Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by musicboy)
    I haven't seen nemo either.

MB
    OMG!!! What is it with all the non-nemo watchers!!!!!???? Ok....everyone has to watch nemo, shrek and monsters inc.....it's an unwritten law!!!!!!

G

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gzftan)
    OMG!!! What is it with all the non-nemo watchers!!!!!???? Ok....everyone has to watch nemo, shrek and monsters inc.....it's an unwritten law!!!!!!

G
    I was forced to watch shrek on my way back from venice (I had nothing more to listen to as i'd got through the whole ring ccyclae,beethoven symphs and mahler symphonies. I didn't like it. I haven't seen monsters inc either.

MB

ReputationRep:
    I was forced to watch shrek on my way back from venice (I had nothing more to listen to as i'd got through the whole ring ccyclae,beethoven symphs and mahler symphonies. I didn't like it. I haven't seen monsters inc either.

MB
    You didn't like shrek?!!!?!? :confused:

How odd!

G

ReputationRep:
    You didn't like shrek?!!!?!? :confused:

How odd!

G
    why is that odd. The thing is there wasn't that much to like/dislike so I felt i'd wasted my time a bit.

MB

ReputationRep:
    why is that odd. The thing is there wasn't that much to like/dislike so I felt i'd wasted my time a bit.

MB
    Nah...it's just that you're one of the few people i've heard of who dislike it.....most people love it! you are obviously the exception to the rule

G

ReputationRep:
    Nemo was ok... coupla good bits... overall a decent viewing...

Shrek was eversogood - although I'm not a big fan of pre-made songs acting as "musical score" - that should have been a full-orchestral affair... but thats jus me haha...

"Shrek? Is that you?"
    *puss licking its balls *"For you baby, I can be."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Counterpoint)
    Nemo was ok... coupla good bits... overall a decent viewing...

Shrek was eversogood - although I'm not a big fan of pre-made songs acting as "musical score" - that should have been a full-orchestral affair... but thats jus me haha...

"Shrek? Is that you?"
    *puss licking its balls *"For you baby, I can be."
    Ah...haven't seen shrek 2 yet..been meaning to...but just never got around to it.

G

hello its jst me..

now I know this sounds like whne people get a disappointment and they try and pretend they are actually really happy about it.. but I went to cam last week.. and im going off it somewhat, it just doesnt seem as nice as it did the 1st time - it doesnt feel like a place where i "fit in" it all seems very highbrow and stuff, it feels quite different to nottingham..

i even missed the rude boys a bit

also i was quite scared by learning quite how many hours a week i have lectures, practicals, supervisions etc etc/.. :| and thats *before* i do any work..

i am looking forward to the passoa party (i invited my friend today by the way, sam-at-queens) but that's about it for cambridge, to be honest i think id be just as happy if not more so at nottingham.. its full of scummy midlanders just like me.. (well, the uni isnt, the uni is full of oxbridge rejects from the sarf )

so yeah, ive decided i dont really mind particularly what thursday brings anymore. i mnot worried about it. i just have a detached interest in how things went now... i dont think ill mind, really, if i miss my grades for cam... I will still come down & stay with my friend Sam & have passoa with you guys... but yeah...

Im sure I had something else to tell you dudes but I cant remember what it was now...?!

rosie

oh, and i havent seen shrek eitehr. but i have seen findinh nemo & monsters inc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crana)
    oh, and i havent seen shrek eitehr. but i have seen findinh nemo & monsters inc
    Maybe you feel like you're going off cambridge cos it's empty?? Going up there during the summer hols...it's bound to feel less like a uni and more like just a little town since there's no-one about except the people who normally live there.

I'd imagine that once everyone's up there...during freshers week....all the students will be back..and it'll be really fun and lively...and you'll think it's a wonderful place!

G

Maybe you feel like you're going off cambridge cos it's empty?? Going up there during the summer hols...it's bound to feel less like a uni and more like just a little town since there's no-one about except the people who normally live there.

I'd imagine that once everyone's up there...during freshers week....all the students will be back..and it'll be really fun and lively...and you'll think it's a wonderful place!

