Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crana)
    POL IS MORE INTELLIGENT THAN ANYONE IN THE WHOLE WORLD!!!!!!!!!!
    Not quite true, but thanks for the compliment! :rolleyes:

(Original post by polthegael)
    Not quite true, but thanks for the compliment! :rolleyes:

i love the "quite"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crana)
    i love the "quite"
    I meant it to sound as vainly modest as possible..!

ReputationRep:
    I bet you still got an A though..!
    A*

Dunno how i managed it though.....i swear i got about 2/13 for the lathe question in the exam!! And..i drew a diagram for a stepladder...with steps 10cm apart.....how silly!! Only leprechauns have feet that small!!!!!!!!

G

ReputationRep:
    WAHEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Finally...after weeks and weeks...probably months of moaning about not having the student loan thing back yet...guess what just popped through my letterbox......yes..that's right...MY STUDENT LOAN THINGY!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm happy

G

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gzftan)
    WAHEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Finally...after weeks and weeks...probably months of moaning about not having the student loan thing back yet...guess what just popped through my letterbox......yes..that's right...MY STUDENT LOAN THINGY!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm happy

G
    Same here, they're finally getting their act together. I can get almost £5000 off them for next year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katie J)
    Your ancient fields story brings back painfull (yet strangly happy) memories from last summer's training excavation! Spent at least two hours on my knees in trench battering my knuckles to pieces looking for 'buried soil'! What did I learn? All soil in one area looks the exactly the same however old and that my trowel & sticky clay do not get on! Some of the photos on the various websites involving the Wessex trip seem a bit crazy...people hugging/climbing standing stones & the like! :cool:

Had a phone call today from the local HSBC bank asking me lots of seemingly pointless questions (why do they need to know how I think my exams went and what I studied!?) and apparently they still offer the 5-year railcards but only up until the end of August. I've already filled in my bank details on the financial forms which will be different when I open a student account...wonder if that matters if I'm keeping the other ones anyway?
    there are photos? where? arggh!! ha, yeah, i suppose if studying archaeology teaches you anything it's that archaeology does not involve digging up treasure

legally you can't have more than one student bank account (because of all the interest-free borrowing, i suppose) although i know plenty of people who do! i had to put my old bank account on my loan form and then change it using the form from the SLC once i'd got a student bank account. i managed to hand that into the haddon library with all my bank details on (i was using it as a bookmark). i'd advise against that

the first payment is by cheque anyway so you can pay that into your new student account then change your details so the lent term's payment goes straight into your new account

phew! heh.

ReputationRep:
    I have a friend who knows lots of girls (about 5, at least!) who went to college with him and then went to do a foundation course in Bournemouth to gain entry to that sort of thing at Winchester.

They all seem nice people and, if they have talents in that area, then good on them. Padraig Mac Piarais said, upon being confronted with a parent saying that his child was good for nothing but playing the tin whistle, "buy him a tin whistle". If it's good enough for Pearse, it's certainly good enough for me! Nevertheless, I still think that the average dude doing anything at Oxbridge is going to be more intelligent than your average Winchester Art student.
    Yeah, I can see what you're saying & I agree, really. I think I was trying to say that it's not fair to judge everyone who isn't doing an academic course as being less intelligent than people at Oxbridge.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amateurish)
    I think I was trying to say that it's not fair to judge everyone who isn't doing an academic course as being less intelligent than people at Oxbridge.
    *cough* Prince Charles.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Squishy)
    Same here, they're finally getting their act together. I can get almost £5000 off them for next year.
    5 Grand!! Nice!!! Did you go for income assessed then??

Also..do you remember something about sending in the financial assessment to the college??? Will that come later??

G

ReputationRep:
    5 Grand!! Nice!!! Did you go for income assessed then??

Also..do you remember something about sending in the financial assessment to the college??? Will that come later??

G
    Yup...I was too late for non-income-assessed anyway. I was waiting to fill it out online, but then I finally gave up and printed off the paper forms. Good thing I did, 'cause I'd still be waiting otherwise.

I haven't heard anything from college about my financial situation. I'm assuming they're waiting until after results to send me stuff about that. Although they did send me summer work to do, so they must be anticipating my arrival. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Yup...I was too late for non-income-assessed anyway. I was waiting to fill it out online, but then I finally gave up and printed off the paper forms. Good thing I did, 'cause I'd still be waiting otherwise.

I haven't heard anything from college about my financial situation. I'm assuming they're waiting until after results to send me stuff about that. Although they did send me summer work to do, so they must be anticipating my arrival. :rolleyes:
    Ah..fair enough....my college sent me a letter back in feb saying that i need to send them a copy of my 'financial assessment' for eligibility for student loan..and thus most of the fees being paid for me.....

I think MadNatSci tol me they send them and its quite obvious they are....cos it says Financial Assessment on it.....MadNatSci...can you clarify?? I've forgotten

G

ReputationRep:
    how comes most of you guys seem capable of getting extra money on top of the basic loan? 5 grand seems to suggest your parents are on the minimum wage or something? My parents arent that well off, but I still don't qualify for any additional money or support!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willla2)
    how comes most of you guys seem capable of getting extra money on top of the basic loan? 5 grand seems to suggest your parents are on the minimum wage or something? My parents arent that well off, but I still don't qualify for any additional money or support!
    I'm not getting 5 grand...my parents earn too much...i'm getting the basic £3070...i assume you're getting the same as me

G

ReputationRep:
    you assumed correctly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willla2)
    you assumed correctly.
    Good good.....glad i didn't make an ASS out of U and ME.....

Ignore me....i'm tired

G

ReputationRep:
    I'm getting £4095 plus £858 Dependants' Grant. My mum's an accountant, so she knows how to declare as little of her earnings as possible, but in all honesty, she doesn't earn much.

ReputationRep:
    I'm getting £4095 plus £858 Dependants' Grant. My mum's an accountant, so she knows how to declare as little of her earnings as possible, but in all honesty, she doesn't earn much.
    Mmmmmmmmmmmoney!!!

G

ReputationRep:
    Mmmmmmmmmmmoney!!!

G
    Well, I have to pay it all back, so it's not exactly free.

ReputationRep:
    Well, I have to pay it all back, so it's not exactly free.
    Paying back....that doesn't happen for another 3 years Squishy!!! Short term......mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmo ney

G

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.