The Student Room Logo
This thread is closed

Cambridge Chat (previously New Cambridge Students Entry 2004)

Reply 2480
nope, word is they only get 4 days to know your results. But they don't really need that much time, it doesnt take a comptuer long to check who has made the grade and who hasnt.
gzftan
Hmmmm..i'd love to have my results back on tuesday....it would mean i could get on and prepare for uni(as long as i get the grades)....as opposed to sitting here waiting for another week!

*sigh*

G

yeah that would be so cool! it the waiting thats worse than anything!
Reply 2482
just think, this time next week, our colleges have our results - GRRRRIIRIRHAWDIAWD i wanna know AS WELL!
Reply 2483
Willla2
just think, this time next week, our colleges have our results - GRRRRIIRIRHAWDIAWD i wanna know AS WELL!

do they find out on Sunday?
Reply 2484
scarlet ibis
yeah that would be so cool! it the waiting thats worse than anything!

Oh yeah! Like Willa said....unis will know soon! :frown:

Waiting is evil!!! Patience might be a virtue..but it's damned annoying!! :mad:

G
gzftan
Ah well...i suppose they expect everyone to make the grades anyway. I checked out the stats for law..and i think about 10% of law offers given don't actually get places due to failing to meet grades....and that percentage is getting less every year...so hopefully..we're all in the majority that get the grades! :smile:

G

ooh where did you find that? i wonder what the stats are for architecture?
Reply 2486
what would be a really good statistic is the average UMS score of people who miss their grades from BEFORE the final exams. Because do you think it's only people who are close to the grade boundaries that just miss, or do people who are sitting pretty with 90% of the marks available to them so far end up blowing it all and getting two D's or something and just missing the grades?

I believe that before these exams I was in a comfortable position, but I'm still dead scared.
Reply 2487
scarlet ibis
ooh where did you find that? i wonder what the stats are for architecture?

Hold on..it'll be in my history...lemme re open the site and get the link

http://www.cam.ac.uk/cambuniv/undergrad/statistics/subjects.html

There ya go!

G
Reply 2488
Willla2
I believe that before these exams I was in a comfortable position, but I'm still dead scared.

Same here..i essentially needed BBC in this years exams to get the grades overall....and while getting less than 212 (highest mark i need from this years subjects) seems unfathomable....there's that nagging what if in my head....:frown:

G
Reply 2489
ach, 75 people didnt get in for natural science, and in my college 10 people failed the meet their grades out of all the subjects. That's 6.6%!!!! I'm so scared!

But of course statstics mean nought when it comes to individual cases!
Reply 2490
Willla2
what would be a really good statistic is the average UMS score of people who miss their grades from BEFORE the final exams. Because do you think it's only people who are close to the grade boundaries that just miss, or do people who are sitting pretty with 90% of the marks available to them so far end up blowing it all and getting two D's or something and just missing the grades?

That would be an interesting statistic but, since Cam are not allowed to ask for UMS marks anymore apparently, it's unlikely to happen. I'd say that it was probably more people near the boundaries who miss, because anyone with a Cam offer is gonna work hard to make sure they achieve it I would expect.

I'm really really nervous about it too!
Reply 2491
Willla2
ach, 75 people didnt get in for natural science, and in my college 10 people failed the meet their grades out of all the subjects. That's 6.6%!!!! I'm so scared!

But of course statstics mean nought when it comes to individual cases!

Yeah...true....but the statistics say we'll all probably get the grades....i think....i did mechanics :frown:

G
Reply 2492
i think i needed: 86/200 from maths, 100/200 from further maths, 115/210 from physics and 116/210 from chemistry to just meet the A grade boundary. God forbid I get anywhere as low as that. I'm aiming for good A's in everything, but there are still a couple of exams I am really beginning to worry about.
Reply 2493
musicman
That would be an interesting statistic but, since Cam are not allowed to ask for UMS marks anymore apparently, it's unlikely to happen. I'd say that it was probably more people near the boundaries who miss, because anyone with a Cam offer is gonna work hard to make sure they achieve it I would expect.

I'm really really nervous about it too!

Have i put you on the member's list at the front of the thread?? If i have..remind me..which college???

G
gzftan
Hold on..it'll be in my history...lemme re open the site and get the link

http://www.cam.ac.uk/cambuniv/undergrad/statistics/subjects.html

There ya go!

G

aww thanks! :smile: about 12% get offers but dont get places... :frown: it might not all be because they missed their grades tho... *tries to think of reason why you would get an offer from cambridge but not get a place, other than grades :confused: *
Reply 2495
Willla2
i think i needed: 86/200 from maths, 100/200 from further maths, 115/210 from physics and 116/210 from chemistry to just meet the A grade boundary. God forbid I get anywhere as low as that. I'm aiming for good A's in everything, but there are still a couple of exams I am really beginning to worry about.

Ha! You've got nothing to worry about then!! About 50% in everything is needed for you..i need 70 in two of them! :frown:

G
Reply 2496
scarlet ibis
aww thanks! :smile: about 12% get offers but dont get places... :frown: it might not all be because they missed their grades tho... *tries to think of reason why you would get an offer from cambridge but not get a place, other than grades :confused: *

Accidental death by tea cosy?
Reply 2497
scarlet ibis

I can't think of any other reason...i jsut looked at the college one for Caius...3/154 people with offers didn't get a place in 2002..if its the same this year..hopefully i won't be one of the 3! :eek:

G
Reply 2498
Willla2
Accidental death by tea cosy?

That's always a possibility! Damned tea cosies!!!!

G
Reply 2499
you know there were 14 tea-cosy related injuries in the uk alone last year! That's 14 people significantly injured....by a tea cosy!

Latest