Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willa)
    !! I didn't know steve was there!?

Well done on beating the oxford crew though, I've tried a couple of times now but failed on all occasions :p:
    Yeah, he was coaching his crew from liverpool (google "Steve Redgrave's Liverpool 8" and you'll see what I'm talking about. We ran into him in the enclosure and got him to sign our ticket thingies. One of the Emma boys (I don't know his name) got him to sign his tech top, which I thought was a teeny bit silly. :rolleyes: Was very exciting though.

As for the MIT exchange, I say you should go. If rowing is the only reason you're not going, then I think rowing has taken over your life a little bit too much. There's always 4th year...

ReputationRep:
    yeah i saw some guys with steve redgrave liverpool team on their splashtops, didn't know he was there though.

and you know, you're probably right....there are a few other things holding me back as well, but I have to admit the rowing is the biggest thing holding me back. I guess rowing has been protecting me from any other choices I have had to make in my life...it was all so clear cut: I would either trial again, or be boat club captain. Then I would come back to emma in the summer and row in their first boat. They're both things I am afraid I am definitely going to be wanting to do though, which i can't do in just 4 years if I go to MIT.

what have i let rowing do to me!?

ReputationRep:
    there's far too much boatie talk on here as far as i'm aware! what happened to good old freaking out over exams (not that any of you have to worry i'm sure)
    i finish on the 3rd. i cant wait.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scarlet ibis)
    there's far too much boatie talk on here as far as i'm aware! what happened to good old freaking out over exams (not that any of you have to worry i'm sure)
    i finish on the 3rd. i cant wait.
    We banned that because it was annoying. Seeing as my life currently consists of very little apart from rowing and "working" there's not much else to talk about.

ReputationRep:
    talking about exams is not banned, it's the implying or suggesting that you are going to do badly that is banned.

ReputationRep:
    Go to America don't let the bowties hold you back!

A.

ReputationRep:
    I agree. You can trial in 4th year and hey, if you stay on and do a PhD you can be Emma captain then if it's that important. I really think that the whole MIT experience would be too cool to miss out on.

ReputationRep:
    Plus, massive cv points.

A.

ReputationRep:
    I turned 21 four days ago and I have only just realised that I have turned 21...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Camford)
    I turned 21 four days ago and I have only just realised that I have turn 21...
    Dude I have a present for you lying in my shelf.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by visesh)
    Dude I have a present for you lying in my shelf.
    You do? :bawling: You are the best friend I ever had. :bawling:.

ReputationRep:
    You do? :bawling: You are the best friend I ever had. :bawling:.
    Yes, yes I do. Come round whenever to pick it up, but give me a few minutes to wrap it:p:

ReputationRep:
    Camfo, I knew it was your birthday before you did! Should've reminded you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xx_ambellina_xx)
    Camfo, I knew it was your birthday before you did! Should've reminded you?
    I knew it was my birthday... it's just that it took me 4 days to realise that I have become "old".

ReputationRep:
    I knew it was my birthday... it's just that it took me 4 days to realise that I have become "old".
    In that case I must be old too! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to be really old soon

ReputationRep:
    i'll be 21 in 5 months. well ancient

ReputationRep:
    I'm still 21 and I'm still the youngest person in R&D in London at my company :rolleyes:.

A.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry for invading your thread, but...

which subjects in natsci take part in the MIT exchange? Sounds like a really good opportunity

ReputationRep:
    having read "no definition" the lgbt mag i am now firmly on your side coldfish, what a load of *******s

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.