Turn on thread page Beta

(Original post by gzftan)
    Whoooooo!!!!!!!!! Hopefully my biology exam went as well as i answered that one....if i don't make the grade...it'll be biology which brings me down.

G
    i didnt even know you did biology. cheater!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crana)
    i didnt even know you did biology. cheater!
    Hehehe....yeah i did biology...just hope i get an A now

G

Hehehe....yeah i did biology...just hope i get an A now

G
    with your knowledge of histones you will go a long way

compared to me who made up large proportons of my bio papers

still, i managed to get a bit from Forensic Detectives in my Bio AEA. that made me happy (i watch it pretty often with my mum & dad. we're swotting up to help plan the perfect murder. but now if i ever did kill someone i'd be a nervous wreck thinking of all the ways they could catch me..)

Oh yeah.

Tell me I'm not stupid - human anti-serum (used in a test to see if a stain or whatever is human blood) IS an antibody... right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crana)
    Tell me I'm not stupid - human anti-serum (used in a test to see if a stain or whatever is human blood) IS an antibody... right?
    Sorry..i don't know....

G

can you tell why my biology teachers hated me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crana)
    can you tell why my biology teachers hated me
    Nope..nothing to hate

G

Nope..nothing to hate

G
    im a nitpicker... i dirve myself mad.. so what it must be like for others... well :rolleyes:

i got officially banned from asking any questions in biology last year..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crana)
    im a nitpicker... i dirve myself mad.. so what it must be like for others... well :rolleyes:

Lol..nothing wrong with asking questions....they only banned you cos the teachers don't know the answers themselves!!!

G

Lol..nothing wrong with asking questions....they only banned you cos the teachers don't know the answers themselves!!!

G
    they did come up with some rather startling statements that i feel would have rocked the world of biology on its foundations if published..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crana)
    why dont they just wait until they are slightly older and get an A.....? ah well *am just jealous at being upstaged by 5-year-olds*

rosie
    Like 26..?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crana)
    i managed to get a bit from Forensic Detectives in my Bio AEA. that made me happy
    I hated my AEA. It's the only exam I ever failed to get the top available mark in. I wrote off to complain. They sent my paper back. I got 80% on the essays but they marked the short answers really harshly and I got about 30% on that.

I just copied large sections of Campbell and Begon out from memory on the essays. I was well pissed off when I had a bad mark on one for writing about DDD in a lake in America (I forget the names after all this time!). It was put in at like 0.7 ppm and ended up at 1600ppm in the fatty tissue of the grebe which all started dying off. The examiner said it should have been DDT. I even wrote were I took the quote from but they never looked it up (obviously) and just assumed I was wrong which really made me quite angry! :mad:

Edit: Looked it up I got 82% on one essay, 78% on other and UNDER 30% on short answers. When I showed paper to my teacher she said she would have marked loads of it as correct but the examiners wanted certain words in certain orders and stuff like that.. :mad: Most other collegeshad extra lessons for it but I was the only one at my college doing it and I never bothered to look into it.. I still got a merit though because of my essays

I guess you can say tomorrow what you got (though not the actual marks unless you send off for them!), but what do you think you got on your AEA Biology?

It was my Physics teacher who had the real issue with me asking questions he couldn't answer! That and my chemistry teacher (evening class) told me not to worry about stuff because A level is so easy and no real knowledge or understanding is required!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crana)

A soul mate! If you want we could try to set the ginger guy up with Katie

(Original post by polthegael)
    I hated my AEA. It's the only exam I ever failed to get the top available mark in.
    show off (only joking)

I guess you can say tomorrow what you got (though not the actual marks unless you send off for them!), but what do you think you got on your AEA Biology?
    if anything, a merit... its hard to say because like you said they mark them a bit weirdly. i am 99% sure i have nothing on the chemistry one.. lol

ReputationRep:
    I just copied large sections of Campbell and Begon out from memory on the essays. I was well pissed off when I had a bad mark on one for writing about DDD in a lake in America (I forget the names after all this time!). It was put in at like 0.7 ppm and ended up at 1600ppm in the fatty tissue of the grebe which all started dying off. The examiner said it should have been DDT. I even wrote were I took the quote from but they never looked it up (obviously) and just assumed I was wrong which really made me quite angry! :mad:

DDT is like me: A lipophile.

MB

(Original post by musicboy)
    DDT is like me: A lipophile.

MB
    i think Pol would join you in that catagory

pol - i had to write an essay on an applicatoin of g.engineering to agriculture in one o fmy bio exams.. i didnt like the one we did at school so i wrote about a different one id just read about in my textbook (ahem, revision was rather last minute)

only i forgot the name of the crucial enzyme so I made one up

sadly that's goodbye to my QWC mark. but i think/hope it was similar enough that they understood what i was on about.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone actually have any AEA's included in their offer??? Just wondering

G

G
    I have 2 offers: i can get in with either AAAB or AAA + merit

my friends is AAA + Distinction - Harsh!! - guess which college...?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crana)
    I have 2 offers: i can get in with either AAAB or AAA + merit

my friends is AAA + Distinction - Harsh!! - guess which college...?
    Christs?

G

Christs?

G

got it in one
    (i thinki may have actually told you this before. but anyway. well done )

ReputationRep:

G
    i am just being a numpty :rolleyes: , but can anyone explain what AEAs are? I didn't do biology and am feeling confused :confused:

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    Christ's College Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.