Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ASNaC)
    In Latin you could not use the imperative in this case, because the imperative must have an object - i.e. you must order someone. More general commands which are suggestive of desire, such as 'let there be light' take the jussive subjunctive (in other cases often either subjunctive or imperative may be used, the imperative carrying a stronger sense of obligation).
    Makes sense. Thanks.

well... i have been at work today.. then i went to pick up my bf... and now he is sleeping :rolleyes: and i am now getting my stuff together for going to cambridge tomorrow (why couldnt i go after results? damn college) and puzzling oer a strange whistlong noise

ReputationRep:
    Rosie, your...boyfriend's...band's...ra p...is...hilarious...!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crana)
    well... i have been at work today.. then i went to pick up my bf... and now he is sleeping :rolleyes: and i am now getting my stuff together for going to cambridge tomorrow (why couldnt i go after results? damn college) and puzzling oer a strange whistlong noise
    What are you doing in Cam? I thought I was the only one who would be around here over the summer...

(Original post by ASNaC)
    What are you doing in Cam? I thought I was the only one who would be around here over the summer...
    i have to go down for a meeting with some people at the college to sort some stuff out.. and we're going to make it into a bit of a day out

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crana)
    i have to go down for a meeting with some people at the college to sort some stuff out.. and we're going to make it into a bit of a day out
    Ah okay. Have a great time - hopefully it won't rain like it did today (though thankfully it had stopped by the time I got off work).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crana)
    U SKANKED ME OUT B!TCH :mad:

ReputationRep:
    AAAAAAAaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. ...i missed the esperanto learning session!!!!

I don't have a pic of my desk i'm afraid....don't have a digicam.

G

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gzftan)
    AAAAAAAaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. ...i missed the esperanto learning session!!!!

I don't have a pic of my desk i'm afraid....don't have a digicam.

G
    Ne gravas! We should start a secret UKL club where we only speak in Esperanto.

ReputationRep:
    i'd need to get hold of an esperanto dictionary for that, I dont know all the roots off by heart.

ReputationRep:
    why would you want to learn esperanto?

MB

ReputationRep:
    because then you could converse in ways people just dont understand! HOW ELITIST IS THAT!

ReputationRep:
    sorry for being thick, but what's esperanto? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    it is a language invented nearly 200 years ago. It was supposed to be a second language for everyone, sort of a universal language. It's REALLY easy to learn the basics, because there arent any irregulars. Yesterday I sat down for 30 mins and learnt the basics, and now I can read simple sentances with no problem with a dictionary available. You should learn it, it's really easy!

ReputationRep:
    God...we really are that bored aren't we...learning esperanto!!

Anyways...some help needed...unfortunately its about the financial assessment thingy again...so feel free to ignore me if you're getting bored of my posts about it.

I got the 3 copies of my financial assessment thing back today...WAHEY!...however....on mine..under 'Assessment Status'......it says 'Not financially assessed' and yet on the attached sheet..it says that it should be either Final or Provisional

Is this because i went for Non-income assessed???

Anyone know anything about it???

G

ReputationRep:
    yes its cos you were non-income assessed, ignore it. As long as it says you're getting for 3000 quid then thats all you need to care about

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willla2)
    yes its cos you were non-income assessed, ignore it. As long as it says you're getting for 3000 quid then thats all you need to care about
    Phew..that's ok then!! Was getting worried there for a minute!!

Cheers

G

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willla2)
    it is a language invented nearly 200 years ago. It was supposed to be a second language for everyone, sort of a universal language. It's REALLY easy to learn the basics, because there arent any irregulars. Yesterday I sat down for 30 mins and learnt the basics, and now I can read simple sentances with no problem with a dictionary available. You should learn it, it's really easy!

where did you learn the basics from? I want to learn now.

MB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by musicboy)
    where did you learn the basics from? I want to learn now.

MB
    yes, it would be interesting to learn! and i like the idea about setting up a UKL Esperanto Society! we could befuddle everyone by putting that in our sigs and refusing to talk in anything else!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scarlet ibis)
    yes, it would be interesting to learn! and i like the idea about setting up a UKL Esperanto Society! we could befuddle everyone by putting that in our sigs and refusing to talk in anything else!
    Wow...that'd be cool!!!! Might seem a bit elitist..bit i reckon it'd be fun!

G

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.