Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

(Original post by polthegael)
    Can still get you stoned..! *don't* TRY HASH YOGURTS - sneaky and quite potent!

and definitely don't try the fudge

that reminds me

I must bully my friend in to making some (normal) fudge befor he vanishes off to York...

*mouth watering already*

see picture of 3-yr-old fudge!

rosie

ReputationRep:
    *dances for no particular reason*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crana)

see picture of 3-yr-old fudge!
    ick!!!

(Original post by scarlet ibis)
    ick!!!
    sorry! it was nice and fresh when the picture was taken....but the picthre is 3 years old./... i am all in a muddle, it's been a long day... too many fussy patients!

ReputationRep:
    oh i see! sorry! i thought you meant it ahd been hanging around for three years! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    run, squishy, run!
    It wasn't a safe thing to say, was it?

Hehe, just kidding Pol.

oh i see! sorry! i thought you meant it ahd been hanging around for three years! :eek:

he made it for a sort of gig night wehere all our friends in bands played and it was so yummy me and my best mate took a piccy of it.
    #

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crana)
    Passoa party., dude. Be there or be sober!
    *salutes*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crana)
    Passoa party., dude. Be there or be sober!
    Still happening then? Excellent Where, when? And who's buying?

Apparently I met Katie J last week, but didn't realise Such an idiot!

(Original post by Helenia)

well, conditional on the 19th. Where? probably my room. When? around the 3rd of oct. whos buying? me. for the first 2 bottles or so and whatever Pol procures, otherwise, people can bring their own.

i have got a little used set of 12 very nice shot #glasses i imported from france for some random reason (along with a very nice jug, which sadly my gran smashed.. she seems to have some kind of hatred of my things..lol..)

which leads me to think (both for fun/ice breaking and to eke out the passoa).. can anyone suggest any suitably fun drinking games...?

seriously dudes if i get in i will have a mini party in my room (i asked for a cheap one though, you might have to cram in a bit), i mean that. any of you random uklers are invited and ill invite other random people i some how know who will be hanging around - I know a couple of people in your year helen/nicky but I dont think you know *them*.

and then all my real friends will faint in shock that i have actually assembled together a load of people off the internet.. oh well.

Guest List So Far:
    helenia
    madnatsci
    Ainsworth- ?, engineering at Girton- pic
    Androidkiller- Mike, natsci at Trinity
    Beauford- ?, maths at Trinity
    Crana- Rosie, bio natsci at Pembroke- pic en guard! statue molesting best chem set bluehair! les toilettes?
    Curious Orange- Tom, philosophy at Jesus
    Dreamer- ?, bio natsci at Corpus
    Faboba- Duncan, philosophy at Sidney
    Figgetyfig- ?, engineering at St. Catt's
    Fluffstar- Kathy, natsci at Newnham- pic with benny
    Guido- ?, natsci at Christ's
    Gzftan- Geoff, law at Caius- pic avec theycallmemrpig after tidal wave at piano concert
    Joepbeng- Joe, engineering at Pembroke
    Kath- Kath, engineering at New Hall- before ripsaw after ripsaw
    Katie J- Katie, arch and anth at Newnham
    Katiyakat- Katy, geography at Newnham (REMEMBER THE Y!!!!!)
    MentallyIll- ?, arch&anth at Wolfson
    Musicboy- Jacob, music at Robinson
    Naelsa- Selena, classics at Newnham
    Nans- ?, chemical engineering at Churchill
    Ogs- Alex, architecture at Tit Hall
    Pollo Loco- Dan, vetsci at Girton
    Polthegael- Pol, medicine at Girton- pic
    Priya- Priya, mml at Sidney
    Ralfskini- Ralf, bio natsci at Emma- pic
    Scarlet Ibis- Amy (really Amy-Alys), architecture at Selwyn- pic
    Squishy- Simon, Computer Science starting with Phys and maths at Robinson- pic
    The Duck- Tiffany, law at Emma
    Theoffender- Sam, natsci at St. Johns
    Willa- Will, natsci at Emma

Of these people I will be upset if the following do not come:
    Mike, helen, nicky, will (as long as he doesnt make us biologists feel insignificant), Pol, ralf, amy x 2, mentally ill (what is his name?), MB, Duncan... its not that I dont care about the others.. I just havent really spoken to them, so they can be excused coming if they want to.

other random people: kinny, scotty, this girl from pembroke if she wants to come called helen. Tram boy. this girl called rosie who is german. friends from school: hannah, sam, zoe, romana, emma, lauren, dude i cant remember this was all far too long ago. Do I know any other random people who would want to come?

