Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gzftan)
    My parents have got better as i've got older...they used to read all my mail though!

G
    Well now you can ask for mail to be sent to you at university instead.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Squishy)
    I could correct that, but I think it proves my point :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Well now you can ask for mail to be sent to you at university instead.
    Just need to get in now!!! [fingers crossed]!!!!!!

G

ReputationRep:
    Just need to get in now!!! [fingers crossed]!!!!!!

G
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUU UUGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!

...frustration vented.
    Damn I'm so glad I've been working. I would have gone insane had I been at home all day!!

ReputationRep:
    Lol yeah proper worried now... 4 days left.

Well I got pooled so one morning the postman delivered the letter - my mum naturally opened it... we're pakistani, and she came to england fairly late in her life, so she can't read english very well... but she got the jist of it... then she woke me up and called me downstairs...

i read the first sentence "we regret to inform you..." and i just threw the thing on the floor and went back to sleep... i thought it was a rejection; turns out it was saying that i was pooled...

then i got 3 more interviews at two more colleges... one day in college i get a phonecall from mum, and she goes she's got the letter in her hand and she'll try to read it for me... she doesn't read very well so it took about 20 minutes for her to say the first sentence which was somethin like...

"sorry that selwyn cudnt accept ya" and i thought CRAP ! and then she - apparently she'd asked someone in the street to read and explain the letter to her - told me that "i am glad to inform you that your application to read history at fitzwilliam was successful." and i was proper jumpin about in college, pingin off all the walls, and all my friends were huddled around the phone proper waitin for my mum to hurry up her readin...

i've had too tough a time wit this already to fail now lol... i hope there's no administrative screw-ups or dramatic incidents as i open my envelope...

ARGH SO WORRIED !

(Original post by MadNatSci)
    You could even Oxford-bash in Esperanto. Although that would spoil the fun somewhat since they wouldn't know you were doing it

Katie - god, I'd be hugely excited if I saw one of my lecturers / DOSs mentioned in a paper or online site, or, most excitingly, the television...!! Tis not sad in the slightest! *sigh* I live in hope yet

i looked up one of mine in the cambridge website and it actually had more hits for, i think it was the maintenance man at newhall or osmething who had the same name... heheh

(Original post by visesh)
    Top 5
    gzftan 574
    crana 287
    Acaila 280
    polthegael 256
    Fluffstar 254

oh god
    kill me now

(Original post by Helenia)
    Hehe, I know them too! Well, sort of by proxy - hear a lot about them from my friend who was on the same dissection table. Weird stuff :eek:

Mind you, today I was typing a letter (I'm a medical secretary, woo! ) about a 17 year old girl who was, and I quote directly "desperate to get pregnant." Why, why, why?
    did you see in the papers a little while back about a sexual health clinic that had had several under-16s approach them about having IVF done...? they were saying they think it is quite a big problem!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crana)
    oh god
    kill me now
    Rosie - Kill the rich! Burn their houses! Be unpleasant to their spouses! says:
    i feel very sad
    for having posted that mcuh!

gzftan/fluffstar wut dya think she thinks about you????

ReputationRep:
    i feel very sad
    for having posted that mcuh!

...That we really, really like this thread?
    I don't mind really. I'm only on here in the evenings. (...and early in the mornings, clearly...)It's not like I sit here all day like I used to!!
    Also crana - think how many posts you make when having a real-time conversation - you know, all those one-line posts. It's not like you're typing 270-or-so essays is it?

EDIT: WAAAUGH!! Cam get our results today!!! *cries* Its on the UKL Homepage at the bottom!

They knowww....they knoww....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fluffstar)
    EDIT: WAAAUGH!! Cam get our results today!!! *cries* Its on the UKL Homepage at the bottom!

They knowww....they knoww....
    Mwahahahaha...the feeling of helplessness. Knowing that they have your fate in their hands, and there's absolutely nothing you can do about it except wait paralysed with fear.

Oh well, I'm off to watch Shrek on DVD.

ReputationRep:
    Meh.....i know.....i post too much....that's what comes of having nothing better to with your time

G

ReputationRep:
    Mwahahahaha...the feeling of helplessness. Knowing that they have your fate in their hands, and there's absolutely nothing you can do about it except wait paralysed with fear.

Oh well, I'm off to watch Shrek on DVD.
    Do you know the muffin man???

G

ReputationRep:

G
    Why yes.

ReputationRep:
    argh help me, i've got my first ever hangover.......urgh i feel so lightheaded and crap.......i'm not drinking like that again!!!

(Original post by Willla2)
    argh help me, i've got my first ever hangover.......urgh i feel so lightheaded and crap.......i'm not drinking like that again!!!
    have some painkillers and lots of water and any random vitamins you find lying around... and try and have a nap.. and you will soon feel so much better

if you can remember to force yourself to drink a huge glass of water and take some vitamins before yo go to bed after drinking you can often stave off a hangover (dont do this if you really are going to be unconcious though or you might piss yourself...)

and be thankful, it could be much, much worse

ReputationRep:

G
    The muffin man?

pia-pia-piano! piano, piano!

ReputationRep:
    Not musicman dear

(Original post by Acaila)
    Not musicman dear
    but he can play!

what can he play?

he plays the bagpipes...

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    Christ's College Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.