Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crana)
    ah, ok.
    do the examples classes count in the hour-and-1/4 ? or are they extra?

bloody stats, eh

rosie
    Yep, they're part of the hour and 1/4. Computer pracs and examples classes pretty much alternate week by week.

Word to the wise: take a blunt instrument so you can attack the computer when Mathcad goes down. Good stress reliever. (seriously the computer program they use is utter unmentionable)

(Original post by gzftan)
    Hmmmm..that does sound a lot....but it's what...5 hours a day with free weekends....

So if you start at 9 in the morning (which apparently freshers invariably always do)...then you'll be out in time for lunch and FREEEEEEEEEE!!!

Also....you'll probably have loads of fun actually in lectures and practicals and stuff.....if it's anything like lab work was at A-level...then you can chat most of the time

G

nope sadly weekends arent free - have lectures on Saturdays..

also how the hell do you work that out, 5 hours a day starting at 9, even with absolutely now breaks between them and having to teleport betwwn lectures, you wouldnt finish till 3! thats not lunch time, dammit!

rosie <== grouchy.

Well..maybe it's just that not knowing where you're going to be in october has just unsettled you slightly?? I dunno

On the other stuff...hoodie!! GOOD!!! pink.....not so good....but i'll let you off that one

G
    Yeah gebnerally i am not big on pink but where I shop you have to take what you can get eh

and its a very cheery colour i have to say. although i couldnt wear it today as i am wearing jeans that are like a ver y subdued pink and it looked all wrong

dad is going to germany tomororw to get passoa!

(Original post by MadNatSci)
    Yep, they're part of the hour and 1/4. Computer pracs and examples classes pretty much alternate week by week.

Word to the wise: take a blunt instrument so you can attack the computer when Mathcad goes down. Good stress reliever. (seriously the computer program they use is utter unmentionable)
    you're making it sound so incredibly appealing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crana)
    nope sadly weekends arent free - have lectures on Saturdays..

also how the hell do you work that out, 5 hours a day starting at 9, even with absolutely now breaks between them and having to teleport betwwn lectures, you wouldnt finish till 3! thats not lunch time, dammit!

rosie <== grouchy.
    Hmmmmm..i added up to get 25 hours a week....5 days....5 hours per day?? Where did i go wrong..*checks back*.....nope..still came up with 25 hours of work a week. That makes 4 a day (if we include sats).......which means start at nine.....finish by 1?? Before it was finishing at 2....but you're right....i neglected breaks.

Anyways..it won't be solid sessions anyway...more like one block in the morning...one in the afternoon.....with a massive break in the middle.

G

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crana)
    you're making it sound so incredibly appealing
    That's because it is!!!!!!!!!Or will be!!!!!!!

G

ReputationRep:
    You didn't like shrek?!!!?!? :confused:

How odd!

G
    You weren't on an NYO trip by anychance were you?

Hmmmmm..i added up to get 25 hours a week....5 days....5 hours per day?? Where did i go wrong..*checks back*.....nope..still came up with 25 hours of work a week. That makes 4 a day (if we include sats).......which means start at nine.....finish by 1?? Before it was finishing at 2....but you're right....i neglected breaks.

Anyways..it won't be solid sessions anyway...more like one block in the morning...one in the afternoon.....with a massive break in the middle.

G
    bah, you;re right, i ont know where 3 came from.

their timetableing is awnk though, for last year i would have had at least one lecture finishing at the same time or after the other one starts. maybe they DO expect us to teleport.....? and other times you have like 5 mins between lectures that are really far apart. i mean what is up with it...!?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by visesh)
    You weren't on an NYO trip by anychance were you?
    No i wasn't.....i know someone in the NYO though...are you in it??? And what's this got to do with Shrek??? :confused:

G

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crana)
    bah, you;re right, i ont know where 3 came from.

their timetableing is awnk though, for last year i would have had at least one lecture finishing at the same time or after the other one starts. maybe they DO expect us to teleport.....? and other times you have like 5 mins between lectures that are really far apart. i mean what is up with it...!?
    Ah...don't worry about it....i don't even know what mine is gonna be like yet...but seeing as its law i'd imagine it's gonna be pretty hectic!!! And don't get me started on writing 2 essays a week :eek: Up to cambridge standard!! Not your 5minutes on the bus jobbies either!!!! :eek:

G

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crana)
    maybe they DO expect us to teleport.....? and other times you have like 5 mins between lectures that are really far apart. i mean what is up with it...!?
    They basically do expect you to teleport, or just miss the first few minutes of the lecture. Lectures aren't the most important part of most courses so this shouldn't worry you too much.

Ah...don't worry about it....i don't even know what mine is gonna be like yet...but seeing as its law i'd imagine it's gonna be pretty hectic!!! And don't get me started on writing 2 essays a week :eek: Up to cambridge standard!! Not your 5minutes on the bus jobbies either!!!! :eek:

G
    thats rather antisocial, isnt it? doesn't it offend other passengers?

anyway ill have 2 lectures AND chemistry AND maths. so NERRRRRRRRRRr

G

anyway ill have 2 essays AND chemistry AND maths. so NERRRRRRRRRRr

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crana)

Lol.....we can compare when we all get in and love the place in october!!!!!

G

Lol.....we can compare when we all get in and love the place in october!!!!!

G
    no, ill go through Clearing to paisley and come on and boast about how i have 1/2 hour of contact time a week and the reat of the time i do colouring in and drink

rosie

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    No i wasn't.....i know someone in the NYO though...are you in it??? And what's this got to do with Shrek??? :confused:

G
    whoops meant to quote MB (he said someything about Venice).

Alas I'm not musically talented, but ALL my friends are :rolleyes: . I have started the guitar 2 weeks ago if that counts .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crana)
    no, ill go through Clearing to paisley and come on and boast about how i have 1/2 hour of contact time a week and the reat of the time i do colouring in and drink

rosie
    Lol.....are other unis really like that??? Hmmmmm......y'know....now i think about it.....TVU doesn't sound so bad!!

Btw- no offence to TVU..i'm sure you're a lovely uni!

G

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by visesh)
    whoops meant to quote MB (he said someything about Venice).

Alas I'm not musically talented, but ALL my friends are :rolleyes: . I have started the guitar 2 weeks ago if that counts .
    Ah..fair enough.....i was gonna go and ask my friend about shrek for a minute there!!!

G

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crana)

I am sure that you will agree that that is my job my dear .

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.