Honorary guest: visesh

Javamsanii/emily isnt on here but she WILL BE COMING because shes a pembroker. Some dude from the schol down the road from me is a pembroker but i cant remember who he is but if i remember he can come.

Anyone I have forgotten?

and dont worry.
    i dont actualky call everyone dudes or hail them with yo in real life.

also: does anyone posess a Tardis? (Mike?)

by the way... I am quite serious about having a party (although i may have drunk all the passoa by then..).. and i hope some of you will come...although it might be better to meet up in a pub or something than attempting to cram into my room... i figure its as good a way to get to know some faces as any... and we can all bring any random people we happen to acquire (tram boy? - i always worry he is atcually on here and really upset with me..) during the day, know already, etc....?

on the other hand, if no one is bothered, ill just sit in my room and drink passoa or something

god i am starting to get really nervous about uni now... i have been avoiding it because i dont know where i am going so its not "concrete" in my mind as a worry if that makes sense... but ... i am not really looking forward to it at all.. my bf left fo uni last year and it was just icky and i dont think its all its cracked up to be.. he ended up leaving after 6 months because he just hated it so much..

blah.

anyone else not really excited? anyone else leaving a boyfriend or girlfriend back at home? anyone else about the entire thing....?

rosie

ps. ill still have the passoa party though

rosie xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crana)
    god i am starting to get really nervous about uni now... i have been avoiding it because i dont know where i am going so its not "concrete" in my mind as a worry if that makes sense... but ... i am not really looking forward to it at all.. my bf left fo uni last year and it was just icky and i dont think its all its cracked up to be.. he ended up leaving after 6 months because he just hated it so much..

blah.

anyone else not really excited? anyone else leaving a boyfriend or girlfriend back at home? anyone else about the entire thing....?
    I'm sorry to hear about your boyfriend... but I promise you will have a fantastic time, honest! Easy for me to say - I know I was horribly nervous about university, especially in the last couple of weeks of September (went to one of those local freshers to be parties and everyone at mine was weird - typical Nicky luck - which put me off the whole idea quite a bit), but you settle in faster than you could possibly imagine.

The workload's a pain but there's so much else going on and so many lovely people that it's hard not to have a good time, unless you lock yourself away in your room all the time (not advised ). You shouldn't have much time to feel homesick during Freshers' Week - I think I had one low, when I woke up on the Sunday morning, which lasted for about half an hour. No time for any more, was FAR too busy having fun In all honesty I have never enjoyed a year as much as I did this last one, for all its stress and work. I'm horrified at the prospect of only having two left Mind you, given my exam results I probably enjoyed myself too much.. but what the hell, it's the first year - it's there to be enjoyed!

Your boyfriend sounds like he was really unlucky. Why did he leave? Was it the course, or the social life, or what?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Squishy)
    I have to check if they do Chinese...I think they do Japanese, but I'm not sure.
    I think they do do mandarin chinese....not too sure about cantonese though.

With regards to the Passoa Party..i should be there...as long as:
    1) I actually get the grades i need
    2) I'm not too in awe of going to cambridge
    3) I don't get lost...i'm really crap at finding my way around
    4) I'm not doing anything with mates from my old school....i think we're all planning to meet up once we're up there if we get in...jsut as a kind of settling thing!

G

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crana)
    Katiyakat- Katy, geography at Newnham (REMEMBER THE Y!!!!!)
    This still makes me laugh .

I am too concerned about the 19th to be worried about Uni yet as I don't know where to worry about! I do have significant niggling concerns however e.g. all those awkward silences which are bound to occur until someone does something stupid, and then everyone has something to talk about . Hmmmm, maybe I'm thinking too much about this.

ReputationRep:
    if i get the grades i'll come and i promise not to degrade biology (just for that evening though ). I wont be participating in any of the drinking games though, because I don't drink. Well, I drink occasionally - so I guess it just depends how I feel on the night. All I care is you play some funky music. *dances to funky music*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katiyakat)
    If we both get the grades, Geoff and I will be meeting up for a hot chocolate (yey for non-sophistication!) near where we live, so I'll be there, Crana if I don't come away from that particular meeting with a 'never again' feeling . Just kidding Geoff deary, and I'm sure I've met you somewhere in my life before anyway. Oh and I meant to tell you - Arvind came into Subway the other day!. Ah the GS memories...
    Nothing wrong with hot chocolate!!! Although...if the weather persists as it has been doing so far....then i might actually change and go for something cold!! Although it's been raining today!!!!

