Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

(Original post by visesh)
    Alas I'm not musically talented, but ALL my friends are :rolleyes:.
    does that mean im not your friend?

*note to everyone "all my friends" actually means naomi who he fancies who is in NYO *

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crana)
    does that mean im not your friend?

*note to everyone "all my friends" actually means naomi who he fancies who is in NYO *
    biatch. I also mean partick, ollie, martin, matt, and doddy

EDIT:
    I would call you a friend if your sister and brother didnt think i resemble Ainsley :rolleyes:

biatch. I also mean partick, ollie, martin, matt, and doddy
    you fancy them all too? i had no idea

EdiT: its hardly my faulty what my uncontrollable siblings do! anyway, ive disowned them!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crana)
    you fancy them all too? i had no idea
    course i do. only reason u r not on the list is cos of ur ginger dude

course i do. only reason u r not on the list is cos of ur ginger dude
    i thought you meant my brother then. he has actually DYED HIS HAIR GINGER ON PURPOSE............

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crana)
    i thought you meant my brother then. he has actually DYED HIS HAIR GINGER ON PURPOSE............

I've blocked him, so send me a pic THIS I GOTTA SEE!

ReputationRep:
    nemo nemo nemo!

50 hours until results, not feeling so frustrated with the waiting now!

ReputationRep:
    yeeeeek :eek:

anyways back to animations - i love Shrek, its so funny! Shrek 2 wasn't as good, but still hilarious. The soundtrack is the best bit tho! i love 'hallelujah' from shrek (1),and that pretenders song - i'm on my way...!
    i liked nemo too, but i haven't seen monsters inc! i thick we should def have an animated film fest at our passoa party!

ReputationRep:
    Proclaimers dear not Pretenders

ReputationRep:
    lol oops thats what i meant :rolleyes: and i have the soundtrack :rolleyes: i just tired i think

ReputationRep:
    S'alright I know the feeling.

Proclaimers rule hehe "I would walk 500 miles and I would walk five hundred more.......daDAda daDAda daDAda daDAda"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scarlet ibis)

anyways back to animations - i love Shrek, its so funny! Shrek 2 wasn't as good, but still hilarious. The soundtrack is the best bit tho! i love 'hallelujah' from shrek (1),and that pretenders song - i'm on my way...!
    I assume you mean "Hallelujah" by Jeff Buckley Tis indeed a beautiful song.

Nooooo! Not the 500 miles song!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    its lovely! even better than Leonard Cohen's original i think

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scarlet ibis)
    its lovely! even better than Leonard Cohen's original i think
    being better than leonard cohen isn't exactly hard. He sings so flat (out of tune). Also his songs are so dull like avalanche etc.

MB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)

Nooooo! Not the 500 miles song!
    Yep..wonderful song....so haunting and beautiful

And the 500 miles song....that's the one from the ad isn't it??

Willa- i think i know what you mean....i've been waiting so long 50 hours seems minimal in comparison....i still wanna know though!!!!

G

ReputationRep:
    OOoh good ole Jeff..

Say, are there any "indie kids" (haha) around going to Cam? Believe me, I use that phrase with disdain, but I'm lazy and it's easier than saying.."people who like indie/rock/alternative music" Music is v. important to me, so I'm asking out of curiousity (not snobbery)

Also..Reading anyone? Lineup is rather crap this year sadly...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lucerna)
    OOoh good ole Jeff..

Say, are there any "indie kids" (haha) around going to Cam? Believe me, I use that phrase with disdain, but I'm lazy and it's easier than saying.."people who like indie/rock/alternative music" Music is v. important to me, so I'm asking out of curiousity (not snobbery)

Also..Reading anyone? Lineup is rather crap this year sadly...

Hmm at the risk of sound too 'indie' (why that word really? it's the stigma it carries that scares me!) I'm more into that kind of music than any other, but I'm being completely honest when I say I'll listen to most stuff! I was worried about this too, I'm not musical myself but I really love it, of all kinds! The Thrills are playing in Cambridge in November, that cheered me up a bit! I don't think I'd mind so much if it wasn't that my insurance uni is so famous for attracting bands!

I wanted to get day tickets for Leeds but my friends convinced me one musical festival (not including local stuff...Brecon Jazz etc!) is enough for one summer! Besides, nothing could compare to T in the Park's line up!! :cool:

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't classify myself as an outright indie kid....but i do generally listen to rock...although i listen to almost every type of rock and love them all

G

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katie J)
    The Thrills are playing in Cambridge in November, that cheered me up a bit!
    Cambridge does seem to get the odd good band up there, which is nice. One of my fav bands, Seachange, played up there recently..I'm taking it as a good sign.

You can never go to too many festivals

ReputationRep:
    Cambridge does seem to get the odd good band up there, which is nice. One of my fav bands, Seachange, played up there recently..I'm taking it as a good sign.

You can never go to too many festivals
    The corn exchange is the main venue apparently. They have ben fold five and marron 5 playing there sometime later this year. And i think they have BRMC back in feb/march??

G

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.