Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Counterpoint)
    Thanks...

Aleem Iqbal - History at Fitzwilliam... hopefully. I'm from Middlesbrough... an up-north lad hehe...
    Already done my man!

G

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scarlet ibis)
    is suspenseful a word? i want to get the soundtrack too. does it come as three separate soundtracks, or one big one? actually... silly question, they'd get more money by making 3 :rolleyes:
    Is it not a word??? :confused:

Yeah..there are 3 separate ones too.....i'll get all of them eventually...gotta think about budgetting though...like the ad says..SMART PEOPLE....BUDGET!!!!

G

ReputationRep:
    It is a word as far as I know.

ReputationRep:
    it just sounds strange! maybe its me... :rolleyes:

i just looked on amazon... you can get them all for £15.99!

ReputationRep:
    it just sounds strange! maybe its me... :rolleyes:
    Fine..well..just for you....it's full of suspense!!

I think i'll stick with suspenseful though

G

ReputationRep:
    I think you can get the normal release... which I've heard is much better than the re-release. The re-release has the dialogue intermingled with the score itself, and apparently not-so-good cues added...

Amazing score tho...

ReputationRep:
    I think you can get the normal release... which I've heard is much better than the re-release. The re-release has the dialogue intermingled with the score itself, and apparently not-so-good cues added...

Amazing score tho...
    The Harry Potter one isn't bad either.....but not as good as LOTR....

And no..this doesn't mean i've watched the Harry Potter films!!!......only the first one.....

G

ReputationRep:
    Hehe. yeah potter worked real good within the film; nice themetune too...

And now after the death of my favourite composer (ever), I only really wait upon James Horner, or John Williams to deliver the goods... althout some good new talent should soon come through...

You ain't heard nothin until you heard "Rudy" and "Star Trek; TMP" themes... hehe...

The new War of the Worlds film shud be good... Spielberg and Williams collaborating... again!

ReputationRep:
    Who did Amelie? the score for that was amazing!

ReputationRep:
    Who did Amelie? the score for that was amazing!

the accordian music got on my nerves for a while. As did the film.

MB

ReputationRep:
    :eek: Blasphemer! First Sibelius, now Amelie... Go and stand in the corner!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by musicboy)
    the accordian music got on my nerves for a while. As did the film.

MB

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
    :mad:

Amelie is one of the best films I have seen for a long time!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MadNatSci)
    :eek: Blasphemer! First Sibelius, now Amelie... Go and stand in the corner!

*stands in the corner feeling sorry for himself*

The film was quite good. It just seemed to stretch out for ever at the end. Maybe i'm just not the romantic type

MB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by musicboy)
    I thought they only had open offers at ox. Maybe i'm wrong.

MB
    I thought that too but someone told me otherwise. That said i havn't seen anyone on here with one and you'd expect to find at least one (or someone who knows of one) don't you think?

ReputationRep:
    I don't wanna sound like thick as a plank but... is an open offer the same as an "unconditional offer?" ...

**EDIT**

I just realised that I subconciously wrote "thick as a plank," must have been from Fluffstar's sig... I've never used that expression before... crazy eh !

ReputationRep:
    Nooo... it isn't. An Open Offer, as it's given out at Oxford, is where they guarantee you a place at one of the colleges provided you make your grades, but they don't specify which one. I'm pretty sure Cambridge doesn't make them. I've never ever heard of it here anyway!

ReputationRep:
    I don't wanna sound like a thick plank but... is an open offer the same as an "unconditional offer?" ...
    no. An open offer is where the university offer you a place, but don't give you a specific college. The colleges make more offers than places, knowing that people don't make the grade. Then if someone with an open offer does make the grade, they get your place.

Basically it means that if you just miss you're grades you stand less of a chance of getting in by begging and pleading for your place!
    ...not that thats going to happen to us lot though
    EDIT : ...what she said. (must learn to be more succinct/type faster...)

ReputationRep:
    Ah rite; din't know anyone did that but... nice; I suppose it would be a bit discomfortin for ya if u dint even know exactly where you were goin hehe.

ReputationRep:
    Ah rite; din't know anyone did that but... nice; I suppose it would be a bit discomfortin for ya if u dint even know exactly where you were goin hehe.
    Meh - some people think it's exiting. (weirdos)

Yeh im going on the consensus that Cambridge doesn't do open offers. Much nicer .

Better start writing my "please please nice admissions tutor let me in!! im good enough really i am..."

ReputationRep:
    Awwwww you'll be FINE I'm sending out good results vibes for you all!

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.