Arvind eh?? Were you in his GS set then? I think i met Cerys/Carys?? on sunday...she said she was going to reading with nat too...i'm assuming you know her then!

G

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willla2)
    if i get the grades i'll come and i promise not to degrade biology (just for that evening though ). I wont be participating in any of the drinking games though, because I don't drink. Well, I drink occasionally - so I guess it just depends how I feel on the night. All I care is you play some funky music. *dances to funky music*
    Play that funky music white boy!!!

No racism here..just out-of-tune singing

G

ReputationRep:
    Well I probably won't be able to come to this year's one (drama performance), but you will be having another one next year right?
    And even if I don't get in, you're all staying to help with interviews right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)

He he!

Don't worry about it, I think it may have been quite wierd if either of us had said anything anyway! Need to go pack my tent up properly now it's dry, it had taken over the living room!

(Original post by MadNatSci)
    I'm sorry to hear about your boyfriend... but I promise you will have a fantastic time, honest! Easy for me to say - I know I was horribly nervous about university, especially in the last couple of weeks of September (went to one of those local freshers to be parties and everyone at mine was weird - typical Nicky luck - which put me off the whole idea quite a bit), but you settle in faster than you could possibly imagine.

The workload's a pain but there's so much else going on and so many lovely people that it's hard not to have a good time, unless you lock yourself away in your room all the time (not advised ). You shouldn't have much time to feel homesick during Freshers' Week - I think I had one low, when I woke up on the Sunday morning, which lasted for about half an hour. No time for any more, was FAR too busy having fun In all honesty I have never enjoyed a year as much as I did this last one, for all its stress and work. I'm horrified at the prospect of only having two left Mind you, given my exam results I probably enjoyed myself too much.. but what the hell, it's the first year - it's there to be enjoyed!

Your boyfriend sounds like he was really unlucky. Why did he leave? Was it the course, or the social life, or what?
    He hated the course, it was really badly organised.. he couldn't cope with the work, missed loads from being ill (I think he kept being ill because he was so stressed out about it all, kind of..so a bit of a vicious cycle) and couldn't catch up.. had some really annoying flatmates.. missed out on all of frshers week etc because he was in bed throwing up.. so found it harder to make friends..and found most of the social life was trying to pull random minging people in cheesy clubs..

I guess not all of this will apply to me... but

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crana)
    He hated the course, it was really badly organised.. he couldn't cope with the work, missed loads from being ill (I think he kept being ill because he was so stressed out about it all, kind of..so a bit of a vicious cycle) and couldn't catch up.. had some really annoying flatmates.. missed out on all of frshers week etc because he was in bed throwing up.. so found it harder to make friends..and found most of the social life was trying to pull random minging people in cheesy clubs..

I guess not all of this will apply to me... but
    You're fine, honest. The course is well-organised (even the crappier lecturers are organised), I doubt you'll have annoying people near you (but if you do there are plenty of nice people, and if the worst comes to the worst and you can't stand it any more, college *will* let you move). My social life is mostly people's rooms (minds out of gutter, we're talking tea here) or pubs, lol. I hate clubs! I think being ill in Freshers' Week probably made it much worse for him - try not to do that...!

At the end of the day - if you find you're not enjoying it, for whatever reason, you'll have a tutor you can talk to (or other tutors, or the college's Pastoral Dean, or a student welfare officer). Your college won't want you to leave so they'll do their best to make sure things get better if they're bad! Pastoral care at Cambridge is pretty superb in my experience, and I HAVE tested it somewhat - at least as far as my college goes, but I'm sure it will be as good at all of them. There were three people who dropped out in my year at Sidney. All of them are returning (they've degraded rather than dropping out) and none of the reasons was to do with disliking college life. In fact one degraded just before exams because she'd had such a good time she thought she was going to fail... (this is not euphemistic either: trust me, she HAD had a good time, hehe ) And the other two left for personal reasons unconnected with college. You'll be fine But I'll shut up now, because I'm sure it wouldn't have made me any less nervous either; just rest assured that nerves (and in my case, sheer terror in the last few days before coming up) are perfectly normal!

PS
    (Original post by crana)
    can anyone suggest any suitably fun drinking games...?
    We usually resort to Drinking Black Books...

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.