G
    no when i have been there before it was pretty devoid of students.. just before the town seemed really nice and now it doesnt... i dunno i hope you are right

ps. also one of my enemies Pervy Luke was at nottingham last time i looked. doing architecture so i guess he;d be there a while.... so i guess thats one reason to AVOID!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crana)
    also i was quite scared by learning quite how many hours a week i have lectures, practicals, supervisions etc etc/.. :| and thats *before* i do any work..
    Hmm, sorry - I probably made it out to be worse than it is. It's not that bad, honest - it's hard work, yep, but you have plenty of time for a life (The odd looks are true and common though)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crana)
    no when i have been there before it was pretty devoid of students.. just before the town seemed really nice and now it doesnt... i dunno i hope you are right

ps. also one of my enemies Pervy Luke was at nottingham last time i looked. doing architecture so i guess he;d be there a while.... so i guess thats one reason to AVOID!
    Lol.....maybe it's just the results strain on you..i think that absolutely everyone is feeling it. I've even found myself contemplating going through clearing....something i'd never have even entertained for a split second previously...but as thursday edges nearer and nearer.....

G

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MadNatSci)
    Hmm, sorry - I probably made it out to be worse than it is. It's not that bad, honest - it's hard work, yep, but you have plenty of time for a life (The odd looks are true and common though)
    Odd looks....??

Does that mean people give you odd looks...or people in cambridge have odd looks???

G

well.. i went on wednesday and we had to go through how many hours id have and whatever..

and it is quite a lot

by the way, do you know anything about the practicals for QB? they weren't in the list thingy, it just said they had them (computery practicals) but not how many hours they were.. for some reason..

11 hrs lectures
    4hrs supervisions
    8 hrs practicals
    2.5 hours practicals (averaging 5hrs of chemistry every other week)
    plus unknown QB... bah! and thats before i even do any actual work!

rosie

Lol.....maybe it's just the results strain on you..i think that absolutely everyone is feeling it. I've even found myself contemplating going through clearing....something i'd never have even entertained for a split second previously...but as thursday edges nearer and nearer.....

G

seriously dude i dont feel stressed about results. i am not generally a person who gets wound up about stuff like that... i dunno.

Good news:

i scored loads of freestuff in town today
    i also got a pink hoodie which i had a dream i should have (i lost my blue one at schooL! sniff)
    um
    i got some Glow in the dark Window Outliner ofr 9p i ave not really got a clue what it is but it looked fun.

and work rang me wanting me to come in tomororw....... more money! wahey!

rosie

trying ito plan something for results night..,,, not feeling very inspired!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crana)
    well.. i went on wednesday and we had to go through how many hours id have and whatever..

and it is quite a lot

by the way, do you know anything about the practicals for QB? they weren't in the list thingy, it just said they had them (computery practicals) but not how many hours they were.. for some reason..

11 hrs lectures
    4hrs supervisions
    8 hrs practicals

rosie
    An hour and a quarter of pure boredom. They're not all practicals - you have some computer practicals (with a few assessed practicals through the year - they're mostly as easy as pie though, don't worry) and some examples classes. I may have skived a few examples classes

edit: oh and the chemistry NEVER takes 5 hours. I loved chemistry pracs for the simple reason that as soon as you finished you could bugger off home - my record was 2pm but several people finished earlier on some occasions!

OK, I admit it, natscis don't really work at all, it's just a con

An hour and a quarter of pure boredom. They're not all practicals - you have some computer practicals (with a few assessed practicals through the year - they're mostly as easy as pie though, don't worry) and some examples classes. I may have skived a few examples classes
    ah, ok.
    do the examples classes count in the hour-and-1/4 ? or are they extra?

bloody stats, eh

rosie

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crana)

and it is quite a lot

11 hrs lectures
    4hrs supervisions
    8 hrs practicals

rosie
    Hmmmm..that does sound a lot....but it's what...5 hours a day with free weekends....

So if you start at 9 in the morning (which apparently freshers invariably always do)...then you'll be out in time for lunch and FREEEEEEEEEE!!!

Also....you'll probably have loads of fun actually in lectures and practicals and stuff.....if it's anything like lab work was at A-level...then you can chat most of the time

G

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crana)
    seriously dude i dont feel stressed about results. i am not generally a person who gets wound up about stuff like that... i dunno.

Good news:

i scored loads of freestuff in town today
    i also got a pink hoodie which i had a dream i should have (i lost my blue one at schooL! sniff)
    um
    i got some Glow in the dark Window Outliner ofr 9p i ave not really got a clue what it is but it looked fun.

and work rang me wanting me to come in tomororw....... more money! wahey!

rosie

trying ito plan something for results night..,,, not feeling very inspired!
    Well..maybe it's just that not knowing where you're going to be in october has just unsettled you slightly?? I dunno

On the other stuff...hoodie!! GOOD!!! pink.....not so good....but i'll let you off that one

G

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.