Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    What's this...freshers' guides??? I want a Caius one NOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willla2)
    if there's one thing i hate, it's fancy dress!

I hope emma don't do similar!
    Fancy dress??? I don't do fancy dress....

G

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by polthegael)
    Irish for singing is canadh which, in some dialects would be pronounced like your word! If we eclipsed it (e.g. with the passive) it would get a "g" in front of it (though we retain the silent "c" to show where the word came from...

You Welsh are hardcore with your initial mutations!
    'canu' or singing could be ganu if it was mutated softly... i believe the initial mutations (treiglads) make the language sound so lovely. mae'r iaith yn prydferth, yn fy marn i

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gzftan)
    Fancy dress??? I don't do fancy dress....

G

glad i'm not the only one!

I'd gladly create The Anti-Fancy Dress Society of cambridge!

Here's hoping emma dont make me angry!

ReputationRep:
    glad i'm not the only one!

I'd gladly create The Anti-Fancy Dress Society of cambridge!

Here's hoping emma dont make me angry!
    I'll join that!!!

By the way..flowers behind your ear.....that ain't fancy dress is it???

G

ReputationRep:
    No...fancy dress is where you pretend to be someone you're not by dressing up like them. And that someone must be reasonably well known. I prefer to dress as myself tbh. Although the other night we did cover our faces in cake icing writing stuff, and I was harry potter (with cheap crappy glasses and scar). I'd willingly wear icing on my face again

ReputationRep:
    No...fancy dress is where you pretend to be someone you're not by dressing up like them. And that someone must be reasonably well known. I prefer to dress as myself tbh. Although the other night we did cover our faces in cake icing writing stuff, and I was harry potter (with cheap crappy glasses and scar). I'd willingly wear icing on my face again
    Lol....in that case...no..definitely don't like fancy dress

G

ReputationRep:
    You boring lot!

But no, fancy dress isn't compulsory - it just means you get cheaper entry to the bops. Most people get properly into the spirit of the thing though

*may be being slightly hypocritical as missed most bops last year due to choir - but would have gone in fancy dress if it weren't for choir!*

(I mean to get sorted and do it properly this year, anyway )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MadNatSci)
    You boring lot!

But no, fancy dress isn't compulsory - it just means you get cheaper entry to the bops. Most people get properly into the spirit of the thing though

*may be being slightly hypocritical as missed most bops last year due to choir - but would have gone in fancy dress if it weren't for choir!*

(I mean to get sorted and do it properly this year, anyway )
    Ah...MadNatSci...yes..i am boring....lol...i just don't like dressing up...or dancing for that matter...anyone wanna help me set up an anti dance soc?? Nah...didn't think so

Btw- MadNatSci....are you starting 2nd year this October???

G

ReputationRep:
    i like dancing, got nothing wrong with that.....as long as everyone is acting stupid enough to not laugh at me

I just really dont like wearing stupid clothes....i just don't dig that...

i dont dance, i skulk

i dont dance, i skulk

ReputationRep:
    i like dancing, got nothing wrong with that.....as long as everyone is acting stupid enough to not laugh at me

I just really dont like wearing stupid clothes....i just don't dig that...
    Willa....did you just use a smiley??? OMG....are you feeling ok???

G

ReputationRep:
    Btw- MadNatSci....are you starting 2nd year this October???

G
    Yes. Scarily!

ReputationRep:
    Yes. Scarily!
    See...now that's just weird! Lol...no offence intended....but from the posting on this forum...i've always viewed you as a kind of old wise woman who knows everything you ever need to know about uni...mainly cos of all the advice you've given us. And then i just realised you're actually only a year older than all of us..which isn't old at all!!!! :eek:

G

ReputationRep:
    See...now that's just weird! Lol...no offence intended....but from the posting on this forum...i've always viewed you as a kind of old wise woman who knows everything you ever need to know about uni...mainly cos of all the advice you've given us. And then i just realised you're actually only a year older than all of us..which isn't old at all!!!! :eek:

G
    Ah... but I DO know everything...

*mysterious music*

ReputationRep:
    *mysterious music*
    Mysterious?? I have to admit... I don't think that Stereophonics- Mr Writer is a mysterious song.....but then....hey....i'm not an old wise woman who knows everything

G

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I use smilies, just very occasionally!

ReputationRep:
    OOOO OOOO THE POSTMAN!!!! He's across the street *crosses fingers for freshers pack*

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I use smilies, just very occasionally!
    Well...that's the first time i've seen you use a smiley i think..whatever next...are ytou going to start quoting people in your posts?!??!!?!! :eek:

G

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.