Well... probably should asked the girl on the team to be the manager... Too late for that I guess.

On the plus side, if we don't complete the project, we get penalised in the exam. (starting with -20 marks) So, it's in their interest to do the project and to do it well.

I don't really know the other 5 that well. So I can take the "I am the boss first and I am the boss second" approach.
I ended up getting the bus to Tesco. At least I know where it is now so I shouldn't get lost if I need to go again. I'm not paying fer delivery!
Reply 20634
Camford
Interview's at 10:15... given that I don't know much about London, I'd say I should get there with at least an hour to spare. Good thing that Goldman Sachs is paying for my travel expenses. Can I expect all companies to do that?

Yeah pretty much everyone do, you'll have to ask some companies explicitly though before they do. Not sure where GS is, but if you feel like free snacks afterwards then you can probably drop by my office. I'd have to know a day or so in advance because of security hoops you have to jump through to get people in the building.

Camford
I think I have just thrown myself into a great big hole by taking the job of project manager. I think I am f'd...

Silly. No one likes the PM.

A.
Alaric
Yeah pretty much everyone do, you'll have to ask some companies explicitly though before they do. Not sure where GS is, but if you feel like free snacks afterwards then you can probably drop by my office. I'd have to know a day or so in advance because of security hoops you have to jump through to get people in the building.

Silly. No one likes the PM.

A.

Cool, is that a formal invitation then :wink:?

I am silly:frown:. Why oh why oh why? :bawling:
Alaric
Not sure where GS is

Probably 133 Fleet Street. Will take you all of 15 mins by bus to get from King's X to there, leave 30 mins for train delays and 15 for early arrival. Perfect.

It's bus #45 or #46 from bus stop D at King's X, 10 min journey and then a 5 min walk afterwards. Ask the driver to let you off at St Bride St / Farringdon St or St. Andrew Street respectively, then just ask.
synaesthesia
G'luck with the interview - what's it for, grad programme or internship?

Indeed, Good Luck Camfo!!!
:hugs:
I think the place for the interview is 120 Fleet street. I think I'm taking the tube instead of bus. It's easier if you have to buy the ticket from a human rather than a machine.
you can get train tickets from cam that integrate either a one day travelcard or a return journey to zone 1 or 2 I think... Saves you a bit of time and money.

Latest

Trending

Trending