The Student Room Group
Should tell you everything you need to know

Will is rowing for the lightweights (all the crew have to weigh <72.5kg), so will be in the Lightweight Blues race which is the day before the main event. It's held at Henley, on a shorter (2km), straight course, along with the women's races. It's not on TV, but lots of rowing types go down there to watch.
Helenia
Should tell you everything you need to know

Will is rowing for the lightweights (all the crew have to weigh <72.5kg), so will be in the Lightweight Blues race which is the day before the main event. It's held at Henley, on a shorter (2km), straight course, along with the women's races. It's not on TV, but lots of rowing types go down there to watch.

Thanks for that. 'Tis useful. :smile:
Reply 20962
Once again firstandthird.org provides the required information, did you see how quickly we put up our Pembroke Regatta results, I particularly like the MLBC's on bikes result from the towpath division:
http://www.firstandthird.org/frames/results/show.phtml?view=rep&page=termid.8025:eventid.501:crewid.1989
Reply 20963
ok i've found out that the people i know are split between clare and johns....but neither group has managed to fully secure tickets. So as a backup, I am posting here to enquire is anyone has any source of clare may ball tickets (absolutely any what-so-ever). If any of you know anyone who has any extra tickets, please let me know, because there is plenty of demand at this end! (But I am aware that there is plenty of demand everywhere).
Reply 20964
Woo hoo! I just got 9th in the room ballot Yay!
Lurgy lurgy lurgy :frown: Why today?
apd35
Woo hoo! I just got 9th in the room ballot Yay!

You lucky lucky thing. :mad:
Poo. This is all so complicated.
60th. Not too bad :smile:
The room ballot at Queens' is so complicated, because almost all the 2nd years share a set. You have to get into same-sex pairs, then if you want to be around friends you get the pairs into groups of 6-8, and then if one group want to be on the same staircase as another then they have to indicate -that-. Argh.
Does anyone know the precise date for this years boat race? I think it's sometime in May. And is anyone on TSR in it? That'd be exciting!
Willa is involved in the lightweight race held at Henley the day before. Thats on 1st April, the boat race that happens on london (ie between 1st and 2nd heavyweight crews) is the following day
Omg just found out i'm gonna be dancing in a cage at Girton Spring Ball... :tongue: shall be interesting!
Vanessa locked up far away from Queens'? Why did we not think of this sooner?
MadNatSci

Thanks for that. It starts at 4-35 which is a bit late I would have thought- at least I think it starts then, but anyway, thanks. :smile:
rich_
Thanks for that. It starts at 4-35 which is a bit late I would have thought- at least I think it starts then, but anyway, thanks. :smile:

Have you actually used a search engine before? ^o)
visesh
Have you actually used a search engine before? ^o)

Yes! :cool: , but I wanted to see if anyone from TSR was in it and now I know... :smile:
rich_

The start times are dependent on the tide - the race has to be rowed at a certain point on the rising tide so that times are roughly consistent from year to year. This means that race times vary throughout the afternoon - a couple of years ago it was about 6 I think.
Helenia
The start times are dependent on the tide - the race has to be rowed at a certain point on the rising tide so that times are roughly consistent from year to year. This means that race times vary throughout the afternoon - a couple of years ago it was about 6 I think.

Oh right- okay. Oooh, exciting, I just arranged for my games options to be Rowing on Tuesdays- but I still have to go running on Thursdays- but anyway- 'tis scary as I may sink the boat :redface: - but I have to do a swimming test on Thursday i think fully clothed which is a sensible idea- just sincerely hope I don't mess that up as it's pretty easy!

Latest

Trending

Trending