Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    bahahahaaa yeah!
    our school had a big band that played jazz music and stuff. there were 4 singers and they all sucked - but i didnt do music so i couldnt be in it *pout*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gzftan)
    Lol.....how would that work exactly then????
    Imagine playing leapfrog...with a frog...and you don't quite manage to leap over him, and...oh, never mind.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fluffstar)
    bahahahaaa yeah!
    our school had a big band that played jazz music and stuff. there were 4 singers and they all sucked - but i didnt do music so i couldnt be in it *pout*
    That's a bit rude!!! Just cos you didn't do music.....never mind...we'll show them....we'll show them all!!!! muahahahha!!

G

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Squishy)
    Imagine playing leapfrog...with a frog...and you don't quite manage to leap over him, and...oh, never mind.
    Oh dear.......oh dear.....

G

ReputationRep:
    bahahahaaa yeah!
    You mean you had to study music to be let in the band?

ReputationRep:
    gross gross gross gross gross!! how do you sleep at night?!

ReputationRep:
    You mean you had to study music to be let in the band?
    yep was crap. it was like a little "elite music club" and they went on tour to spain and france. so unfair! i'd got a distinction at gr8 and all! bunch of goons.

ReputationRep:
    Judging by what he's written..if he's thinking about it.....with a big smile on his face....:eek:

G

ReputationRep:
    yep was crap. it was like a little "elite music club" and they went on tour to spain and france. so unfair! i'd got a distinction at gr8 and all! bunch of goons.
    What did you get it in..singing???

G

ReputationRep:
    What did you get it in..singing???

G
    yup. but then it is pretty easy. i didnt need to pass any theory exams to take the grade like you do for ABRSM or Trinity. No sight reading either (woo!)

ReputationRep:
    yup. but then it is pretty easy. i didnt need to pass any theory exams to take the grade like you do for ABRSM or Trinity. No sight reading either (woo!)
    Wow...i'm sure you were marvellous nonetheless....sightreading on piano and the theory exams were the bane of my life!!!

G

ReputationRep:
    Wow...i'm sure you were marvellous nonetheless....sightreading on piano and the theory exams were the bane of my life!!!

G
    yup tis why i gave up piano - completely flunked my gr2 exam. said to the examiner "sorry i suck at this, can we move on?"

ReputationRep:
    See, you're not that bad at singing. Actually, our school has to be a little bit more enlightened because most of the best musicians don't actually study Music at A-level (although music scholars are forced to take the GCSE), so they'd be a bit stuffed if they only let music students into the bands.

Without a frog, if that's what you were thinking.

Judging by what he's written..if he's thinking about it.....with a big smile on his face....:eek:

G
    If you're ever unfortunate enough to meet me in person, the first thing you'll realise about me is my very strange sense of humour...

ReputationRep:
    yup tis why i gave up piano - completely flunked my gr2 exam. said to the examiner "sorry i suck at this, can we move on?"
    Lol...what was the examiner's reaction???....i reckon i'd have sniggered...no offence.....its just one of those things you don't expect someone to turn around and say to you...

G

ReputationRep:
    See, you're not that bad at singing. Actually, our school has to be a little bit more enlightened because most of the best musicians don't actually study Music at A-level (although music scholars are forced to take the GCSE), so they'd be a bit stuffed if they only let music students into the bands.

Without a frog, if that's what you were thinking.

If you're ever unfortunate enough to meet me in person, the first thing you'll realise about me is my very strange sense of humour...
    nowt wrong with a strange sense of humour - better than all the sarcastic chandler wannabe's at my college

ReputationRep:
    Lol..i think we're getting the basics of it at the moment

Btw- is that your pic on your user profile???

G

ReputationRep:
    Ughh, Chandler was such an annoying character! Most of the Friends characters were.

Btw- is that your pic on your user profile???
    Yes, 'tis. However, it's about 3 years old, although I haven't changed much since then (apart from facial hair). Are we going to see a pic of you?

ReputationRep:
    Ughh, Chandler was such an annoying character! Most of the Friends characters were.

Yes, 'tis. However, it's about 3 years old, although I haven't changed much since then (apart from facial hair).
    Lol...chinese??

I was always more of a Frasier person.....never got into Friends with all the hype that surrounded it.

G

ReputationRep:
    Are we going to see a pic of you?
    A pic of me hey....i dunno...i'm reasonably wary of posting my pic on the internet..but i might..lets see if other people will do it first..then i might be tempted to

G

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I'm Chinese (British nationality though - made university forms more comfortable). Also, my accent is very English, so some people are kind of surprised.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.