Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by morrison)
    Hi,
    I've been given an offer by Emmanuel College, Cambridge. Today, I was sent some info regarding finances, student cards, accommodation etc. As far as accommodation is concerned, does any Emma student (or anyone else in the know) out there know which is better: North or South court? For whatever the choice, why?
    Thanks, morrison.
    North court is more of a lottery than south court - by that I mean: In north court there are some absolutely great first year rooms, but there are also some absolutely terrible ones (obviously these differences are reflected in the room gradings and hence the rent you pay). In south court, the room standards are much more consistent, so it's a much safer bet, although these rooms wont be as good as the best rooms in north court. I think north court is prettier if you get a view in to the court (hopefully not backing on to the bus station or burger king!). But also if you go in to south court, you may end up right above the bar! (interpret that how you will!)

ReputationRep:
    helenia, why did i see you in the service station yesterday? were u doing access bus stuff?

ReputationRep:
    got my blazer today.....why does everything have to cost so much!!!???

ReputationRep:
    but you can wear it with pride

funny story- apparantly the company from which the 2nd uni golfers bought their kit from messed up...and gave them dark blue stash....

ReputationRep:
    It's finally time to sign off,
    Close the curtains and say goodbye.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by priya)
    helenia, why did i see you in the service station yesterday? were u doing access bus stuff?
    No, I was on my way home. It was just a very strange coincidence that you and the entireity of the Clare access crowd happened to be there at the same time!

ReputationRep:
    Well, I'm here still and I'm bored.

Good news- off to pub soon.

Bad news- done no work today.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FadeToBlackout)
    Bad news- done no work today.
    :dito:

ReputationRep:
    2 pm- still in dressing gown, still done no work.

Right, off TSR, shower, to Starbucks with my book! Tempt myself into working with chocolate cake and tea...

ReputationRep:
    Mm. Chocolate cake. That's such a good idea.

ReputationRep:
    I annotated most of my dissertation draft today - couldn't have been done without chocolate cake and coffee.

MB

ReputationRep:
    I did work today! Woohoo, am happy.

ReputationRep:
    hmm dont seem to have done any work since term finished. well, saw my DoS today - thats kind of work... sort of. i did talk about my building.
    i am so going to do some work... tomorrow...

ReputationRep:
    Yes, my work starts tomorrow too. At some point between getting up late in the morning, doing a shift in a pub 12-6, and seeing a performance of some of the Canterbury Tales in the evening.

Yesyesyes, I shall do work. Lots of work.

ReputationRep:
    I went to London today to receive my Queen's Guide Award. Met the Countess of Wessex, plus randomly a couple of other Cambridge students who I didn't know were going to be there. It was fun, although London is still scary.

ReputationRep:
    Procrastination achieved so far these holidays:

-Many hours on TSR.

-Many hours chatting with friends.

-Facebook

-Theatre

-SLEEP!

-Shopping

-Washing

-Paint stripping from a punt

-making "to do" lists and getting depressed.

-Coffee and cake in Starbucks

-Cycle rides

-MORE SLEEP!

Work achieved so far:

-1 150 page book read... :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by coldfish)
    Yes, my work starts tomorrow too. At some point between getting up late in the morning, doing a shift in a pub 12-6, and seeing a performance of some of the Canterbury Tales in the evening.

Yesyesyes, I shall do work. Lots of work.
    Oi Alex, come and see me, wench. I am bored in our pathetic little town.

ReputationRep:
    Ugh, my body clock is all screwed. I have no idea what time it should be. Damn red eyes, can't get enough sleep on them.

A.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alaric)
    Ugh, my body clock is all screwed. I have no idea what time it should be. Damn red eyes, can't get enough sleep on them.

A.
    Hey Alaric,

how are you doing these days?

MB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alaric)

A.
    my body clock appaers to be non existent. have just spent the day sleeping. like the WHOLE day, when i wasn't eating or going to the loo. oops

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.