Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by minimo)
    When I was in Year 12, our Eng Lit teacher asked us which literary character we would like to...get intimate with. every other girl in the group chose Darcy. I chose Mr Rochester from Jane Eyre. Am i the only person who has seen the passion in his eyes?!
    ooooooh no...mr rochester is HOT!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xx_ambellina_xx)
    Is that because he was in a fire once?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Camford)
    Is that because he was in a fire once?
    Yes, and also no.

ReputationRep:
    Bloomberg sells painkillers in toilets...at least the male one :s:. I am scared now.

ReputationRep:
    Rochester is the sort of man I'd want to be seduced by. Rhi, you are an intelligent girl.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xx_ambellina_xx)
    Rhett Butler.

Or Mr Knightley.

ReputationRep:
    Bloomberg sells painkillers in toilets...at least the male one :s:. I am scared now.
    Google probably sells "painkillers" in toilets, too :p: or maybe it's already included in the free food. mmh. hall.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    Rhett Butler.

Or Mr Knightley.
    Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn! :p:

ReputationRep:
    Lehman's have "no sharp objects" on the bins in toilets. Even scarier!

ReputationRep:
    I bet you do

ReputationRep:
    ooo i see Vicki's been getting all angry again, you always know when varsity/tcs print a picture of her staring at someone!

Care to give us your more details opinion?

ReputationRep:
    He doesn't actually say "Frankly" in the book. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Random fact: it's actually spelt "Dam" in the movie script to get around censorship laws!

Oh My God. I've signed up to RAG blind date. I was co-erced by our reps, and I've just handed over my £5 meekly... I might meet someone I know...!

Oh, and otherwise, 1,000 posts! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

ReputationRep:
    You're hooked!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by minimo)
    When I was in Year 12, our Eng Lit teacher asked us which literary character we would like to...get intimate with. every other girl in the group chose Darcy. I chose Mr Rochester from Jane Eyre. Am i the only person who has seen the passion in his eyes?!

I would choose Captain Carrot from Discworld... (oh god i'm sad!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    He doesn't actually say "Frankly" in the book. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Dude, they're free. When they give away so many free snacks why would they have charged for them? :p:

A.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willa)
    ooo i see Vicki's been getting all angry again, you always know when varsity/tcs print a picture of her staring at someone!

Care to give us your more details opinion?
    I don't want to comment in much detail at this time. All I will say is that I am angrier now than I have ever been in my life, particularly because I maintain that CUSU is a worthwhile and hardworking union which has the potential to massively benefit our students. Your JCR Presidents are receiving official statements from members of the CUSU executive - you can request details from them if you'd like.

I would actually rather hear what your opinions on the situation are. Is it democratic for three people to make secret policy decisions on behalf of 18,000 students without either mandate or consultation? My fear is that people won't understand the issues or will just think that this is petty internal politics and be even more frustrated by CUSU.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alaric)
    Dude, they're free. When they give away so many free snacks why would they have charged for them? :p:

A.
    I knew they were free... sort of. Should have taken some while I was there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FadeToBlackout)
    Oh My God. I've signed up to RAG blind date. I was co-erced by our reps, and I've just handed over my £5 meekly... I might meet someone I know...!
    Don't worry, you're form won't be as bad as mine!!!

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.