Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Friday, AKA tomorrow, sounds good. Someone suggest a time and place, I'm rubbish at this kind of thing!

ReputationRep:
    This is the funniest thing I've seen in years.

See what happens when my old school takes on a "posh" girl's school...

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2006040433,00.html

ReputationRep:
    Don't know if i'll be able to make it - ****loads of work, but i thought i'd suggest a place and time. Feel free to change it if you dont like it, but unless someone suggests something, it might not happen!

The Anchor
    8pm
    Friday

:tsr2:

ReputationRep:
    Sounds good to me. I'll be there.

Glad I've booked a 10 am bus ticket home on Saturday, rather than the 7 am parents suggested!

ReputationRep:
    Oo, I might be able to make 8pm on Friday. I can just see my idea of doing work going to pot, though.

In other news: I just spent an hour and a half on facebook.

ReputationRep:
    I've just spent an hour making this...
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FadeToBlackout)
    I've just spent an hour making this...
    what is it for?

ReputationRep:
    I'm tired

MB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scarlet ibis)
    what is it for?
    Pure, pure procrastination...

See? Studying the Black Death has forced me to these extreme measures...

ReputationRep:
    I saw the film of Rent today. Had to go to Birmingham to do it, but it was sooooooo good. My sister is a huge fan, which has on occasion annoyed me quite a lot, but I loved the film today. I cried

My May Ball dress search remains fruitless, however. Why do TK Maxx only have dresses in size 6/8 and size 16?

ReputationRep:
    Well, I was at the Anchor at 8. Where was everyone?

We may need to get more organised about this in future...

ReputationRep:
    sorry mate i just got back to cambridge at 9

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    I saw the film of Rent today. Had to go to Birmingham to do it, but it was sooooooo good. My sister is a huge fan, which has on occasion annoyed me quite a lot, but I loved the film today. I cried

My May Ball dress search remains fruitless, however. Why do TK Maxx only have dresses in size 6/8 and size 16?
    My mum got me a gorgeous May Ball dress from TK Maxx in a size 10, should have gone earlier, Helen!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FadeToBlackout)
    Well, I was at the Anchor at 8. Where was everyone?

We may need to get more organised about this in future...
    sorry! i was overcome by work and had to make a late night excursion to the department in order to finish a model. not the best night.
    i thought other people would go tho! maybe we should try again next week?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Charlottie)
    My mum got me a gorgeous May Ball dress from TK Maxx in a size 10, should have gone earlier, Helen!
    mine was £30 from debenhams. but i done plan on buying another one ever again! who cares if you wore it last year?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Charlottie)
    If I was a size 10, that would be lovely :p:

I went last week and they hadn't got much stock in; I went this week and they had loads but all in the wrong sizes. Damn them all.

Amy - it's extravagant but ball dresses are the one item of clothing I really love and want to be special. My first ball dress is a bit worn out now (having been worn 4 times since my school leaver's ball) and I tore the hem last year. I have another one, but I have two nights in a row to go to, so am persuading myself that I need another one for John's. Will let you all know on progress today...

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to 3 again this year and can't decide on dresses! I've got a lovely green one which I've not worn at Cambridge, and a really nice one which I wore to Queens' last year. However, I've also worn it at Sidney. So, this means I need to buy a new dress, and decide between

Clare: Green/Pink/New
    John's: Green/Pink/New
    Sidney: Green/New

But I've also got a couple of weddings coming up, and given that hardly anyone seems to wear proper ball dresses, I don't know if maybe that would work for one of the balls. I can't decide! :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    Amy - it's extravagant but ball dresses are the one item of clothing I really love and want to be special. My first ball dress is a bit worn out now (having been worn 4 times since my school leaver's ball) and I tore the hem last year. I have another one, but I have two nights in a row to go to, so am persuading myself that I need another one for John's. Will let you all know on progress today...
    yeah, if i could afford it, i'd love to! despite being slightly old and worn out, my ball dress is probably my most 'special' dress. i love it! but i'm not going to a ball this year, and by next year, i can get my old one mended and dry cleaned!

but tbh i would prefer to save up for going to Taiwan over the summer tahn buy any new clothes, let alone a ball dress.

ReputationRep:
    This is place where I say resistence is futile (if R < 1 ohm). Anyway...

How about this dress for the ball?

ReputationRep:
    Oooh, that dress is such a lovely colour. I think the £29.99 I (my mum) paid for mine will be a much better price than that goes for though. Ball dresses are expensive if you go to coast and monsoon, but I don't think £30 is that bad, your average casual dress at Top Shop doesn't usually cost much less than that and non-ball dresses are often more.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.