Turn on thread page Beta

(Original post by minimo)
    Hamish rocks!
    Yep I lost 39,000 - pretty crap seeing as I AM an economist.
    Hamish does not rock :p: I'm annoyed I missed soufani though, he sounds hilarious

ReputationRep:
    Soufani was a rubbish lecturer. :p: Hamish did my interview. I got in to Cambridge. Hence I say he rocks.

ReputationRep:
    ahhh, were you there for the classic Eustace moment? "Erm, I think you missed a point, Dr Low..."

(Original post by minimo)
    ahhh, were you there for the classic Eustace moment? "Erm, I think you missed a point, Dr Low..."
    was that the ginger selwyn kid? If so, then I've been informed I was lucky to get the full experience today; not only did I see him asking a stupid question and looking like a prat, I also got to see his reaction when someone else was sitting where he normally does - it was as if his mind genuinely couldn't cope at the thought of having to move I might throw things at him next time, if I'm not too busy heckling the lecturer :evil: of course, I could always turn up to my own lectures

ReputationRep:
    Willa, i don't know if you still read this, but do you know jjf, a PhD student? he's my anatomy super and he knows about you (we were discussing rowing over a king's medics dinner:/)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by visesh)
    Willa, i don't know if you still read this, but do you know jjf, a PhD student? he's my anatomy super and he knows about you (we were discussing rowing over a king's medics dinner:/)
    is he a rower himself? what college? did he trial with culrc? any more detail than just initials? (a first name would help)

edit: I've just worked out who you're talking about. Yeah he rows for emma - seems pretty good at rowing (although haven't had that much of an opportunity to chat since I haven't been rowing with the college since he got here start of last term).

ReputationRep:
    I went to Peterhouse bar last night with some members of teh cast of the show (Henry IV) that I'm lighting. They had some kind of drinks promotion on, with two scantily-clad girls supposedly pushing this weird vodka energy drink.

The girls were standing at the bar.

EVERY SINGLE guy in the room was at various tables, talking amongst themselves, and COMPLETELY IGNORING the girls.

Confirms all my prejudices and stereotypical view of Peterhouse!

ReputationRep:
    An example where sex doesn't sell...

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know where we cna find the results of Newnham short course regatta? i wanna know how we did...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by French Pikachu)
    Does anyone know where we cna find the results of Newnham short course regatta? i wanna know how we did...
    They won't be out just yet, as the last division has only just raced (I was in it and have just got back). I'll let you know if I find them before you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    They won't be out just yet, as the last division has only just raced (I was in it and have just got back). I'll let you know if I find them before you!
    Cheers!

ReputationRep:
    Winners of each division:

M1: Churchill
    M2: Caius
    ML: FaT

W1: Caius
    W2: Caius
    WL: Jesus

The rest of the results and times will hopefully be out later today and will be e-mailed round the contacts list. Which crew are you rowing for now, FP?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    Winners of each division:

M1: Churchill
    M2: Caius
    ML: FaT

W1: Caius
    W2: Caius
    WL: Jesus

The rest of the results and times will hopefully be out later today and will be e-mailed round the contacts list. Which crew are you rowing for now, FP?
    Queens' W2... u?

ReputationRep:
    Clare W2. We're mostly ex-novices except me, so today was our first real race. Not too bad - Binson head on Friday is going to be harder.

Edit: results are out, I've e-mailed them to you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FadeToBlackout)
    I went to Peterhouse bar last night with some members of teh cast of the show (Henry IV) that I'm lighting. They had some kind of drinks promotion on, with two scantily-clad girls supposedly pushing this weird vodka energy drink.

The girls were standing at the bar.

EVERY SINGLE guy in the room was at various tables, talking amongst themselves, and COMPLETELY IGNORING the girls.

Confirms all my prejudices and stereotypical view of Peterhouse!
    Vodka energy drink? Uuugh.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else go to the new launch of King's bar tonight? Was alright actually. Went for a meal with friends beforehand, successfully avoided thinking about my essay and massive reading list till just. I'm sooo good at procrastinating! Have a good weekend everyone. xx

ReputationRep:
    I was meant to go with some friends, but went to Viva instead, which was pretty cool.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by White_redrose)
    Anyone else go to the new launch of King's bar tonight? Was alright actually. Went for a meal with friends beforehand, successfully avoided thinking about my essay and massive reading list till just. I'm sooo good at procrastinating! Have a good weekend everyone. xx
    New Launch? What have they done to it? I like king's bar - they sell courvoisier at a better price than I've found anywhere else in Cambridge (and they have a hammer and sickle on the wall)

MB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by musicbloke)
    New Launch? What have they done to it? I like king's bar - they sell courvoisier at a better price than I've found anywhere else in Cambridge (and they have a hammer and sickle on the wall)

MB
    arent/havent they painting/painted it red again?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by visesh)
    I was meant to go with some friends, but went to Viva instead, which was pretty cool.
    w00t. go tit hall!

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    Christ's College Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.