Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willa)
    so what was your bet helen?
    Erm, that I could get a better blazer than the one my friend had just "borrowed" from a guy at Cindies. I figured CULRC>CUFC (fencing, not football). But we were both hugely pissed, so I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Feeling a bit guilty though - I mistakenly thought the party last night was black tie, and so told the boy to dress accordingly. Unfortunately we arrived to realise all the Clareite men (and other associated extra-collegiate boyfriends) were all in ordinary suits. Given the temperatures and the heaviness of a dress shirt v a normal shirt, he was NOT best pleased with me.

Look at my pretty dress: :love:

ReputationRep:

Nice...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willa)
    we have already warned everyone about proclaiming yourself to be ****ed,screwed,buggered,doomed regarding exams. None of us are in that position, so there is no need to say it. You can say that you havent done much revision, but you can't imply that means you are going to fail in some way!

rules are rules camfo....tisk tisk
    Everyone is ****ed, but some are more ****ed than others...

ReputationRep:
    If we're showing off dresses, can I show you a picture of mine?

It's the one on the right with the fishtail design...I have it in that blue colour too...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FadeToBlackout)

Nice...
    Hehe, nice photoshopping! I didn't realise that the whole picture was on here anywhere though :eek: - thought it was just my cut version. Oh well. Edit: ah yes. Facebook.

However, I'll probably be wearing the purple one to Clare, and my black and pink one from last year to John's. Depending on who else is wearing that one (one of his friends and one of mine both have the same black and pink dress).

Rhi - very pretty I love that colour, wish I could have found something in that which I liked. Which ball are you going to?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    Hehe, nice photoshopping! I didn't realise that the whole picture was on here anywhere though :eek: - thought it was just my cut version. Oh well.

However, I'll probably be wearing the purple one to Clare, and my black and pink one from last year to John's. Depending on who else is wearing that one (one of his friends and one of mine both have the same black and pink dress).

Rhi - very pretty I love that colour, wish I could have found something in that which I liked. Which ball are you going to?
    I'm going to Trinity! So excited

ReputationRep:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programme...ne/4977134.stm

How much of he said do you guys think is true? He talked about "free energy" and "anti-gravity".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Camford)
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programme...ne/4977134.stm

How much of he said do you guys think is true? He talked about "free energy" and "anti-gravity".
    Good timing: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4981720.stm

ReputationRep:
    Argh, I have my first two meetings tonight. College JCR committee meeting at 6:30, and the CUSU LBGT meeting at 8. Plus I have to ready myself to be Angry at CUSU LBGT... could be fun.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xx_ambellina_xx)
    You are so lucky rhi - and I love the dress!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by coldfish)
    Argh, I have my first two meetings tonight. College JCR committee meeting at 6:30, and the CUSU LBGT meeting at 8. Plus I have to ready myself to be Angry at CUSU LBGT... could be fun.
    What do you have to be Angry about?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xx_ambellina_xx)
    I'll see you there then!!!

ReputationRep:
    CUSU Welfare Elections everyone! You know who to vote for (check out the manifestos at http://www.cusu.cam.ac.uk/union/elections/ . Some of them make a really good read - for all the wrong reasons...)

WOOOO!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by visesh)
    You know who to vote for
    do we?

ReputationRep:
    Rhi.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by minimo)
    Rhi.
    Half-right:p:

Rhian!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    What do you have to be Angry about?
    Well, the particular thing is the flyers for the rebranded LBGT night at Life. That and their general inertia.
    I was amazed at just how many committee members there were considering how little seems to get done.

The answer I got, from what I remember, is that the the night is intended to appeal to a certain kind of person, and if I'm not that kind of person then that's my tough luck. I quote "It's about the night, not about you".

Splendid.

My Anger remains.

ReputationRep:
    I voted for the candidate who i thought best suited for the job. Her name did begin with Rhi, for sure :p:

In other news...

Off to the Fitz tomorrow morning for a field trip. yay! Decided that as I'm writing about Renaissance Art, i should really go and see some for real for inspiration.

In other news II...

If you're allowed to plug elections, i can (possibly) plug this show...

Spoiler:
    Show
    Le Misanthrope, Corpus Playroom, Tues- Sat, 7pm, tickets form Arts Theatre box office.

In other news III...

if you go down to the Cam quite soon,
    you'e sure of a big surprise,
    If you go down to the Cam quite soon,
    you may not believe your eyes
    For rowing past
    insanely fast
    there'll be an Eight
    With me going past last
    For Sat's the day I'm coxing an Eight
    on the river...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by coldfish)
    Well, the particular thing is the flyers for the rebranded LBGT night at Life. That and their general inertia.
    I was amazed at just how many committee members there were considering how little seems to get done.

The answer I got, from what I remember, is that the the night is intended to appeal to a certain kind of person, and if I'm not that kind of person then that's my tough luck. I quote "It's about the night, not about you".

Splendid.

My Anger remains.
    what was said about that? did anybody else agree or disagree?

i've got to admit i adore the changes in life, but see what you mean. heh somebody recently told me they love life but it wasn't a club for them, it was a networking opportunity.

ReputationRep:
    ....and on the topic...i found this from years ago!
    http://66.249.93.104/search?q=cache:...k&ct=clnk&cd=1

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    Christ's College Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.