Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scarlet ibis)
    my sentiments exactly

i have been at work all day, and what have you lot been doing? dscussing the absorbency of tampons... :rolleyes:
    Hey, it's my day off, I can talk about it if I want.

Ooh, tampon-related pranks! I wish I'd done something like that for the last day of school.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Squishy)
    Hey, it's my day off, I can talk about it if I want.

Ooh, tampon-related pranks! I wish I'd done something like that for the last day of school.
    lol
    there was one time, ages ago, when my friend threw a tampon at a student teacher, in a history lesson. i think we were in about year 8. it was hilarious! he didn't know what to do with it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -laura-)
    Errm..

I originally had an offer from Christs to read natural sciences.
    they wanted AAAAB...

I got AAAAC, by 4 marks. pleh, wasnt much of a suprise because i knew exactly how badly further maths had gone. (i spent the whole of my last exam staring at the wall in front of me, haha..)

So i was put in the summer pool, and now I'm going to St Catherines.

I've started counting down the days
    AAAAB?!

That is one big fat ouch of an offer!! Makes my AAA seem insignificant!!
    Well done And welcome to the thread! I'm Kathy and I'm a Natsci too! I'll be doing Physics, Geology, MMS and the easy maths option
    Wat you doing?

christs offers are stinky, my friend eas offered AAA + Distinction

She got AAAA + Merit + 100% in physics AS and already had an A in history AS

and they still rejected her..

she's now going to homerton though

ReputationRep:
    welcome here... AAAAB offer? Wow! well done!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crana)

Christ on a bike!!!
    ...pardon the pun

Meh - we all get the same degree at the end!
    I've got a huge pic of Newnham in the snow as my desktop background...sooooo exited!!!!

(Original post by Fluffstar)
    Christ on a bike!!!
    ...pardon the pun

Meh - we all get the same degree at the end!
    I've got a huge pic of Newnham in the snow as my desktop background...sooooo exited!!!!

frankly im terrified!

also , i have taken over our spare room as mine b/c i sleep much better in there (double bed, comfier, and its cooler etc).....

and now what do i find

some dude is mobving in with us and i have to vacate

i am worried this is just my dads trial run for when i move out (it came as a great surprise to my mum when i told her!)

ReputationRep:
    lol
    there was one time, ages ago, when my friend threw a tampon at a student teacher, in a history lesson. i think we were in about year 8. it was hilarious! he didn't know what to do with it!
    Oooh, little innocent kids! How sweet they are.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crana)
    frankly im terrified!

also , i have taken over our spare room as mine b/c i sleep much better in there (double bed, comfier, and its cooler etc).....

and now what do i find

some dude is mobving in with us and i have to vacate

i am worried this is just my dads trial run for when i move out (it came as a great surprise to my mum when i told her!)
    You have to be able to go home in the "vac" tho (trying out the camb lingo...failing miserably )

You have to be able to go home in the "vac" tho (trying out the camb lingo...failing miserably )
    i may however find myslef living in the shed...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crana)
    bahahahaaaa!

Aw - you can come stay at mine

ReputationRep:
    well done laura! welcome to our humble thread!

ReputationRep:
    bahahahaaaa!

Aw - you can come stay at mine
    or mine :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crana)
    so might i...my sis and i share a room and she's alreday planning what she's going to do with our room when i move out! she seems to think i won't need a bed at home ever again. :rolleyes:

so might i...my sis and i share a room and she's alreday planning what she's going to do with our room when i move out! she seems to think i won't need a bed at home ever again. :rolleyes:

i have my own room but she;s still making moves on mine as well......i have no idea whyl....... its not like its bigger than hers or anything

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crana)
    i have my own room but she;s still making moves on mine as well......i have no idea whyl....... its not like its bigger than hers or anything
    It's because the room is yours

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crana)
    Well she IS weird... :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crana)

This from the 2004 prospectus on Christ's college:

"The college offers at least one-third of places on an 'easy offers', usually subject to only satisfying the University's basic matrictulation requirements. To qualify for such an offer,...blah blah blah (you have to be a genius basically)...Other applicants, not selected for an easy offer, are likely to receive a realistic offer"

LIES...ALL LIES!!

ReputationRep:
    i cant believe it's only been 4 days since results day and I'm already incredibly impatient to get to cambridge.....I WANT PASSOA PARTY NOW!

ReputationRep:
    yes!
    i know what you mean!

i just applied for a student account, with smile! but they want the letter from the LEA confirmimg my loan etc, but they haven't sent it yet! aaargh :eek:

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.