Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Liberation!!

Had horrible and very important presentation on monday, and coursework set yesterday for today.

Have just handed it in. No lectures tomorrow, then going to italy on friday!!

wooooooooo

ReputationRep:
    *feeling very jealous*

My weekend will be made up of sitting in front of my laptop for at least 12 hours every day...

ReputationRep:
    My weekend will be made up of sitting in front of my laptop for at least 12 hours every day...
    reminds me of something

ReputationRep:
    I'll have to get up at 4am to get the plane tho...

ReputationRep:
    I'm getting up at 4am tomorrow as well, going home for half-term, yeey!

ReputationRep:
    you young people and your bloody half terms...

ReputationRep:
    Are you jealous?

A reading week would be quite nice, just so I can catch up...

ReputationRep:
    nah, I'm looking forward to 8-weeks terms instead..half-term simply means more time spent on packing up, travelling and settling in again 12 times a year instead of 6.

ReputationRep:
    well the 8 week term isn't really all that, to be honest. It ends up feeling more like a race than anything.

ReputationRep:
    I can't believe that it's week five already. I can't really think of anything that I've done this term, and I don't think I've made any progress work-wise.

Hopefully the five formals I've already signed up to should improve the matters of entertainment, though I doubt they'll improve my philosophy.

Or my liver.

ReputationRep:
    it being the 5th week only reminds me that the boat race is too bloody close!

ReputationRep:
    my group project is going to suck... suck suck suck...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Camford)
    my group project is going to suck... suck suck suck...
    if all else fails, lower your standards.....

perhaps you're trying too hard?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willa)
    if all else fails, lower your standards.....

perhaps you're trying too hard?
    I'm trying too hard? We're not spending enough time on it. I can't lower standard on the part that's going slow...

ReputationRep:
    I'm trying too hard? We're not spending enough time on it. I can't lower standard on the part that's going slow...
    Come on Mr PM, what are you going to do about the situation?

A.

ReputationRep:
    unfortunately, people's definition of "enough" can vary radically....and from what I know of you, you certainly arent a man to underestimate what "enough" is.
    But you're project manager, if you think what you want doing absolutely needs doing, then get barking at the rest of your team!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willa)
    unfortunately, people's definition of "enough" can vary radically....and from what I know of you, you certainly arent a man to underestimate what "enough" is.
    But you're project manager, if you think what you want doing absolutely needs doing, then get barking at the rest of your team!
    You are accusing me of lack understand of the word enough?! Dude, you didn't ask me where I got the idea of "not enough" from.

ReputationRep:
    You are accusing me of lack understand of the word enough?! Dude, you didn't ask me where I got the idea of "not enough" from.
    i never accused you of such a thing, I merely pointed out that everybody has a different opinion of what "enough" is - not everyone spends the same amount of time on a particular piece of work now do they. I was never saying that what you think is "enough" was a misjudgement on your part, I was just suggesting you calm down and take a look at what the rest of your team is thinking "enough" is. And if after doing that you honestly think that their "enough" isn't enough, then you get barking at them!

As project manager surely you have to strike a compromise between wanting what you want, and what your team wants?

So what do you think is "not enough" then?

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know where I can get a poster printed? Who do the may ball committee's go to, for example? Is there a university department that will have the technology to print a high-quality glossy film-poster size poster? I only need a single copy, and don't mind paying.

ReputationRep:
    Not sure how quickly you want them, but my friend recommended a printing company called Pixaco to me (www.pixaco.co.uk). They print everything in Europe or somewhere where labour costs nothing, and ship them over - so you get VERY good quality prints, VERY cheaply, and they arrive on your doorstep about 2 days after submitting the images online. He's used them for years, with no issues.

Prices are:
    Photo Poster 12x8 £0.98
    Photo Poster 18x12 £2.19
    Photo Poster 24x16 £8.99
    Photo Poster 30x20 £11.99

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    Christ's College Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.