Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by polthegael)
    Is that another Squishy mathematical statement..?

high IQ =/=> person is not a ****!
    Sorry squishy..i don't quite agree with that

G

ReputationRep:
    Maybe I'm just too tired, but I'm confused.

Is that another Squishy mathematical statement..?

high IQ =/=> person is not a ****!
    High IQ does not mean that the person is not a ****? :confused:

(Original post by gzftan)
    Sorry squishy..i don't quite agree with that

G
    What don't you agree with?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Squishy)
    What don't you agree with?
    I don't agree with high IQ = person is not a ****...there are plenty of people with high IQs who are *****..and plenty with lower IQs who aren't.

G

ReputationRep:
    I don't agree with high IQ = person is not a ****...there are plenty of people with high IQs who are *****..and plenty with lower IQs who aren't.

G
    Oh no, that's not what I was saying...my original post was, "IQ is hardly a reliable measure of intelligence. I don't care what Clinton's IQ is...I still think he's a ****."

Maybe that's what Pol was trying to say with his formulation of Squishy's **** Theorem (that just sounds wrong).

ReputationRep:

G
    This is rather the opposite of what I said!

I mean that you can be a **** no matter what your IQ. I figure that a statement saying that all people who have high IQs are ***** is wrong.

And probably offends everyone on this forum..! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    This is rather the opposite of what I said!

I mean that you can be a **** no matter what your IQ. I figure that a statement saying that all people who have high IQs are ***** is wrong.

And probably offends everyone on this forum..! :rolleyes:

Ah...whatever....it's too hot to think straight!!! :confused:

G

ReputationRep:
    Squishy's **** Theorem (that just sounds wrong).
    Hehe..get rid of the 's and it sounds even more sordid!!!!

G

ReputationRep:

G

..me!!
    afternoon everyone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fluffstar)
    ..me!!
    afternoon everyone.
    Well...you're not a ****...but you're not stupid....i don't follow what you mean....

Afternoon!

G

ReputationRep:
    ..me!!
    afternoon everyone.
    Thick as a Planck? But Max Planck was smart...

ReputationRep:
    {groans}
    That was awful

ReputationRep:
    Thick as a Planck? But Max Planck was smart...
    its called a pun. p-u-n. learn that one it might come in useful

how've u been sqvishy? done anythin interesting? The thread seems to have declined in cambridge-related topics somewhat...

ReputationRep:

how've u been sqvishy? done anythin interesting? The thread seems to have declined in cambridge-related topics somewhat...
    So are you as bright as the father of quantum physics then, Kathy?

Squishy is being a bit slow today - he's probably stoned (judging from his avatar!)

ReputationRep:

I know what a pun is.

Life's been pretty normal so far. Went to the Bristol Harbour Festival on the weekend, where I got into a watermelon fight. I think I was supposed to be watching this crap band play, but oh well.

Oh yeah, some Cam-related questions if anyone's interested in answering them:

Anyone thinking of doing a language course in their first year?
    Anyone think we should have a UKL real-life meeting?
    Anyone else got the NatSci/CompSci maths booklet to work through?

Squishy is being a bit slow today - he's probably stoned (judging from his avatar!)
    I've had that avatar for ages! And I've only ever smoked cannabis second-hand.

ReputationRep:
    Oh yeah, some Cam-related questions if anyone's interested in answering them:

Anyone else got the NatSci/CompSci maths booklet to work through?
    1) Yeah..might retake up chinese :eek:..or pick up where i left off with french
    2) Inevitably we will...as long as we actually get in!!! Isn't there gonna be a passoa party sometime!!!???
    3) No

G

ReputationRep:
    Yes, was looking it up on Cam site y'day as it happens

Why not..? We are as equally likely to bump into each other as into random people and I thought getting to know people to be friends with at uni was the whole idea of this site!

I've had that avatar for ages! And I've only ever smoked cannabis second-hand.
    Can still get you stoned..! *don't* TRY HASH YOGURTS - sneaky and quite potent!

ReputationRep:
    Why not..? We are as equally likely to bump into each other as into random people and I thought getting to know people to be friends with at uni was the whole idea of this site!
    yeah it seems like a good idea!

does anyone know if last years' ukl cambridge people who chatted over the summer actually met up? what was the cambridge forum like this time last year? or are we the first?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scarlet ibis)
    does anyone know if last years' ukl cambridge people who chatted over the summer actually met up? what was the cambridge forum like this time last year? or are we the first?
    I was going to ask that earlier but I checked most people's details and few joined that early (not to say more haven't dropped out since...)

Maybe we should ask Helenia or one of the other soon-to-be second years...

ReputationRep:
    I was going to ask that earlier but I checked most people's details and few joined that early (not to say more haven't dropped out since...)

Maybe we should ask Helenia or one of the other soon-to-be second years...
    To my knowledge...UKL was only formed about a year ago...so i doubt it would've been popular enough to warrant a large gathering. I think...

G

ReputationRep:
    To my knowledge...UKL was only formed about a year ago...so i doubt it would've been popular enough to warrant a large gathering. I think...
    Then we have a duty to future students to set a good example this year

Poll
Favourite type of bread

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.