Cambridge Chat (previously New Cambridge Students Entry 2004)

Watch
This discussion is closed.
gzftan
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
(Original post by Fluffstar)
thanks morale officer!
Hmmmm..methinks i'm gonna have my work cut out for me this week....especially in my own head!!!!

G
Fluffstar
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by gzftan)
Hmmmm..methinks i'm gonna have my work cut out for me this week....especially in my own head!!!!

G
I know tell me about it. Whats worse is knowing about the 'open offers' because it means even if i just miss my grade i won't get in!
ah wellies we can but wait.
want the results now dammit!!
guess we all need to chill out a bit. It doesn't help that I work at my school/college, and being there just makes me think of all the exams and stuff!
Retailtherapy is good though...but I havn't got paid yet!!
priya
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I know tell me about it. Whats worse is knowing about the 'open offers' because it means even if i just miss my grade i won't get in!
guess we all need to chill out a bit. It doesn't help that I work at my school/college, and being there just makes me think of all the exams and stuff!
you work at your college?! :confused: :eek: what do you do? and more importantly, how have you not declined into insanity yet?
gzftan
Rep:
?
Same here.....I WANT MY RESULTS NOOOOOOWWWWW!!!!!

I don't like shopping..so retail therapy isn't an option i'm afraid....however..the cricket is back on tomorrow..that hopefully will take me through to Monday unscathed!

G
The Albatross
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Same here.....I WANT MY RESULTS NOOOOOOWWWWW!!!!!

I don't like shopping..so retail therapy isn't an option i'm afraid....however..the cricket is back on tomorrow..that hopefully will take me through to Monday unscathed!

G
yay
i like watching cricket now you (amongst others) have explained it to me!
gzftan
Rep:
?
(Original post by scarlet ibis)
yay
i like watching cricket now you (amongst others) have explained it to me!
And that was a marvellous thread!!

See...five whole days of something to think about other than results...all i need now is something to do on tuesday and i'm set!

G
musicbloke
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
!

I thought they only had open offers at ox. Maybe i'm wrong.

MB
gzftan
Rep:
?
(Original post by musicboy)
I thought they only had open offers at ox. Maybe i'm wrong.

MB
Open offers....rings a bell...someone enlighten me please??

G
The Albatross
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
And that was a marvellous thread!!

See...five whole days of something to think about other than results...all i need now is something to do on tuesday and i'm set!

G
i hope we smash the Windies again! GO FLINTOFF!

it was a fun thread! most people who tried to explain it got themselves muddled!
Counterpoint
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Helllllooo to you too...

Gzftan... I wasn't interviewed by Dr. Ford... I had Abulaffiah and two other ones... erm, some American bloke, the expert in US history... and he managed to grill me over Kennedy, and how i'd twisted truths in my personal statement about the true extent of my reading around...

Hehe, what course you goin for at cambridge?

You like cricket? Niiiice ! I love it... in fact ive just ordered my "MRF GENIUS LIMITED EDITION" bat... and I hope we see some great batting from Chanderpaul, Lara, Sarwan, and Freddyboy...

Oh the grace of Lara!
gzftan
Rep:
?
i hope we smash the Windies again! GO FLINTOFF!

it was a fun thread! most people who tried to explain it got themselves muddled!
I'm backing Giles to shine with the ball again.....and strauss with the bat..and freddie of course to do a bit of both .......i look forward to seeing the little red ball fly over the rope time and time again while freddie's batting!

G
The Albatross
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
G-
I couldn't find counterpoint in the first post.

Everyone's course and college are up there btw, aleem!
gzftan
Rep:
?
(Original post by Counterpoint)
Helllllooo to you too...

Gzftan... I wasn't interviewed by Dr. Ford... I had Abulaffiah and two other ones... erm, some American bloke, the expert in US history... and he managed to grill me over Kennedy, and how i'd twisted truths in my personal statement about the true extent of my reading around...

Hehe, what course you goin for at cambridge?

You like cricket? Niiiice ! I love it... in fact ive just ordered my "MRF GENIUS LIMITED EDITION" bat... and I hope we see some great batting from Chanderpaul, Lara, Sarwan, and Freddyboy...

Oh the grace of Lara!
I'm hopefully gonna be studying law....i hope i can still say that in one week and 2 days time!!

Do you want me to add you to the first post??

And yes..love cricket!! Haven't played much in school cos once the teams are estabished...its really hard to break into them cos the coaches are quite: 'this is my squad....that's it!'....but i do love the game. I'll be looking to play on a fun level at Caius

G
Counterpoint
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Haha, ahhh I don't care who wins, so long as we see a great game hehe...

That, and a whole lot of film music, will get me through the days...

Lets see whats next on the list... Indiana jones... or Braveheart... mmm we'll ave some Braveheart now methinks...
The Albatross
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Counterpoint)
Haha, ahhh I don't care who wins, so long as we see a great game hehe...

That, and a whole lot of film music, will get me through the days...

Lets see whats next on the list... Indiana jones... or Braveheart... mmm we'll ave some Braveheart now methinks...
talking of film music, i just love the LOTR music anyone else?
gzftan
Rep:
?
talking of film music, i just love the LOTR music anyone else?
YES!!! It's brilliant!!!!!! So suspenseful and engaging..brilliant!! I've been meaning to get the soundtrack....but i might wait and see if i can get it cheap somewhere!

Aleem..i'm gonna add to you to the first post...if you want me to take you down..then just let me know

G
ASNaC
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
G-
I couldn't find counterpoint in the first post.

Everyone's course and college are up there btw, aleem!
Oldthrashbarg isn't there either - I don't know his real name, but he is off to John's to study Anglo-Saxon, Norse and Celtic.
gzftan
Rep:
?
(Original post by ASNaC)
Oldthrashbarg isn't there either - I don't know his real name, but he is off to John's to study Anglo-Saxon, Norse and Celtic.
I shall bung him on as well then..cheers

G
Counterpoint
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Thanks...

Aleem Iqbal - History at Fitzwilliam... hopefully. I'm from Middlesbrough... an up-north lad hehe...
The Albatross
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
YES!!! It's brilliant!!!!!! So suspenseful and engaging..brilliant!! I've been meaning to get the soundtrack....but i might wait and see if i can get it cheap somewhere!

Aleem..i'm gonna add to you to the first post...if you want me to take you down..then just let me know

G
is suspenseful a word? i want to get the soundtrack too. does it come as three separate soundtracks, or one big one? actually... silly question, they'd get more money by making 3 :rolleyes:
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your firm and insurance uni choices yet?

Yes (99)
54.1%
Yes, but I want to swap them (14)
7.65%
No, but I know who I want to choose (18)
9.84%
No, I still don't know who I want to choose (45)
24.59%
I have decided I don't want to go to uni anymore and will not be choosing (7)
3.83%

Watched Threads