Cambridge Chat (previously New Cambridge Students Entry 2004)

Watch
This discussion is closed.
The Albatross
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
i dont think i would call myself and indie kid, but i do like that kind of music! i'd love to hear the thrills play!
i think the Corn Exchange had Starsailor sometime recently as well! they definately get some good bands!
gzftan
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
(Original post by scarlet ibis)
i dont think i would call myself and indie kid, but i do like that kind of music! i'd love to hear the thrills play!
i think the Corn Exchange had Starsailor sometime recently as well! they definately get some good bands!
Cool...i love starsailor....though i haven't really heard their latest album....i love their old one though...love is here. Good souls is a brilliant song!

G
beauford
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Corn Exchange has got Ben Folds in november, he's an incredible act, especially live, i'm going to see him whether i get into cam or not!
gzftan
Rep:
?
(Original post by beauford)
Corn Exchange has got Ben Folds in november, he's an incredible act, especially live, i'm going to see him whether i get into cam or not!
Cool..my friends love him...i've never really listened to his stuff though

G
beauford
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by gzftan)
Cool..my friends love him...i've never really listened to his stuff though

G
He's awesome, you should listen to 'Rockin The Suburbs' or 'Army' or 'One Angry Dwarf and 200 Solemn Faces' they're all awesome tracks. I havn't got a ticket yet, looks like it's going to be eBay or last minute hunting :rolleyes:
gzftan
Rep:
?
He's awesome, you should listen to 'Rockin The Suburbs' or 'Army' or 'One Angry Dwarf and 200 Solemn Faces' they're all awesome tracks. I havn't got a ticket yet, looks like it's going to be eBay or last minute hunting :rolleyes:
I think he's already sold out...so you might have to pay extortionate prices for it

G
beauford
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I think he's already sold out...so you might have to pay extortionate prices for it

G
Yeah i couldn't believe i missed the tickets becoming available! I'm not bothered about paying anything shy of 30-40 quid for a good seat though, it'll be worth it...
Poc ar buile
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Fluffstar)
what does passionfruit taste like? is it kind of melony?

i feel so uncultured...
I actually have a bottle of Melon (and cactus) passoa as well (but can't be sure any of that one will remain by October!)

Hello again everyone... I was trying to go through the posts on this thread... Think it'll take me forever!

gzftan
Rep:
?
Yeah i couldn't believe i missed the tickets becoming available! I'm not bothered about paying anything shy of 30-40 quid for a good seat though, it'll be worth it...
Yeah....i hope that if we get in...there are loads of great bands and acts playing there during out time.....would be so cool

G
lucerna
Report 15 years ago
Bloody hell, the corn exchange is a bit expensive. I balk having to pay £13 even in london..but most of the tickets are 15 and over. Hmm.

Crowded house is playing..I used to worship them Not for £26.50 though.
beauford
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Yeah....i hope that if we get in...there are loads of great bands and acts playing there during out time.....would be so cool

G
Well even if they don't, i'm plannig on making infrequent trips to london to see bands/meet up with friends.
gzftan
Rep:
?
(Original post by polthegael)
I actually have a bottle of Melon (and cactus) passoa as well (but can't be sure any of that one will remain by October!)

Hello again everyone... I was trying to go through the posts on this thread... Think it'll take me forever!

Hey..you're back!!!

Good to have you back Pol....how was the trip?

G
beauford
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by lucerna)
Bloody hell, the corn exchange is a bit expensive. I balk having to pay £13 even in london..but most of the tickets are 15 and over. Hmm.

Crowded house is playing..I used to worship them Not for £26.50 though.
You're lucky you can even see acts I paid 15 quid to go see muse at MEN, but the journey took 3 hours! There's no decent acts within travelling distance of me really (silly lake district)
Poc ar buile
Report 15 years ago
Hello Lucerna... Not another bloody Pompey person..!

I'm feeling outnumbered here :rolleyes:
gzftan
Rep:
?
Well even if they don't, i'm plannig on making infrequent trips to london to see bands/meet up with friends.
If i ever get round to getting an HSBC account with free railcard..then i will too....but i always forget..and i can't be bothered atm

G
lucerna
Report 15 years ago

G
Hasn't sold out yet..go to the corn exchange website and click on oct i think it is.
beauford
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Hasn't old out yet..go to the corn exchange website and click on oct i think it is.
He hasn't? Maybe it's just the really shoddy seats left...
lucerna
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by polthegael)
Hello Lucerna... Not another bloody Pompey person..!

I'm feeling outnumbered here :rolleyes:
There's more? I thought it was just fluffstar? Gosh. I'm not sure why there are so many of us..I'll be the first to admit pompey's a bit of a dump, don't worry :s

ETA: Aaah you're from Southampton. That would explain things :P Not that it actally bothers me, I'm not much of a pompey supporter. Southampton seems to get all the better gigs to start with *sulk*
gzftan
Rep:
?
Hasn't sold out yet..go to the corn exchange website and click on oct i think it is.
Really....wow...beauford...go on....quickly!!!!!!!

G
Poc ar buile
Report 15 years ago
Hey..you're back!!!

Good to have you back Pol....how was the trip?

G
Trip was bouncy, thanks...

I'm off out now - I think I'll be on all afternoon reading posts though! Did Amy get in? I saw her AAAAA title, so I guessed that she did
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you're planning on going to uni this year, would any of these financial reasons stop you?

Not being able to work now to save up for uni (92)
13.94%
Reduced household income due to coronavirus means I can't afford to go (54)
8.18%
Lack of part-time jobs to support me while I'm at uni (85)
12.88%
Lack of graduate job prospects when I finish uni (79)
11.97%
Other reasons are stopping me going (84)
12.73%
Nothing is stopping me going (266)
40.3%

Watched Threads